Thread: Eco Friendly... My Arse!

Default Eco Friendly... My Arse!

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

Default Re: Eco Friendly... My Arse!

Quote Originally Posted by riposte View Post
    I would, if it would work for me.

What is it, anyway ?
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    I would, if it would work for me.

What is it, anyway ?
    People in Kilkenny ........in social housing ........were forced to accept wood-burning pellet stoves in their parlors.. which cost 84 euro a week to run........ which belch smoke and dust.... when they work..... are never serviced and are very often broken down at the coldest days of the year. The stoves take up as much as 50% of the room where they are installed. Noisey, dirty and filthy mosters.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

Whats a parlor? A pensioners living room?

They sound like a disaster but proper wood pellet stoves can be very effective

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    Whats a parlor? A pensioners living room?

They sound like a disaster but proper wood pellet stoves can be very effective
    Maybe....... in your garden shed... but not in your parlor/sitting room/lounge...... depending how grand you feel!

People in Kilkenny ........in social housing ........were forced to accept wood-burning pellet stoves in their parlors.. which cost 84 euro a week to run........ which belch smoke and dust.... when they work..... are never serviced and are very often broken down at the coldest days of the year. The stoves take up as much as 50% of the room where they are installed. Noisey, dirty and filthy mosters.
    There was a disaster along these lines in Wexford County, I remember. Would you be able to post a working link on this ?

There is a long history, not only in Ireland, of social housing being poorly insulated and given very inefficient and expensive heating systems.

The worst I ever heard of was electric fires mounted on the ceilings in the U.K.

In Ireland a young woman died of hypothermia in a Dublin City Council flat. The block was pulled down too quickly for any independent engineer's report to be done: I never heard of any compensation being paid to her orphaned son.

Nowadays, having the central heating turned on is a new indicator for 'middle class'.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

There was a disaster along these lines in Wexford County, I remember. Would you be able to post a working link on this ?

There is a long history, not only in Ireland, of social housing being poorly insulated and given very inefficient and expensive heating systems.

The worst I ever heard of was electric fires mounted on the ceilings in the U.K.

In Ireland a young woman died of hypothermia in a Dublin City Council flat. The block was pulled down too quickly for any independent engineer's report to be done: I never heard of any compensation being paid to her orphaned son.

Nowadays, having the central heating turned on is a new indicator for 'middle class'.

The link works ok when I click on it here http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radiop...A20-01-2016%3A You need to RTE Realplayer installed.

The point of the thread is .......we get a lot of propaganda for renewable forms of energy....... and the down sides are buried by the fanatics.
    Last edited by riposte; 21-01-2016 at 09:11 PM.

The link works ok when I click on it here http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radiop...A20-01-2016%3A You need to RTE Realplayer installed.

The point of the thread is .......we get a lot of propaganda for renewable forms of energy....... and the down sides are buried by the fanatics.
    If you provide the name of the programme, and date, people can search for it.

Not sure how renewable commercially harvested timber is - there must be quite a bit of nutrient and top soil loss.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

If you provide the name of the programme, and date, people can search for it.
    http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/pr...080873#2080873

Liveline Wedmesday 20th Jan

Stove Problems
    Orla O'Shea and Anthony Quinn contacted Liveline today to highlight trouble they're having with their green energy heating systems.