Thread: Fake or Real?

Exclamation Fake or Real?

Yanis Varoufakis says he has ‘never given the finger ever’ after being confronted on German TV by clip from 2013 that appears to show him raising middle finger.

If this is a fake then it's very good.

Give me a misty day, pearly gray, silver, silky faced, wide-awake crescent-shaped smile

Default Re: Fake or Real?

An ambush.

What if he did say it ?

(I can't work out what he is actually was saying.)

He recommended a Greek default when speaking in 2013. Now he doesn't.

What I would like to know is why he has changed his mind, not who he did and didn't give the finger to in 2013.

I think Varoufakis is a careerist, and a chancer, who has bitten off way more than he can chew and is unfortunately leading the Greek people into an impasse, but he doesn't actually mean any harm, unlike the shysters who put the programme together.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    An ambush.

What if he did say it ?

(I can't work out what he is actually was saying.)
    Yes, an ambush. And you can bet that they have been trawling through all his history to see what they can turn up.

He does seem to have said it, btw. He spoke in English. Here is the clip.

Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

He said it, but the finger itself was definitely photoshopped. The full gory details are on the "Greek swansong?" thread.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre