Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dublin Students Plan Protest After Board of Management Cancel Homophobic Bullying Workshop

Default Re: Dublin Students Plan Protest After Board of Management Cancel Homophobic Bullying Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Seán Ryan View Post
    I sincerely hope that both the media and the public are misunderstanding this.

To suggest that there are two sides of debate in the homophobic bullying problem is to be a homophobe.

Methinks, the debate in which there are two sides is the one where the parent of the child to be excluded thinks that having the talk in the child's absense will paint a target on the child's back.

Not a very intelligent debate admittedly, but not an act of homophobia either.

I hope I'm correct in my speculation...
    Spot on imo.

Ironic that the talk was about bullying given the reaction to it being cancelled or postponed. I wonder how the poor principle feels. Like a doormat I would imagine ...
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Default Re: Dublin Students Plan Protest After Board of Management Cancel Homophobic Bullying Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    Spot on imo.

Ironic that the talk was about bullying given the reaction to it being cancelled or postponed. I wonder how the poor principle feels. Like a doormat I would imagine ...
    Very ironic that the first thing to go was reason itself...

Still, I suppose in the fullness of time, when this is seen as the storm in a teacup that it probably is, it might well enhance the workshop.

Christ I hope I'm not turning into an optimist.

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Quote Originally Posted by Seán Ryan View Post
    I sincerely hope that both the media and the public are misunderstanding this.

To suggest that there are two sides of debate in the homophobic bullying problem is to be a homophobe.

Methinks, the debate in which there are two sides is the one where the parent of the child to be excluded thinks that having the talk in the child's absense will paint a target on the child's back.

Not a very intelligent debate admittedly, but not an act of homophobia either.

I hope I'm correct in my speculation...
    Well said

Nothing has been said about that point that is highlighted

Jan O Sullivan launched an anti homophobic campaign today
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12