Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The murderer in the Kremlin

Default The murderer in the Kremlin

Public inquiry concludes there is a "strong possibility" the Litvinenko hit has been personally ordered by Putin himself.

The Guardian
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Default Re: The murderer in the Kremlin

Probably?

Yeah probably ( who else ) and then a country which churns out russophobic propaganda as part of their normal routine as per their Current Geo Political position doesn't really bring much clarity to the situation.

Russia bad, Putin bad, we were hardly expecting anything else in the report.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    Public inquiry concludes there is a "strong possibility" the Litvinenko hit has been personally ordered by Putin himself.

The Guardian
    "Strong possibility" strikes me as a very weak statement. It wouldn't even past muster in a civil case, let alone criminal.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Then why is Putin hiding his henchmen in Russia? If they'd have nothing to fear in a criminal case, as you say, why don't they go to Britain (where they're wan ted for murder) and stand trial to clear their names?

On this note, Interpol and Europol have just issued international arrest warrants for the suspected killers.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Then why is Putin hiding his henchmen in Russia? If they'd have nothing to fear in a criminal case, as you say, why don't they go to Britain (where they're wan ted for murder) and stand trial to clear their names?

On this note, Interpol and Europol have just issued international arrest warrants for the suspected killers.
    Your headline implies Putin is a murderer. The report, according to your own quote, only finds a 'strong possibility' that he ordered the hit.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Well, if the two FSB agents were some freelance/rogue killers then why is Putin protecting them? And don't forget that Putin was a colonel in the KGB, the agency that spawned the FSB.

When Litvinenko was poisoned he was investigating the murder of Anna Politkovskaya, another hit linked to Putin. Coincidence?

If they'd have nothing to fear in a criminal case, as you say, why don't they go to Britain (where they're wan ted for murder) and stand trial to clear their names?
    Clear their names? ...... you mean like the Birmingham Six, the Guildford Four and the Maguire Seven.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

Russian sense of humour: Putin's mouthpiece Dmitry Peskov warned such inquiries risked "poisoning" relations between London and Moscow.

Reuters

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Russia.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	1057  
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

Why is the report being released now? This happened ten years ago. I thought there was some kind of rapprochement going on with everybody merrily bombing Syria?

Bit unfortunate, Litvinenko's own brother isn't buying it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tin-smear.html

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    "Strong possibility" strikes me as a very weak statement. It wouldn't even past muster in a civil case, let alone criminal.
    ''Strong possibility'' is enough to issue a warrant for arrest. Given the publicity, the chances of a fair trial by jury in the UK [criminal court] are presently odds against.

Taking into consideration that secret evidence was heard in closed court to decide the outcome of the report, it's not likely that said ''secret evidence'' will be disclosed in a court for ordinary members of a jury. Or the public for that matter.

In the end, if such a trial were to be held and the only evidence is based on a report that says there is a strong possibility the accused did commit a murderous act, it is still not enough to convict beyond a reasonable doubt in the absence of any other evidence.
    Happiness is an inside job.

"Strong possibility" refers to Putin's direct involvement in the matter (just as there is a "strong possibility" that Stalin ordered the murder of Trotsky, he just never signed a death warrant), the arrest warrants for the two suspected killers have been issued upon rather compelling evidence.

But if you believe in coincidence regarding the cruel fates that have befallen so many Putin critics, I will tell you where Elvis lives.

"Strong possibility" refers to Putin's direct involvement in the matter (just as there is a "strong possibility" that Stalin ordered the murder of Trotsky, he just never signed a death warrant), the arrest warrants for the two suspected killers have been issued upon rather compelling evidence.
    So it's probably similar to Cheney's responsibility for torture then? It's 'strongly possible' he authorised it, but no smoking gun?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast