Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Houses for Refugees ? .. . Sleeping Bags for native homeless.

Default Re: Houses for Refugees .. . Sleeping Bags for native homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    half baked xenophobe nonsense
    As opposed to half-baked xenophile nonsense?
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by riposte View Post
    Well Sam.... I'm sure there are things wrong with me..... but what's right with me is I don't let others do my thinking for me ..... or run with the herd just because a particular view is fashionable in any particular quarter ... I like to examine the facts before following the crowd.
    If you like to examine the facts, perhaps you would go back and check the 'Breaking News' article - you will see that it does not say that houses will be provided to refugees.

Unfortunately there has been a herd that has jumped in here there and everywhere on the back of this silly, loosely worded article.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

We are not discussing the political landscape 30 years ago... we are discussing the equal and fair distribution of social housing..... TODAY.
    The sell off continues today - the process has been going on continuously for 30 years. About half of all housing in Ireland back then had been built by the State, and well-built too.

Now Fine Gael plans to liquidate what is left of that asset by making local authorites put up their housing as collateral and borrow commercially to build more.

But that will not work, as there never was any money to be made out of building decent houses for rent to people on low incomes.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

The same content is included in these two links..... one put up by yourself and one which I put up.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/2...nd-713317.html

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...nd-370860.html
    You do know that a house is not the same thing as a home, don't you.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    If you like to examine the facts, perhaps you would go back and check the 'Breaking News' article - you will see that it does not say that houses will be provided to refugees.

Unfortunately there has been a herd that has jumped in here there and everywhere on the back of this silly, loosely worded article.
    I didn't write the article....... but it contains accurate facts re 19 centres etc...... similar to the article that you posted.

It's not the loosely worded article that irks.. but like the rapes in Cologne .... these things must kept out of the press ..... and off the pages of social media. Now there's an Agenda
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

this silly, loosely worded article.
    This silly, loosely worded article doesn't mention that Ms Fitzgerald wants to focus strongly on deportation to protect "genuine" energetic young men refugees.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

You do know that a house is not the same thing as a home, don't you.
    The word used in the article was House .. not home.

The Government has identified 26 locations that will house the 4,000 refugees Ireland has agreed to take in.

Justice Minister Frances Fitzgerald said that 90 areas were identified as potential sites, with just 26 being deemed suitable by the department
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/2...nd-713317.html.
    One houses people in a House ......... one accomodates people in an apartment/flat/hotel.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

Perhaps you should consult a dictionary riposte for the correct use and meaning of house when used as a verb.

The sell off continues today - the process has been going on continuously for 30 years. About half of all housing in Ireland back then had been built by the State, and well-built too.

Now Fine Gael plans to liquidate what is left of that asset by making local authorites put up their housing as collateral and borrow commercially to build more.

But that will not work, as there never was any money to be made out of building decent houses for rent to people on low incomes.
    One of the Mods here has already called me an idiot today ...... now you are treating me like an idiot.... the rats in the sewers know all this stuff ..... you have nothing else to say except ramble off in diversionary tactics... accept the fact that I simply posted a genuine article from a respected source.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    Perhaps you should consult a dictionary riposte for the correct use and meaning of house when used as a verb.
    So now that you have finished insulting me...... you're teaching me English.

I didn't write the article....... but it contains accurate facts re 19 centres etc...... similar to the article that you posted.

It's not the loosely worded article that irks.. but like the rapes in Cologne .... these things must kept out of the press ..... and off the pages of social media. Now there's an Agenda
    One alleged rape on New Year's eve.
    And the idea of tarring 4000 men, women and children with that brush...

Exagerating, inventing stuff and distorting the meaning of reports in order to hype up xenophobia - now, there's an agenda.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

The word used in the article was House .. not home.

One houses people in a House ......... one accomodates people in an apartment/flat/hotel.
    From the Merriam Webster dictionary

house

noun

Simple Definition of house

• : a building in which a family lives
    • : the people who live in a house
    • : a structure or shelter in which animals are kept

house

verb

Simple Definition of house

• : to provide shelter or a living space for (someone)
    • : to be a shelter for (something) : to store or contain (something)
    • : to surround or enclose (something) in order to protect it
    The Government has identified 26 locations that will house (VERB )the 4,000 refugees Ireland has agreed to take in.

Justice Minister Frances Fitzgerald said that 90 areas were identified as potential sites, with just 26 being deemed suitable by the department
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/2...nd-713317.html.
    Divide 26 houses by 4000 people if you are in any doubt still about the inaccuracy of your thread title.
    Last edited by C. Flower; 29-01-2016 at 06:50 AM.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Did you ever hear of the waiting list for social housing morticia?
    Funnily enough, yes I have. However, in conversation with a former cathaoirleach of DLRCoco the other night (canvassing because she's standing for the Dail), it became apparent that there isn't enough to distribute, waiting list or no.

They are prioritising those who are actually homeless (no place else to go), meaning that the rest of the waiting list ain't going nowhere fast.

I rest my case.
    "The floggings will continue until morale improves "

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    Ah yes... you remember the last government responsible for a housing surplus? I don't think they're particularly well liked around here.
    You must know that there is a desperate housing shortage (houses, flats, hostel rooms, suitable pieces of footpath to sleep on). It was predictable that the disintegration of the construction sector and collapse of bank lending would lead to this. The Government is ideologically opposed to building social housing. So there ain't any empty houses, unless you count unroofed and ruined structures in a field in Leitrim.
    According to RTE news this morning, not one dwelling for sale in the centre of Dublin a the moment and nothing in the wider Dublin area less than 300,000 euro.

At this stage, there are very few planning permissions in place, and the old ones unbuilt from the boom have expired. Even if people started the process tomorrow, it would be a few years before they were building. There are few builders functioning and Solas has not trained any construction apprentices since the end of the boom. Outside Dublin it still costs more to build a house than to buy one second hand, so of course no one can build.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

You must know that there is a desperate housing shortage (houses, flats, hostel rooms, suitable pieces of footpath to sleep on). It was predictable that the disintegration of the construction sector and collapse of bank lending would lead to this. The Government is ideologically opposed to building social housing. So there ain't any empty houses, unless you count unroofed and ruined structures in a field in Leitrim.
    According to RTE news this morning, not one dwelling for sale in the centre of Dublin a the moment and nothing in the wider Dublin area less than 300,000 euro.

At this stage, there are very few planning permissions in place, and the old ones unbuilt from the boom have expired. Even if people started the process tomorrow, it would be a few years before they were building. There are few builders functioning and Solas has not trained any construction apprentices since the end of the boom. Outside Dublin it still costs more to build a house than to buy one second hand, so of course no one can build.
    Quote Originally Posted by morticia View Post
    Funnily enough, yes I have. However, in conversation with a former cathaoirleach of DLRCoco the other night (canvassing because she's standing for the Dail), it became apparent that there isn't enough to distribute, waiting list or no.

They are prioritising those who are actually homeless (no place else to go), meaning that the rest of the waiting list ain't going nowhere fast.

I rest my case.

Cass... could you answer this question Yes or No.... (without your usual splurge of inconsequential irrelevance) ... Should refugees be allowed to by bypass the Waiting Lists for Social Housing in the various local authorities around Ireland?
    Last edited by riposte; 29-01-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast