Thread: Lansdowne Road agreement

Default Lansdowne Road agreement

Our union is due to ballot next week on the Lansdowne Road public service pay agreement.

I missed any discussion on it because I was away in the US when it was promulgated (or whatever it is you do with agreements).

Does anyone have a link to a decent critique of this agreement, or any good arguments that can be used in discussing it?

Default Re: Lansdowne Road agreement

Come on people! Maybe I am the only PS in this forum?

Ok, I presume the Lansdowne Rd is the one that states a reduction in the pension levy for those of us in the public sector?
    Need to look it up later. I was always a little hesitant about counting on it going through, though, given the proximity of the next GE to the budget. Therefore I haven't given it the attention it deserves. Will look later
    "The floggings will continue until morale improves "

From talking to some public service people I know, the feeling is it will pass. I've actually not read up on it too deeply, but aspects I know such as making the interns in the health service permanent is a good move.

FF are playing ball on LRA 2.0

Crucially for Fine Gael, Fianna Fáil has promised to support the Lansdowne Road agreement on public sector pay.

To explore a possible successor to the Lansdowne Road agreement, which expires in September 2018, the two parties have agreed to establish a commission on pay in the public sector.
    While most of the agreement is couched in general terms, it is understood there is agreement to raise rent allowance by 15 per cent in the next budget. There is also believed to be an initiative on health service waiting lists.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/polit...pact-1.2629962
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

FF are playing ball on LRA 2.0

Crucially for Fine Gael, Fianna Fáil has promised to support the Lansdowne Road agreement on public sector pay.

To explore a possible successor to the Lansdowne Road agreement, which expires in September 2018, the two parties have agreed to establish a commission on pay in the public sector.
    While most of the agreement is couched in general terms, it is understood there is agreement to raise rent allowance by 15 per cent in the next budget. There is also believed to be an initiative on health service waiting lists.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/polit...pact-1.2629962
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

LOCK-OUT OF TEACHERS THREATENED BY BRUTON!
    William Martin Murphy LIVES!
    More http://wp.me/pKzXa-sM
    Support ASTI Teachers, GRA Gardai ,AGSI Sergeants and Inspectors

Default Maidir Le: Lansdowne Road agreement

The new public sector pay "deal" is very poor. The pay adjustments are so small and spaced out that they will hardly be noticeable and could be wiped out entirely by rent increases and inflation. It does nothing to reverse pay inequality or the 15 million unpaid hours public servants work each year. The most outrageous element is the provision that staff may be able to stop working the extra hours, but if so they would not be paid for them -- even though they are not being paid for them in the first place!

It is likely that the conservative trade unions Siptu and Impact will accept the offer, but a groundswell of opposition is already building in the smaller unions to the proposals, which would effectively enshrine unpaid work and unequal pay in perpetuity. Without the threat of economic Armageddon that hung over Croke Park and Haddington Road, their opposition could be much more effective.