Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hypocrisy of Saudi Arabia

Default Re: Hypocrisy of Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    not your best up to now

so I will not bother to expand on this pile of (WOT exactly?)
    I'm not here to give my best, just my opinion on political matters and thread subject material. The Hypocrisy of Saudi Arabia is facilitated by the blind eye turned to its behaviour by the all powerful one.

(I dont think our issue is the US virtue - as we all know/accept here - as is Ireland's lack of virtue)

Should we start w the fact that You Ireland (either you people in this forum like it or not) are a European partner, a member of the pack?

so wait?

you riding that moral high horse/arse of yours once again? - over and over and over again - a mountain of the 'sit on me ass and do good mentality'

Where's your answer re Are you people protesting in front of the g-d damned Saudi embassy or not? v. we MUST protest Eretz Israel mentality that has been drilled into the back of yer brain (I mean at this point you must have your Do Gooder reputation to protect, no?)
    The issue is one of the Saudis being hypocrites, big swing, everyone knows what the Saudis are, they don't claim to be champions of freedom, everyone knows what they've been spreading and who's been supporting their behaviour ( you guys ) and who's been ignoring them ( everyone ).

Ireland is a small unimportant country under the EU whip. The majority in Ireland prefer not to cause harm to others and to be supportive of non violent solutions. There are a substantial number of Irish people who are sympathetic to Israel, they even have pro Israel marches. As is anyone's want, people can pick the issues they choose to be exercised about. The image below represents the vicious Colonisation of another people's land, paid for by the US chequebook which Israel is reliant on.

People engaged in a conflict behave in ways that reflect the damaged psychology of people living in a tit for tat bubble which warps their thought process compared to those who live without conflict. In Israel's case I would put the primary blame for their behaviour on their enablers the USA.

That Israeli expansion is achievable militarily, the problem for Israel lies in pushing things too far. If an overstreched Israel comes up against an ISIS type foe then it could begin to fall, if it feels it is going to fall then it will fire nukes, no doubt about it. In a world where Palestine no longer exists, the Extreme Islamists with their finger on possible Saudi or other Gulf Nukes at that stage may say to hell with you and nuke Israel so that no one gets to keep Palestine. You guys have fired military hardware at the Saudis and Israelis and cowered away from discussions on holding these countries Nuclear War ambitions to scrutiny.

Saudi nuclear weapons 'on order' from Pakistan

Saudi Arabia has invested in Pakistani nuclear weapons projects, and believes it could obtain atomic bombs at will, a variety of sources have told BBC Newsnight.

While the kingdom's quest has often been set in the context of countering Iran's atomic programme, it is now possible that the Saudis might be able to deploy such devices more quickly than the Islamic republic.

Earlier this year, a senior Nato decision maker told me that he had seen intelligence reporting that nuclear weapons made in Pakistan on behalf of Saudi Arabia are now sitting ready for delivery.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-24823846

US secures record $60 billion arms sale to Saudi Arabia
    The United States is selling $60 billion (£40 billion) worth of aircraft to Saudi Arabia in a huge deal that will increase unease about a gathering arms race in the Middle East.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...di-Arabia.html

None of which is surprising considering the list below of Savages that you guys propped up and prop up.

Latin America[edit]

Presidents Emílio G. Médici (left) and Richard Nixon, December 1971. A hardliner, Médici sponsored the greatest human rights abuses of Brazil's military regime. During his government, persecution and torture of dissidents, harassment against journalists and press censorship became ubiquitous. A 2014 report by Brazil's National Truth Commission states that the United States was involved with teaching the Brazilian military regime torture techniques.[10]

U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger shaking hands with Augusto Pinochet in 1976.
    Porfirio Díaz (Mexico) (1876–1911)[11][12]
    Institutional Revolutionary Party (Mexico) (1929–2000)[13]
    Juan Vicente Gómez (Venezuela) (1908–35)[14]
    Manuel Estrada Cabrera (Guatemala) (1898–1920)[15]
    Jorge Ubico (Guatemala) (1931–44)[15]
    Fulgencio Batista (Cuba) (1952–59)[16]
    Rafael Trujillo (Dominican Republic) (1930–61)[17]
    Efraín Ríos Montt and the rest of the military junta in Guatemala (1954–86)[18][19]
    Revolutionary Government Junta of El Salvador (1979–82)[20]
    Hugo Banzer (Bolivia) (1971–78)[21]
    National Reorganization Process (Argentina) (1976–83)[22]
    Brazilian military government (1964–85)[10][23]
    Somoza family (Nicaragua) (1936–79)[24]
    François Duvalier (Haiti) (1957–71)[25]
    Jean-Claude Duvalier (Haiti) (1971–86)[25]
    Omar Torrijos (Panama) (1968–81)[26]
    Manuel Noriega (Panama) (1983–89)[26]
    Alfredo Stroessner (Paraguay) (1954–89)[27]
    Augusto Pinochet (Chile) (1973–90)[28]
    Asia[edit]

Current president Barack Obama and First Lady with Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow of Turkmenistan, September 2009, one of the most repressive regimes in the world,[29] supported with millions of dollars in military aid.[30]
    File:Shakinghands high.OGG
    Middle East special envoy Donald Rumsfeld meeting Saddam Hussein on 19–20 December 1983.
    Syngman Rhee (South Korea) (1948–60)[31]
    Park Chung-hee (South Korea) (1961–79)[32]
    Chun Doo-Hwan (South Korea) (1979–88)[33]
    Ngo Dinh Diem (South Vietnam) (1955–63)[34]
    Lon Nol (Cambodia) (1970–75)[35]
    Yahya Khan (Pakistan) (1971)[36][37]
    Mohammad Reza Pahlavi (Iran) (1941–79)[38][39]
    Ferdinand Marcos (Philippines) (1965–86)[40][41]
    Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq (Pakistan) (1978–88)[42]
    Saddam Hussein (Iraq) (1982–90)[43]
    Suharto (Indonesia) (1967–98)[44]
    Truong Tan Sang (Vietnam) (2011–present)[45]
    Islam Karimov (Uzbekistan) (1990–present)[45]
    Pervez Musharraf (Pakistan) (1999–2008)[46]
    Ali Abdullah Saleh (Yemen) (1990–2012)[47]
    Emomalii Rahmon (Tajikistan) (1994–present)[45]
    Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow (Turkmenistan) (2006–present)[45]
    House of Saud (Saudi Arabia) (1945–present)[48][49][50]
    Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa (Bahrain) (1999–present)[51]
    Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani (Qatar) (1995-2013)[52]
    Qaboos bin Said al Said (Oman)[50]
    Africa

Mobutu Sese Seko and Richard Nixon in Washington, D.C., 1973.
    King Hassan II, predecessors and successors (Morocco) (1777–present)[53]
    Gaafar Nimeiry (Sudan) (1969–85)[54]
    Samuel Doe (Liberia) (1980–90)[55]
    Apartheid South Africa (1948–94)[56]
    Meles Zenawi (Ethiopia) (1991–2012)[45]
    Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo (Equatorial Guinea) (1979–present)[45]
    Mobutu Sese Seko (Democratic Republic of the Congo) (1965–97)[57][58]
    Hissène Habré (Chad) (1982–90)[59]
    Hosni Mubarak (Egypt) (1981-2011)[60]
    Idriss Déby (Chad) (1990–present)[61]
    Yoweri Museveni (Uganda) (1986–present)[62]
    Zine El Abidine Ben Ali (Tunisia) (1987–2010) [63]
    Paul Kagame (Rwanda) (2000–present)[64]
    Europe[edit]
    Francisco Franco (Francoist Spain) (supported from 1959 to 1975).[65]
    Greek military junta of 1967–74[66]
    António de Oliveira Salazar (Portugal) (from 1932 to 1975)[67]
    Turkish millitary junta (Turkey)(1980-1991)[68]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States

What kind of people support or supported the list of authoritarian regimes above while pretending they care about human rights. Supreme hypocrites, that's who.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaadi View Post
    I'm not here to give my best, just my opinion on political matters and thread subject material. The Hypocrisy of Saudi Arabia is facilitated by the blind eye turned to its behaviour by the all powerful one.

The issue is one of the Saudis being hypocrites, big swing, everyone knows what the Saudis are, they don't claim to be champions of freedom, everyone knows what they've been spreading and who's been supporting their behaviour ( you guys ) and who's been ignoring them ( everyone ).

Ireland is a small unimportant country under the EU whip. The majority in Ireland prefer not to cause harm to others and to be supportive of non violent solutions. There are a substantial number of Irish people who are sympathetic to Israel, they even have pro Israel marches. As is anyone's want, people can pick the issues they choose to be exercised about. The image below represents the vicious Colonisation of another people's land, paid for by the US chequebook which Israel is reliant on.

People engaged in a conflict behave in ways that reflect the damaged psychology of people living in a tit for tat bubble which warps their thought process compared to those who live without conflict. In Israel's case I would put the primary blame for their behaviour on their enablers the USA.

That Israeli expansion is achievable militarily, the problem for Israel lies in pushing things too far. If an overstreched Israel comes up against an ISIS type foe then it could begin to fall, if it feels it is going to fall then it will fire nukes, no doubt about it. In a world where Palestine no longer exists, the Extreme Islamists with their finger on possible Saudi or other Gulf Nukes at that stage may say to hell with you and nuke Israel so that no one gets to keep Palestine. You guys have fired military hardware at the Saudis and Israelis and cowered away from discussions on holding these countries Nuclear War ambitions to scrutiny.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-24823846

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...di-Arabia.html

None of which is surprising considering the list below of Savages that you guys propped up and prop up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States

What kind of people support or supported the list of authoritarian regimes above while pretending they care about human rights. Supreme hypocrites, that's who.

Je suis Shaadi!

you know i respect your opinion? eh? very much so.

but I do not want to discuss Israel - not with you nor with anyone in this forum really (I was being sarcastic the other day which is also not me as I avoid sarcasm online at all costs - maybe i have been using this too much?)

if you wish me to make it very clear to you and to the rest of the audience here why that is click the pic below. And this is the last I say about Israel/Palestine here (i hope).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jan1942nrJewsEuropePt(NaziPartyEstimate).jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	901
    (this is the Nazi Party estimate of the number of Jews in Europe in 1942 by Country).

also we are off topic which i usually love but gives mods reason to kick us out.

Shaadi: Ireland is a small unimportant country under the EU whip. The majority in Ireland prefer not to cause harm to others and to be supportive of non violent solutions.
    true Ireland is a small country but is not unimportant as you guys are few but you are g-d damned noisy.

what I was trying to say was: go ahead and feel free to turn your attention to other equally relevant human rights abuses that could also use a hand.

Genuine question here ; oil is in free fall so why don't the EU and USA just abandon the gulf dictators? Or are they in that process now already?

FWIW I think a Saudi Arabia with nukes is far more dangerous than Iran would ever be. Another hopelessy failed state is Pakistan , which the west has propped up/poisoned for yonks now.

Je suis Shaadi!

you know i respect your opinion? eh? very much so.

but I do not want to discuss Israel - not with you nor with anyone in this forum really (I was being sarcastic the other day which is also not me as I avoid sarcasm online at all costs - maybe i have been using this too much?)

if you wish me to make it very clear to you and to the rest of the audience here why that is click the pic below. And this is the last I say about Israel/Palestine here (i hope).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jan1942nrJewsEuropePt(NaziPartyEstimate).jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	901
    (this is the Nazi Party estimate of the number of Jews in Europe in 1942 by Country).

also we are off topic which i usually love but gives mods reason to kick us out.

true Ireland is a small country but is not unimportant as you guys are few but you are g-d damned noisy.

what I was trying to say was: go ahead and feel free to turn your attention to other equally relevant human rights abuses that could also use a hand.
    Yeah, no offense taken or intended. I understand your reasons for supporting Israel and also for not wanting to talk about it. Out of respect for you I try not to push your buttons too hard on it and tend to avoid the subject altogether due the pointlessness of discussing such a polarized topic. Also I'm a bit tetchy after last week's right wing festival and quite disgusted at the knee jerk reactions of so many people.

As to us making plenty of noise, that's a good thing, and was not inconsequential in raising the profile of opposition to Apartheid in South Africa. For a country with the population of a large City, our best contribution to a violent World comes not from some negligible contribution to some military alliance but in being as non aligned and pro peace talks as is reasonable.

For those kinds of reasons, there is considerable hostility here towards us toeing the EU-US line on foreign policy.
    Last edited by Shaadi; 18-01-2015 at 08:27 PM.

King Abdullah reported to have died
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

These lads phrase it better than I

Ahlulbayt TV ‏@AhlulbaytTV 13m13 minutes ago

BREAKING | #Saudi regime's tyrant king Abdullah officially declared dead.
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Saudi's new ruler is Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz al Saud who is 79

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    Saudi's new ruler is Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz al Saud who is 79
    he is not well

Salman has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, and at many times cannot remember his own name.
    http://english.al-akhbar.com/node/14850

So who decides when flags on government buildings are flown at half mast?

Flags on some State buildings in Ireland are being flown at half mast today, as a mark of respect, following the death of King Abdullah of Saudi ArabiaThe gesture has been observed on only some State buildings due to the short notice given of the funeral.
    Normally the flag is flown at half mast on the day of the deceased's funeral and in the Islamic rites a person should be buried before sundown on the day of their death - thus the short notice
    A spokesman said as far as he was aware the flags on Government buildings, the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Arás an Uachtaráin were being flown at half mast.
    http://m.rte.ie/news/2015/0123/675039-saudi-arabia/

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyJoe View Post
    So who decides when flags on government buildings are flown at half mast?

http://m.rte.ie/news/2015/0123/675039-saudi-arabia/
    Apparently this was at the direction of that odious far-right poppy-wearing WestBrit scumbag Charlie Flanagan. It really is long past time that entire disgusting shower of traitors and shameless hoors in Leinster House were taken out and shot. Appalling decision by an appalling government of WingNut anti-national traitors.

Bahrain has announced 40 days mourning for the Saudi despot.

Meanwhile on the streets it's life as usual:

Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Default Hypocrisy of Saudi Arabia

I realise I'm setting myself up for an inflammatory experience here, but for what it's worth, should put it out there; a Saudi woman I know (pretty liberal, postgrad educated) had a reasonable opinion of the late lamented (by some) King; she thought that he had a strong reforming record while still in reasonable health but that a lot of the reforms were of the "sneak it under the religious leaders noses surreptitiously" variety, so the West didn't always get to hear about it.

I cannot say this for sure, but going on the above, I suspect the arrested women drivers and Raif Badawi were victims of Abdullah's increasing frailty, and the religious trying to regain a stranglehold as a result.

I think we need to bear in mind that faced with the might of the Wahhabi hierarchy, all reform out there will be slow and patchy. Any attempts in that direction should be welcomed, though.
    Abdullah did set up university places for women, and his government did fund female postgrad places for Saudis abroad, so they could come home with PhDs and teach. For that alone, I would thank him.

That actually, is a very clever subversive move; I'm sure he realised fourth level educated women are unlikely to go back in their boxes too easily. But the hierarchy might not have copped onto this, yet. But think about it; my acquaintance had 3 sons. Is she going to bring them up to think women are stupid?? Don't think so!
    Last edited by morticia; 24-01-2015 at 11:19 AM.
    "The floggings will continue until morale improves "

“It is very clear from the historical record that without British help neither Wahhabism nor the House of Saud would be in existence today. Wahhabism is a British-inspired fundamentalist movement in Islam. Through its defense of the House of Saud, the US also supports Wahhabism directly and indirectly regardless of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. Wahhabism is violent, right wing, ultra-conservative, rigid, extremist, reactionary, sexist, and intolerant…”
    http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/01/...nIjnt0.twitter
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Nearly spewed up my fried eggs, tae and cheddar after reading about the Irish State mourning this murdering feckers death.

Good riddance and good riddance to the mentalers still running the asylum at home. May they lose their seats, have a SF govt go after their pension pots, and die screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    Inclined to agree with that. It's amazing how much the British Empire is at the bottom of.
    "The floggings will continue until morale improves "

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast