Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Houses for Refugees ? .. . Sleeping Bags for native homeless.

Default Re: Houses for Refugees .. . Sleeping Bags for native homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by riposte View Post
    Why would they...... I believe that everyone should be treated equally.... everyone who qualifies should be given social housing ...... Irish people should not get preference over refugees....... and REFUGEES SHOULD NOT GET PREFERENCE OVER IRISH PEOPLE.........anything wrong with that??????
    I believe everyone should be treated equally too - and also they should be treated decently.

The article does not say that they will be getting houses. The report says the department found only 19 places suitable - for 4000 people ! That presumably means disused hotels or holdiday accommodation, or similar. Nobody, Irish or otherwise, should be put into these ghettoes where there are no facilities and no access to services, education or work.

The whole situation with homelessness is an inevitable conclusion of the wind down and sell-off of social housing over the last 30 years.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...nd-370860.html
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    Ah yes... you remember the last government responsible for a housing surplus? I don't think they're particularly well liked around here.
    That goverment sold off far more social houses than it built, and forced people on low incomes to get mortgages.... we know how that went.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Why would they...... I believe that everyone should be treated equally.... everyone who qualifies should be given social housing ...... Irish people should not get preference over refugees....... and REFUGEES SHOULD NOT GET PREFERENCE OVER IRISH PEOPLE.........anything wrong with that??????
    What's wrong is that you are not half as clever as you think you are ....
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    Well, there are times most of us have to conclude that about ourselves.

The news article seems to me to be mischievous, and to use the word 'homes' where accommodation is what is meant. There does not even seem to be any new news report on which it is hung. Yet here it is, and I'm sure all over Face Book and every forum, stirring up peoples' worst feelings about non-Irish people.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Delete this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    Well Sam.... I'm sure there are things wrong with me..... but what's right with me is I don't let others do my thinking for me ..... or run with the herd just because a particular view is fashionable in any particular quarter ... I like to examine the facts before following the crowd.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. FIVE View Post
    Delete this thread
    That's outrageous .... there are hundreds of nonsense threads on this forum which well deserve to deleted ahead of this one.

. and this is not the first time the mods on here wanted close down threads which I launched.. simply because you guys can't deal with FACTS
    Last edited by riposte; 28-01-2016 at 05:23 PM.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post

The news article seems to me to be mischievous, and to use the word 'homes' where accommodation is what is meant. There does not even seem to be any new news report on which it is hung.
    The same content is included in these two links..... one put up by yourself and one which I put up.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/2...nd-713317.html

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...nd-370860.html
    Last edited by riposte; 28-01-2016 at 05:25 PM.

That's outrageous .... there are hundreds of nonsense threads on this forum which well deserve to deleted ahead of this one.
    You're not talking about our beloved Browne Girls, now, are you?

Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    You're not talking about our beloved Browne Girls, now, are you?

I hope you are not putting your head on the block there TM

I believe everyone should be treated equally too - and also they should be treated decently.

The article does not say that they will be getting houses. The report says the department found only 19 places suitable - for 4000 people ! That presumably means disused hotels or holdiday accommodation, or similar. Nobody, Irish or otherwise, should be put into these ghettoes where there are no facilities and no access to services, education or work.
    I have to concede that that is sufficently sanctimonious.

The whole situation with homelessness is an inevitable conclusion of the wind down and sell-off of social housing over the last 30 years.
    We are not discussing the political landscape 30 years ago... we are discussing the equal and fair distribution of social housing..... TODAY.
    Last edited by riposte; 28-01-2016 at 06:03 PM.

Umm, if there isn't much social housing, how can it be equitably distributed?

Voting for those who will build it might be the best bet. I am going to be nagging every canvasser on this issue....starting 2 nights ago with the first victim...whoops, I mean candidate for my all important no 1 vote.
    "The floggings will continue until morale improves "

Quote Originally Posted by morticia View Post
    Umm, if there isn't much social housing, how can it be equitably distributed?
    Did you ever hear of the waiting list for social housing morticia?

. and this is not the first time the mods on here wanted close down threads which I launched.. simply because you guys can't deal with FACTS
    Oh dear, it seems that Riposte has you there, not only did he use capital letters but he also used bold font ! "FACTS" indeed

The thread title reads somewhat like the half baked xenophobe nonsense the likes of Identity Ireland like to peddle.

The "facts" of the matter are that the refugees will be stuck in yet more direct provision hell holes.

It is mischievous, (I'm being polite) to portray criticism of refugees being "housed" (as previously discussed, this is not an accurate term) as being merely a call for equality while simultaneously seeking to restrict the scope of the conversation to the narrow ground of "Houses for Refugees .. . Sleeping Bags for native homeless" and refusing to speak about the wider context of the homeless and housing crisis in Ireland.

The argument or implication that refugees are being put ahead of "natives" is juvenile at best, if not sinister.

Whether the individuals who put forward these arguments in threads like these have sinister motivations and agendas or are merely useful idiots for the aforementioned is for the reader to decide.

The reality is that the powers that be don't care about either. All they will get is lip service and the absolute bare minimum. Sleeping bags, perhaps glorified prefabs for the homeless and direct provision internment for the refugees. Both will continue to suffer, this suffering is not the fault of the other, their interests are not antagonistic - they are the same. Although it serves certain agendas to portray it as such, it is not a choice of one or the other - the housing and refugee crisis both should be dealt with properly.
    Last edited by Saoirse go Deo; 28-01-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post

The thread title reads somewhat like the half baked xenophobe nonsense the likes of Identity Ireland like to peddle.
    Only because that's the way you want to read it.

The "facts" of the matter are that the refugees will be stuck in yet more direct provision hell holes.
    Can you see that in your crystal ball?

It is mischievous, (I'm being polite) to portray criticism of refugees being "housed" (as previously discussed, this is not an accurate term) as being merely a call for equality while simultaneously seeking to restrict the scope of the conversation to the narrow ground of "Houses for Refugees .. . Sleeping Bags for native homeless" and refusing to speak about the wider context of the homeless and housing crisis in Ireland.
    I never refused to speak about anything.

The argument or implication that refugees are being put ahead of "natives" is juvenile at best, if not sinister.
    Whether the individuals who put forward these arguments in threads like these have sinister motivations and agendas or are merely useful idiots for the aforementioned is for the reader to decide.
    I never made any such arguments ...I merely posted an article from Breaking Newshttp://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/2...nd-713317.html... and it ill-becomes a Mod here describe one of the ten regular contributors to this site as an idiot.

The reality is that the powers that be don't care about either. All they will get is lip service and the absolute bare minimum. Sleeping bags, perhaps glorified prefabs for the homeless and direct provision internment for the refugees. Both will continue to suffer, this suffering is not the fault of the other, their interests are not antagonistic - they are the same. Although it serves certain agendas to portray it as such, it is not a choice of one or the other - the housing and refugee crisis both should be dealt with properly.
    You are reading my mind again through your own jaundiced prism.... and smearing me as often before with having agendas ......... which I certainly don't have.
    Last edited by riposte; 28-01-2016 at 08:51 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast