Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hypocrisy of Saudi Arabia

Default Re: Hypocrisy of Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by morticia View Post

Abdullah did set up university places for women, and his government did fund female postgrad places for Saudis abroad, so they could come home with PhDs and teach. For that alone, I would thank him.
    Jayzus .... you're easily satisfied!

That actually, is a very clever subversive move;
    .... or a sop ward of the evil day.

I'm sure he realised fourth level educated women are unlikely to go back in their boxes too easily.
    ..... if they can keep their heads... lol !!
    Last edited by riposte; 24-01-2015 at 05:12 PM.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    Je suis Shaadi!

you know i respect your opinion? eh? very much so.

but I do not want to discuss Israel - not with you nor with anyone in this forum really (I was being sarcastic the other day which is also not me as I avoid sarcasm online at all costs - maybe i have been using this too much?)

if you wish me to make it very clear to you and to the rest of the audience here why that is click the pic below. And this is the last I say about Israel/Palestine here (i hope).

Attachment 901
    (this is the Nazi Party estimate of the number of Jews in Europe in 1942 by Country).

also we are off topic which i usually love but gives mods reason to kick us out.

true Ireland is a small country but is not unimportant as you guys are few but you are g-d damned noisy.

what I was trying to say was: go ahead and feel free to turn your attention to other equally relevant human rights abuses that could also use a hand.
    There are quite a few people protesting outside the Saudi Embassy , RNY, including many friends of mine. I would love to go but I live a long way from Dublin. The Saudis have no consulate in Munster, that I know of.

Lagarde on the deceased:

"In a very discreet way, he was a strong advocate of women. It was very gradual, appropriately so probably for the country."

Lest he should be knocked out by US-funded and trained war lords, as happened to "strong advocates of women" in Afghanistan?
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Hysterical to congratulate such a murdering f'r for letting some women go to college.

If this was the Ayatollah we'd be saying good riddance yet we have handwringers abound, including a few of our own site's posters, over this wicked man's death.

Where is Joan? I expected to see her holding a "Je suis Abdullah" sign
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    @DCon

I'm still finding the title of this thread a bit of a mystery. There is nothing hypocritical about the Saudi Arabian regime. It does what it says on the can - pumps oil, funds 'jihadi's', cuts people's heads off, buys US arms and follows US foreign policy.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    Je suis Shaadi!

you know i respect your opinion? eh? very much so.

but I do not want to discuss Israel - not with you nor with anyone in this forum really ...
    if you wish me to make it very clear to you and to the rest of the audience here why that is click the pic below. And this is the last I say about Israel/Palestine here (i hope).

Attachment 901
    (this is the Nazi Party estimate of the number of Jews in Europe in 1942 by Country).

also we are off topic which i usually love but gives mods reason to kick us out.
    True, this is off topic, but to reassure you, there is no reason I can see why you should not discuss the topic on the forum. In fact, you just did.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Germany is to stop arms exports, and related bribes if Greece is anything to go by, to Saudi Arabia

http://www.timesofisrael.com/germany...arabia-report/
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    Don't forget Frances goodbye Irish Visa, sovereignty and privacy rights Fitzgerald.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    @DCon

I'm still finding the title of this thread a bit of a mystery. There is nothing hypocritical about the Saudi Arabian regime. It does what it says on the can - pumps oil, funds 'jihadi's', cuts people's heads off, buys US arms and follows US foreign policy.
    Yeah it's a bit of a hysterical title.

We know they only do what they say they will do. Which makes the actions of Charlie Flanagan and his other extremist Ministerial colleagues all the more disgusting.

At least the Scots are made if sterner stuff than Enda/Joan

@DCon

Yep, what you see is what you get, alright.
    I do think those living there may be right and that there is hope of slow reform, opposed by the imams every step of the way.

I have to say though, I do think flying the flag at half mast was possibly going a tad too far. At least for now.

The current King Salman apparently has health issues and may not last very long; I'd be interested to see what happens when the monarchy goes to someone under 60. There may be a rocky few years ahead, though; a sick ruler there generally means the clerics can get the bit between their teeth...not good.
    "The floggings will continue until morale improves "

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Yep, what you see is what you get, alright.
    I do think those living there may be right and that there is hope of slow reform, opposed by the imams every step of the way.

I have to say though, I do think flying the flag at half mast was possibly going a tad too far. At least for now.

The current King Salman apparently has health issues and may not last very long; I'd be interested to see what happens when the monarchy goes to someone under 60. There may be a rocky few years ahead, though; a sick ruler there generally means the clerics can get the bit between their teeth...not good.
    http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/201.../#.VMbFmP6sUg8

Said to be open minded

Maybe let women drive during daylight hours??

DFA flying flags at half mast stank of *****. Placating the SA kingdom to keep the exports going...
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

@DCon

They criticised the terrorists in Paris and supported France but flogged a blogger....
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybiscuits View Post
    They criticised the terrorists in Paris and supported France but flogged a blogger....
    Ok, yes, this does actually meet the definition of hypocrisy, alright
    "The floggings will continue until morale improves "

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast