Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Houses for Refugees ? .. . Sleeping Bags for native homeless.

Default Re: Houses for Refugees ? .. . Sleeping Bags for native homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by riposte View Post
    In 1924 when the Free State Arny pulled out of Richmond Barracks(Keogh Barracks) the Cosgrave turned the barracks into housing for the poor of Dublin. Many families were glad to move from the tenements into the barracks and many people today talk with pride their families coming from Keogh Square as it later came to be called. Anyone interested in how popular this topic is can view it all at....... https://www.facebook.com/keoghsquare/?fref=ts
    I have to admit I was wondering if it was so easy, why were they not opened for the people in the streets in Dublin.

The answer clearly is nothing to do with refugees, as people were dying on the streets of Dublin last year, and before last year.

The people dying were of a variety of national backgrounds.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by riposte View Post
    In 1924 when the Free State Arny pulled out of Richmond Barracks(Keogh Barracks) the Cosgrave turned the barracks into housing for the poor of Dublin. Many families were glad to move from the tenements into the barracks and many people today talk with pride their families coming from Keogh Square as it later came to be called. Anyone interested in how popular this topic is can view it all at....... https://www.facebook.com/keoghsquare/?fref=ts
    Fascinating page.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

And you shall henceforth be known as the Closer of Threads!
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    And you shall henceforth be known as the Closer of Threads!
    You will henceforth be known as TotaMayhem.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345