Thread: New Israel ambassador starts work in Ireland

Default New Israel ambassador starts work in Ireland

New Israel ambassador starts work in Ireland

By Sandy Rashty, November 6, 2015

http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/14...s-work-ireland

Default Re: New Israel ambassador starts work in Ireland

Have Mr & Mrs Hasbara buggered off to some new posting, presumably? Carol Hunt will b truly desolee...
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

UK section?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    Have Mr & Mrs Hasbara buggered off to some new posting, presumably? Carol Hunt will b truly desolee...
    'Hasbara' refers to 'public relations efforts to disseminate abroad positive information or propaganda about the State of Israel and its actions' (according to wiki) , so it strikes me as a redundant phrase to use in reference to an Israeli ambassador, as public relations efforts on behalf of their countries is part of what ambassadors are supposed and required to do, surely?

I thought that Nurit Tinari-Modai's analysis last year was broadly accurate.

http://www.thejournal.ie/israel-emba...14325-Aug2014/

I wonder if the new Hasbara man will be sending out anti-Palestinian Christmas cards like the last clown.

The use of 'hasbara' or 'hasbara man' in this context strikes me as superfluous, redundant. It's the job of any ambassador to engage in public diplomacy and present the best face of their country. That's what they're paid to do.

I expect our Irish ambassadors abroad to pursue 'hasbara', or 'taidhleoireacht' - don't you guys?
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.