Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling out around the World.

Default Calling out around the World.

Anybody out there want to share a random moment in time just to describe a lived and learned experience? Everyone welcome! I want stories in compact detail. Emphasis on compacted detail,...... using minimal words.

I may have questions and you'll have yours. In the Social sense let's begin to learn together, in no particular order....

Who's First?
    Happiness is an inside job.

Default Re: Calling out around the World.

I had a dream of sailing away on a carpet of leaves laid out on a fast flowing river.
    Give me a misty day, pearly gray, silver, silky faced, wide-awake crescent-shaped smile

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew49 View Post
    I had a dream of sailing away on a carpet of leaves laid out on a fast flowing river.
    Nature carrier Spirit.

When I was about 15 I was walking by a small triangular field on the outskirts of town, inside the wall in the field was a bald black man wearing a white suit sitting down on a white chair looking at something on a small white picnic type table, behind him was a small camping tent.

When I came back that way about an hour later the man and his table, chair and tent were gone and it didn't look like anyone had been in the little triangular field that day.

Quite a coup for the Paddies. It has the whiff of the Tet offensive about it. If they'd only had the wit to press their advantage, they would had had machine gunners outside to pick off the survivors.
    ^ The above is an extract from a former British government minister's diaries. Without using Google, what was his name, and what event did this extract refer to?

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    ^ The above is an extract from a former British government minister's diaries. Without using Google, what was his name, and what event did this extract refer to?
    Norman Tebbitt and the Brighton Bombing?
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

Default Maidir Le: Re: Calling out around the World.

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    I don't know but I'd like you to tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    Norman Tebbitt and the Brighton Bombing?
    Right on second point, wrong on first.

It was Alan Clark.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...l-1787343.html

Quote Originally Posted by Shaadi View Post
    When I was about 15 I was walking by a small triangular field on the outskirts of town, inside the wall in the field was a bald black man wearing a white suit sitting down on a white chair looking at something on a small white picnic type table, behind him was a small camping tent.

When I came back that way about an hour later the man and his table, chair and tent were gone and it didn't look like anyone had been in the little triangular field that day.
    Good one. Tell me, was the Sun shining and is the story true?

Quote Originally Posted by Trow View Post
    Good one. Tell me, was the Sun shining and is the story true?
    The sun was shining but it wasn't a hot day, 15° or so in the late afternoon but nice enough for someone to have pitched a tent.

Yes, it's true in my memory bank but as there weren't a lot of bald black men in white suits camping in small towns in the west of Ireland in the 80s then I can't quite be sure if I wasn't in the twilight zone at the time.

At the height of the hunger strikes when tensions in the South reached a crescendo that had the Southern authorities really worried about keeping public order. I saw a large troop carrying military helicopter flying low on a foggy morning as if it was getting its bearings from the landscape. As there were no large troop carrying type helicopters in the Irish Army at the time I assumed then that the Irish and British military were cooperating in preparation for keeping a lid on the South. It was a revelation in that if they were working that closely together then, the relationship must have been much deeper than that incident. Incidentally the chopper was not far away from the little triangular field.

The sun was shining but it wasn't a hot day, 15° or so in the late afternoon but nice enough for someone to have pitched a tent.

Yes, it's true in my memory bank but as there weren't a lot of bald black men in white suits camping in small towns in the west of Ireland in the 80s then I can't quite be sure if I wasn't in the twilight zone at the time.

At the height of the hunger strikes when tensions in the South reached a crescendo that had the Southern authorities really worried about keeping public order. I saw a large troop carrying military helicopter flying low on a foggy morning as if it was getting its bearings from the landscape. As there were no large troop carrying type helicopters in the Irish Army at the time I assumed then that the Irish and British military were cooperating in preparation for keeping a lid on the South. It was a revelation in that if they were working that closely together then, the relationship must have been much deeper than that incident. Incidentally the chopper was not far away from the little triangular field.
    Quite a few sitings of them on the wrong side of the border: saw it myself, and have heard other people say the same.

Thatcher sent troops in to the north of Finland in Russian uniform on a few occasions.

!
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Quite a few sitings of them on the wrong side of the border: saw it myself, and have heard other people say the same.

Thatcher sent troops in to the north of Finland in Russian uniform on a few occasions.

!
    East Galway is a long long way from the border.

It surely is...
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

1981 - we were offering the British 500,000 Irish conscripts and a land base for their army ('in nuclear war') so that the British could get on with fighting the commies.

http://www.politicalworld.org/showth...465#post215465

Also offering

sites for missiles, 38 airfields, six major and 38 minor ports, a potential supply of oil and a staging post for reinforcements from North America, the report suggests.

So why should we be surprised at Enda offering to step into the shoes of the French forces in Mali ?

— Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    1981 - we were offering the British 500,000 Irish conscripts and a land base for their army ('in nuclear war') so that the British could get on with fighting the commies.

http://www.politicalworld.org/showth...465#post215465

Also offering

So why should we be surprised at Enda offering to step into the shoes of the French forces in Mali ?

[/COLOR]
    I've always known even as a chisler that the old Civil Service and security forces have always been loyal to outside influence. There's quare treacherous types still running this state since the letterboxes changed colour and Collins filled the Army with ex British Army men.

A good and fearless investigative historian could dig some seriously embarrassing stuff up on the never really left the place British intelligence presence in the ROI if he wasn't knobbled in the process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast