Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Red Terror of 1918

Default Re: The Red Terror of 1918

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    And this from the tr0ll who was calling for a "bloodthirsty mob" to throw the Fianna Fáil government to "torches and pitchforks"? You're a real p***er.

I did provide sources for every fact I pointed out here.
    Not at all unreasonable given the mood at the time. There should have been some public reaction at least.

Sadly no, many of your posts and pictures are unlinked and unsourced until prompted several times we may get 1 source but not for everything you post and nowhere near everything you claim.

I accept your point on my own partial trolling back then. But I always link what I claim. Calling for tarring, feathering and some pitchforks does not require a source. Calling someone a genocidal maniac about something that by and large happened several years after they died generally does.

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    Calling someone a genocidal maniac about something that by and large happened several years after they died generally does.
    Red Terror did not happen "several years" after Lenin's death, it was his brainchild. Lenin did indeed shed the blood of a great many Ukrainians. The first thing Lenin did was to crush the Ukrainian anarchist movement. (a brief summary here)
    Last edited by TotalMayhem; 29-09-2014 at 11:47 PM.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Not at all unreasonable given the mood at the time. There should have been some public reaction at least.
    Well, there certainly was "some public reaction" in Ukraine: they have run their corrupt government out of town on a rail, something the Irish people failed to do. Now the Irish are being hailed as pencil revolutionaries who in turn smear the Ukrainians as fascist neo-Nazi hordes in the service of the US/EU/NATO/IMF. They should be ashamed of themselves. Maybe it's just the envy of notorious underachievers, who knows?
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Calling someone a genocidal maniac about something that by and large happened several years after they died generally does.
    We can judge the leading protagonists of the Red Terror by their own words.

Lenin himself admitted, “We did not hesitate to shoot thousands of people, and we shall not hesitate, and we shall save the country.” Lenin in his bloodthirsty rage did not care if he had to slaughter a hundred million people: "May 90 per cent of the Russian people perish if 10 per cent will experience the world revolution!"

And Trotsky, who wanted the opposition "shot like partridges", said, "The enemy needs to be rendered harmless. And in time of war that means that the enemy needs to be destroyed. To which end the most potent weapon is terrorism. To deny its power is to be a dissimulating hypocrite."

For Bukharin, the Red Terror was a means to create the Bolshevik Ubermensch: "Usage of force in all its forms, from executions downwards, is the only method which can enable the proletariat to evolve Communist Man from the human material of the present Capitalist epoch."

And the Bolshies in their mindboggling ignorance wonder why people rejoyce over the toppling of Lenin statues...
    Last edited by TotalMayhem; 30-09-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Default Re: Crisis in the Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Worth a thread of its own and not on topic inthe contemporary thread.
    I see you have also deleted the thread I have started in OT regarding the events in Hong Kong.

For three days in a row there are up to 80,000 students rioting in the city's financial district. I understand your wish to shield this precious place from discussing such outrageous anti-Communist protests hence I did post it in OT. I only wanted to beat SL to the "conclusion" that "fascist Western imperialists " are behind it. But guess what? Russian state TV have now identified the US & UK as the driving force behind the unrest and the student leaders are trained by the CIA. Told you, Nazi-America is waging war against poor China.

I see you have also deleted the thread I have started in OT regarding the events in Hong Kong.
    Your thread was removed because it was not a serious thread. It had some ridiculously misleading title and OP about Nazi students running riot in Hong Kong. If you want to start a serious tread about the events go right ahead.

For three days in a row there are up to 80,000 students rioting in the city's financial district. I understand your wish to shield this precious place from discussing such outrageous anti-Communist protests hence I did post it in OT. I only wanted to beat SL to the "conclusion" that "fascist Western imperialists " are behind it. But guess what? Russian state TV have now identified the US & UK as the driving force behind the unrest and the student leaders are trained by the CIA. Told you, Nazi-America is waging war against poor China.
    The protests are not "anti-communist" because there is no communism in China. Any assertion to the contrary is just laughable.

And with regard to the American government "waging war against poor China" this is obvious to even the most blind. The American government is determined that there will be no threat to its global hegemony from any other power .. particularly China. Hence the famous "pivot to the East". You are the probably the only person on the planet who thinks the US is encircling the place militarily out of a gesture of goodwill.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    The protests are not "anti-communist" because there is no communism in China. Any assertion to the contrary is just laughable.
    Ah, no communism in China? That is indeed news to me. I thought the Communist Party of China is ruling-or shall we say, terrorising) the country.

But since this thread is about Communist atrocities, let me remind you that Stalin is only a distant runner-up to Mao in the mass-murder stakes.

Out of context is right.

The sentiments of White General Lavr Kornilov show the feelings at that time when the country was disintegrating.

"The greater the terror, the greater our victories." He vowed that the goals of his forces must be fulfilled even if it was needed "to set fire to half the country and shed the blood of three-quarters of all Russians." (Arno Mayer; The Furies: Violence and Terror in the French and Russian Revolutions (2002).
    Sss-hh. Don’t mention the lack of sovereignty in the Irish state.
    The acknowledgement of the 1916 Rising by the Establishment and its nauseating, craven lackeys is simply a political convenience devoid of any real meaning!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12