Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Identity Ireland - Ireland's First Openly Racist Political Party ?

Default Re: Irish Identity - Ireland's First Openly Racist Political Party ?

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    You seem to be incredibly au fait with McGrath's opinions and history, and dedicated to articulating it, one would be forgiven for thinking that we are speaking with McGrath himself! But, as much as I loath to commend the man, I must say to those readers who may have jumped to erroneous and unfair conclusions in this regard, that McGrath would not be so pathetic a creature, so sad and, to borrow an American phrase, so much a downright loser that he would post on an online forum pretending to be some form of journalist who interviewed McGrath...

Even as a critic, I must give the man some credit by comprehensively ruling that out and instead commend you for conducting what must have been an exhaustive interview given the range of ground you sought his opinion on and have reproduced here so thoroughly. And to think that we, the lucky few here on political world, have only seen a taster of this blockbuster interview! You must let us know when it is published so we can view the whole document, but alas, I fear you may have given a good deal of it away here for free in your generosity.

As for McGraths reputation, to get a sense of that you would need to talk to others who live in Kilkenny including, as you acknowledge, his numerous critics. I must inform you that McGrath does not have an excellent reputation in the eyes of many in Kilkenny judging by what I have heard. Although I'm starting to believe I have not heard about all that there is to know about McGrath given I am not a native of the city. It seems I have only scratched the surface and there are further depths to plunge before I can come to a final conclusion on that man. I must thank you for giving me further insight into McGrath, knowledge which, no doubt, would have influenced the content of earlier posts I made in this thread before your good self arrived.

As someone who spends a fair amount of time in Kilkenny perhaps you would like me to relay some of these stories I have heard, perhaps it could help provide some background for your interview piece, which surely must be bordering on being a full biography? If the print media judge your piece to be too interminable perhaps a publishing house may offer a book deal?

It would be interesting to get his perspective on what are perhaps borderline urban legends in Kilkenny which could be the basis for an entire chapter, nay, even volume, of just such a book. A story about McGrath paying a visit to Superquinn comes to mind.

I'm happy to help you in this regard, a token allusion to your online friends in the acknowledgments section would be ample compensation.
    I have no idea what you are on about, I have been to Superquinn ( SuperValu) , Market Cross, Kilkenny, with Michael McGrath and all seems normal, quiet and even friendly.
    And indeed I have great interest in "The McGrath Report" already from Dun Emer publishers of Baggot Street, Dublin.
    However it's proving difficult to tie Michael down for a book.

Default Re: Irish Identity - Ireland's First Openly Racist Political Party ?

You seem to be incredibly au fait with McGrath's opinions and history, and dedicated to articulating it, one would be forgiven for thinking that we are speaking with McGrath himself!.................
    As it happens while trying to find out who Michael McGrath is I came across this. I am sure he has plenty of good qualities but one of his strange features is he sometimes speakes of himself as a third person:

Quote Originally Posted by Michael McGrath on IrishBlogs
    The Kilkenny Journal, www.KilkennyJournal.ie , is an online newspaper for local , national and international news, opinion and comment. It is edited by a retired journalist, Michael McGrath, who actually worked on the former Kilkenny Journal newspaper that ceased circulation in December 1965. That newspaper celebrates its 25oth anniversary in 2017, having been founded as Finn's Leinster Journal in 1767. It was the second oldest provincial newspaper in Ireland after the Dungannon Observer, and the oldest in the Republic.

The Kilkenny Journal stands up for traditional values as against the new liberal elitism. It forecast the great victory of Donald Trump as president of the USA , having endorsed him as the candidate for Irish Americans to vote for. In this context The Kilkenny Journal has a great overseas readership amongst the Irish diaspora.
    ~
    The Kilkenny Journal also publishes a Facebook page and Facebook group, as well as another Facebook page titled The Irish Press. It also has The Irish Press Facebook page amongst other FB pages and groups.

This online newspaper has been publishing since August 2013. It has been described, even denounced, as "right-wing" and in this context has fought online battles with Sinn Fein which it sees as a new Trotskyist party. Indeed the editor Michael McGrath has Sinn Fein in the High Court in an action for defamation as a result of a full-page article in An Phoblacht May 2016 edition describing him as a former nazi "masquerading as a journalist".

Editor McGrath denies that he was ever a nazi, stating that the nazis were the embodiment of Evil in the world and that Sinn Fein can hardly afford to throw stones when it comes to their own crimes against humanity.

Editor McGrath has also fallen foul of the local Kilkenny liberal elite including the local Green party councilor and a local Amnesty International supremo over their pro-abortion policy. Thus the Kilkenny Journal is a battleground between McGrath and the extreme left in Irish society. At one stage hundreds of Shinners nationwide wrote comments into the Kilkenny Journal for two days in a pitched online battle with McGrath who replied to all their attacks single-handed.

But the online newspaper is much more than that and waxes lyrical over medieval Kilkenny and the city's history going back to Druidic times. There are great articles too on local politics with good-natured satire against local politicians such as Fianna Fail's "G.I. Joe".

Left-wing parties and politicians have ordered their followers to boycott The Kilkenny Journal. There are even alternative facebook sites put up to "silence McGrath" .

Editor McGrath has fought a battle with the NUJ over their Abortion on Demand policy for Ireland since 1979 . He even appeared in the High Court in 1981 assisting a former colleague blacked by the NUJ for being pro-life and they won against the Union ( Quirke V NUJ 1981, McWilliam J ). However his close friends include local photographers and journalists while as former Workers party councillor declares that, "It's impossible to categorise McGrath as he veers across the centre of the road from extreme left to extreme right depending on the issue".

Today the Kilkenny Journal takes a strong line against mass immigration. The online paper is, however, totally independent of all political parties and is genuinely independent. It is probably the most outspoken publication in Ireland, or anywhere. Michael McGrath himself says that he hates all the political parties but not the individual politicians of those parties.

Michael McGrath was a journalist on The Kilkenny Journal newspaper, The Munster Express and The Kilkenny Standard and as a press photographer has had numerous photographs published as well. Thus The Kilkenny journal online is excellent for its photography too.
    It's ideal for Kilkenny people abroad to keep up with all the news and events back home. Outside of his online journalism Michael McGrath is fifty years a professional photographer.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    Michael McGrath, Nov 10, 2016 #1

from here: http://irishblogs.com/threads/the-ki...l.47/#post-140

And just for good measure a link to the Kilkenny Jornal: http://www.kilkennyjournal.ie/index....michaelmcgrath

Default Re: Identity Ireland - Ireland's First Openly Racist Political Party ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehopper View Post
    He confidently forecasts that he will win against Sinn Fein in the High Court. The case record number is 2016/5025P that you can check on the High Court Search site. Sinn Fein solicitors defending are McCartan & Burke, Iceland House, Arran Court, Arran Quay, Smithfield, Dublin 7 .
    You can add that to the list of things he's been wrong about.

Case got struck out by the Judge: http://highcourtsearch.courts.ie/hcs...&processType=P

Quote Originally Posted by I Killed Shergar View Post
    You can add that to the list of things he's been wrong about.

Case got struck out by the Judge: http://highcourtsearch.courts.ie/hcs...&processType=P
    That link isn't working, can you post it again or give the reference?

I want to have a good laugh
    The United Irishman. Updated 5/2/14

That link isn't working, can you post it again or give the reference?

I want to have a good laugh
    Found it...

The United Irishman. Updated 5/2/14

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910