Page 55 of 178 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, Al Shabab etc. etc. - Where did they come from, where are they going ?

Default Re: Who runs Al Qaeda and What is It?

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Why do you think that the CIA and M15 have been engineering coups, and the US invading, Middle Eastern countries, one after the other ?
    For the same reason they have organised a demonstration in Moscow .... today...... World domination by the USA
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

Quote Originally Posted by riposte View Post
    For the same reason they have organised a demonstration in Moscow .... today...... World domination by the USA
    Well, that is two things we agree on.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

I wish you luck in explaining that to the Saudis.
    Westernised Muslims.
    Happiness is an inside job.

I was reading over some old articles and found this titled ''order out of chaos.'' [Aug 2014] The Global Plan For A ''Middle Eastern Union.''

Quote....As the President of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) and Former Director of Policy Planning at the State Department, Richard Hass, wrote in an Op Ed for Project Syndicate last month:

“It is time to recognize the inevitability of Iraq’s break-up (the country is now more a vehicle for Iran’s influence than a bulwark against it) and bolster an independent Kurdistan within Iraq’s former borders.”

“Iraq, rich in oil on the one hand and internally torn on the other, is guaranteed as a candidate for Israel’s targets. Its dissolution is even more important for us than that of Syria. Iraq is stronger than Syria. In the short run it is Iraqi power which constitutes the greatest threat to Israel (p.12)……….The dissolution of Syria and Iraq later on into ethnically or religiously unique areas such as in Lebanon, is Israel’s primary target on the Eastern front in the long run, while the dissolution of the military power of those states serves as the primary short term target.” (p.11.)

Yinon continues:

“In Iraq, a division into provinces along ethnic/religious lines as in Syria during Ottoman times is possible. So, three (or more) states will exist around the three major cities: Basra, Baghdad and Mosul, and Shi’ite areas in the south will separate from the Sunni and Kurdish north.”(p.12) unquote. http://www.globalresearch.ca/order-o...-union/5396518

It's like a game of chess is'nt it?

Default Re: ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, Al Shabab etc. etc. - Where did they come from, where are they going ?

Interview with Professor Francis Boyle.

Slow start, but after a while he gets into a roll.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2b...s-a-boyle_news

When asked, at the end, he says that he believes that ISIS is a covert US operation. Mentions that Rand Paul has said the same thing to him.

A senior Defense Department official announced Tuesday that the military has sent 130 advisers to northern Iraq to plan for the evacuation of refugees under siege by IS militants.

Boyle stressed that there was no authorization from the Congress to go to war against Iraq.
    “The argument by the Obama Administration was that they had the consent of the Iraqi government. However, that's not an excuse as he doesn't have the consent of the US Congress that represents the American people, and second, there is no government in Iraq," he said, noting that the US government installed Nouti Malaki as its puppet and now replaced him with a new one.

"Obama has clearly violated the War Powers Clause in the Constitution as well as the War Powers Resolution, and these are both impeachable offenses," the professor concluded.

Last edited by C. Flower; 01-03-2015 at 11:14 PM.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by Trow View Post
    I was reading over some old articles and found this titled ''order out of chaos.'' [Aug 2014] The Global Plan For A ''Middle Eastern Union.''

Quote....As the President of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) and Former Director of Policy Planning at the State Department, Richard Hass, wrote in an Op Ed for Project Syndicate last month:

“It is time to recognize the inevitability of Iraq’s break-up (the country is now more a vehicle for Iran’s influence than a bulwark against it) and bolster an independent Kurdistan within Iraq’s former borders.”

“Iraq, rich in oil on the one hand and internally torn on the other, is guaranteed as a candidate for Israel’s targets. Its dissolution is even more important for us than that of Syria. Iraq is stronger than Syria. In the short run it is Iraqi power which constitutes the greatest threat to Israel (p.12)……….The dissolution of Syria and Iraq later on into ethnically or religiously unique areas such as in Lebanon, is Israel’s primary target on the Eastern front in the long run, while the dissolution of the military power of those states serves as the primary short term target.” (p.11.)

Yinon continues:

“In Iraq, a division into provinces along ethnic/religious lines as in Syria during Ottoman times is possible. So, three (or more) states will exist around the three major cities: Basra, Baghdad and Mosul, and Shi’ite areas in the south will separate from the Sunni and Kurdish north.”(p.12) unquote. http://www.globalresearch.ca/order-o...-union/5396518

The Haas article is pretty jaw dropping stuff.

Nowhere does he mention that he was actively involved in creating this ongoing tragic mayhem.

"The middle east is a condition to be managed"

He can live with that.

https://www.project-syndicate.org/co...-to-be-managed

And this is the man who is sent to Ireland to tell us how to live in peace.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

The Haas article is pretty jaw dropping stuff.

Nowhere does he mention that he was actively involved in creating this ongoing tragic mayhem.

"The middle east is a condition to be managed"

He can live with that.

https://www.project-syndicate.org/co...-to-be-managed

And this is the man who is sent to Ireland to tell us how to live in peace.
    I think what he was saying in Aug 2014 had already been pre-planned before the invasion of Iraq.....or 9/11. Like in chess, as i said earlier, strategic forward planning.
    Create a vacuum, fill it.....as popular war advances, peace is closer. [loaned that from the lyrics of a G ''N'' R's song]

Note the developments in the hunt for ''Jihadi John.'' the star villain in this video show that has been ISIS thus far. Watch how ''the heroes'' [or so the West likes to portray itself] take him out. They'll mass feed it to the media and try to sell it to the masses as some sort of ''mission accomplished'' A distraction to sucker the audience..... just like the movies. They done the same with Bin Laden, Saddam and others.

Behind the scenes, we won't see or hear the screams of innocent men, women and children. Sure ''Jihadi John'' done his bit to scare away the journalists. And i doubt if there'll be a wikileaks.

Interesting the points laid out for impeachment of Obama......so far it looks like the show must go on in this ''Theater of War.''
    Last edited by Trow; 02-03-2015 at 04:18 PM.

I think what he was saying in Aug 2014 had already been pre-planned before the invasion of Iraq.....or 9/11. Like in chess, as i said earlier, strategic forward planning.
    Create a vacuum, fill it.....as popular war advances, peace is closer.

Note the developments in the hunt for ''Jihadi John.'' the star villain in this video show that has been ISIS thus far. Watch how ''the heroes'' [or so the West likes to portray itself] take him out. They'll mass feed it to the media and try to sell it to the masses as some sort of ''mission accomplished'' A distraction to sucker the audience..... just like the movies. They done the same with Bin Laden, Saddam and others.

Behind the scenes, we won't see or hear the screams of innocent men, women and children. Sure ''Jihadi John'' done his bit to scare away the journalists. And i doubt if there'll be a wikileaks.

Interesting the points laid out for impeachment of Obama......so far it looks like the show must go on in this ''Theater of War.''
    He certainly has.

Law doesn't come it to this much, it is brute power, but the American lawyer is right to pursue it for all he can, to expose the illegality.

The British beheader's story is very murky. Years of contact with the security services, just like the Boston Bombers and the shoe bomber.

A British man identified in reports as the Islamic State (IS) executioner known as “Jihadi John” feared he was a “dead man walking” after run-ins with security services before fleeing to Syria to begin his reign of terror, email exchanges with a journalist have claimed.

Computer programming graduate Mohammed Emwazi said he considered suicide after coming face to face with what he suspected to be a British spook as he attempted to sell a laptop computer in 2010.
    In an email exchange with the Mail on Sunday (MoS) at the time, Emwazi described how he became suspicious of the mystery buyer after they met.

He told the MoS’s security editor Robert Verkaik he felt harassed by security services, in a series of emails in 2010, three years before he left to join IS, saying: “Sometimes I feel like a dead man walking, not fearing they (MI5) may kill me.

“Rather, fearing that one day, I’ll take as many pills as I can so that I will sleep for ever! I just want to get away from these people!”
    It comes as British security services face pressure over accusations of failing to keep track of potential terror suspects and forcing desperate British Muslims into the clutches of Islamic extremist groups.
    Home Secretary Theresa May rallied to the defence of the UK’s security and intelligence services, calling them “true heroes”, following claims on Thursday by campaign group Cage that MI5 drove Emwazi to extremism.
    The University of Westminster has also hit back at claims it is a fertile breeding ground for Islamic fundamentalism as arguments rage about who is to blame over Jihadi John.
    Kuwait-born Londoner Emwazi had been pinpointed as a potential terrorist by the British authorities but was nonetheless able to travel to Syria in 2013 and join a group responsible for the murder of several Western hostages.
    Last edited by C. Flower; 02-03-2015 at 04:23 PM.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Default Re: ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, Al Shabab etc. etc. - Where did they come from, where are they going ?

More arms have "fallen into the hands of " Al Nura / ISIS from the US.

If these people can use advanced US weaponry, who trained them to do it ?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/syria-us-ar...eapons-1490075
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

He certainly has.

Law doesn't come it to this much, it is brute power, but the American lawyer is right to pursue it for all he can, to expose the illegality.

The British beheader's story is very murky. Years of contact with the security services, just like the Boston Bombers and the shoe bomber.
    It's possible to get a flavour of what that is like, from this American guy who found himself on an FBI watch list.

This guy --- spoke in Dublin at the Science Gallery in Dublin a week ago. He describes what it is like to be on the watch list and interrogated, questioned, disbelieved and implicitly threatened for month after month.
    Parts of his experience may have been similar to those of the alleged beheader from London with M15. It is easy to see how intimidated, disoriented and powerless a person might feel, and ultimately how their behaviour might be manipulated.

Hasan Elawi's reaction was very different.
    Opinion

You Want to Track Me? Here You Go, F.B.I.

Hasan M. Elahi

By HASAN M. ELAHI

ON June 19, 2002, I ran into a bit of a problem that turned my life upside down. It happened at the Detroit airport as I was entering the country. I realized something wasn’t right when the immigration agent at United States Customs slid my passport through the reader, then froze. “Is there something wrong?” I asked. He was still frozen. After a few moments, he said, “Follow me, please,” and I ended up at the Immigration and Naturalization Service’s airport office.

It was a large room filled with foreign-looking people, and fear was written on all their faces; this was their first day in the United States, and things were evidently not going well. Typically, there is little overlap between the I.N.S. and American citizens like me, and when I tried to find out from one of the agents what I was doing there, he seemed just as confused as I was.
    Eventually, a man in a dark suit approached and said, “I expected you to be older.” I asked if he could please explain what was happening, and he said, “You have some explaining to do yourself.”
    We then entered an interrogation room, barren and stark white with a camera in the corner. He sat across from me at an L-shaped desk and asked me to retrace the path I’d taken since I had left the United States. He asked me various detailed questions for a good half hour and then, out of nowhere, said, “Where were you September 12?”
    Fortunately, I’m neurotic about record keeping. I had my Palm P.D.A. with me; I looked up Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2001 on my calendar. I read him the contents: “pay storage rent at 10; meeting with Judith at 10:30; intro class from 12 to 3; advanced class from 3 to 6.” We read about six months of my calendar appointments. I don’t think he was expecting me to have such detailed records.
    He continued, “You had a storage unit in Tampa, right?”
    “Yes, near the university.”
    “What did you have in it?”
    “Boxes of winter clothes, furniture I can’t fit in my apartment, some assorted junk and garage sale material.”
    “No explosives?”
    “I’m certain I didn’t have any explosives.”
    “Well, we received a report that you had explosives and had fled on September 12.”
    Given that I was very cooperative, and also had meticulous records that showed what I did when, I think he began to realize that whatever report he had was erroneous.
    A few weeks later, a Justice Department official called my office in Tampa and said he wanted to speak to me about my interview in Detroit. He asked me to come to the Federal Building downtown, where he led me into a room where he and an F.B.I. agent interrogated me about where I’d been and when, and had I witnessed acts that might be detrimental to the interests of the United States or a foreign country, and had I ever met anyone from Al Qaeda, Islamic Jihad, Hamas or Hezbollah. The F.B.I. agent seemed to know quite remarkable details about things like the regular versus the Hezbollah bus routes in Beirut, and the person memorialized in the statue at the entrance of the American University there. His knowledge frightened me.
    I COULD have contested the legality of the investigation and gotten a lawyer. But I thought that would make things messier. It was clear who had the power in this situation. And when you’re face to face with someone with so much power, you behave in an unusual manner. You dare not take any action. You rely on instincts and do what you need to survive. I told them everything.
    The questioning went on for the next six months and ended with a series of polygraph examinations. I must have completed these to the agents’ satisfaction; eventually an interrogating agent told me that I had been cleared and that everything was fine and said that if I needed anything I should call him. I was planning to travel in the weeks ahead and was nervous about entering the country; I asked the agent about this, and he told me to call him with the information about my flights and said he would take care of everything.
    Shortly after, I called the F.B.I. to report my whereabouts. I chose to. I wanted to make sure that the bureau knew that I wasn’t making any sudden moves and that I wasn’t running off somewhere. I wanted them to know where I was and what I was doing at any given time.
    Soon I began to e-mail the F.B.I. I started to send longer e-mails, with pictures, and then with links to Web sites I made. I wrote some clunky code for my phone back in 2003 and turned it into a tracking device.
    My thinking was something like, “You want to watch me? Fine. But I can watch myself better than you can, and I can get a level of detail that you will never have.”
    In the process of compiling data about myself and supplying it to the F.B.I., I started thinking about what intelligence agents might not know about me. I created a list of every flight I’ve ever been on, since birth. For the more recent flights, I noted the exact flight numbers, recorded in my frequent flier accounts, and also photographs of the meals that I ate on each flight, as well as photos of each knife provided by each airline on each flight.
    On my Web site, I compiled various databases that show the airports I’ve been in, food I’ve eaten at home, food I’ve eaten on the road, random hotel beds I’ve slept in, various parking lots off Interstate 80 that I parked in, empty train stations I saw, as well as very specific information like photos of the tacos I ate in Mexico City between July 5 and 7, and the toilets I used.
    These images seem empty, and could be anywhere, but they’re not; they are extremely specific records of my exact travels to particular places. There are 46,000 images on my site. I trust that the F.B.I. has seen all of them. Agents know where I’ve bought my duck-flavored paste, or kimchi, laundry detergent and chitlins; because I told them everything.
    I also provided screenshots of my financial data, communications records and transportation logs. Visitors to my site can cross-reference these records with my images in a way that’s similar to how the F.B.I. cross-references the very same databases. I provided information from third parties (including my bank, phone company, etc.) who can verify that I was at the locations indicated, on the dates and times specified on my Web site.
    PEOPLE who visit my site — and my server logs indicate repeat visits from the Department of Homeland Security, the C.I.A., the National Reconnaissance Office and the Executive Office of the President — don’t find my information organized clearly. In fact, the interface I use is deliberately user-unfriendly. A lot of work is required to thread together the thousands of available points of information. By putting everything about me out there, I am simultaneously telling everything and nothing about my life. Despite the barrage of information about me that is publicly available, I live a surprisingly private and anonymous life.
    In an era in which everything is archived and tracked, the best way to maintain privacy may be to give it up. Information agencies operate in an industry that values data. Restricted access to information is what makes it valuable. If I cut out the middleman and flood the market with my information, the intelligence the F.B.I. has on me will be of no value. Making my private information public devalues the currency of the information the intelligence gatherers have collected.
    My activities may be more symbolic than not, but if 300 million people started sending private information to federal agents, the government would need to hire as many as another 300 million people, possibly more, to keep up with the information and we’d have to redesign our entire intelligence system.
    East Germany tried this some decades back; it didn’t work out to be such a great plan for them. We have incredibly intelligent people and very sophisticated computer systems in various agencies in Washington, but the culture of these agencies prevents us from evolving beyond the cold-war-era mind-set. (There are people in Washington who still refer to China as “Red China.”) Fortunately, people in government have begun to see that collecting information is less useful than figuring out how to analyze it.
    When I first started talking about my project in 2003, people thought I was insane. Why would anyone tell everyone what he was doing at all times? Why would anyone want to share a photo of every place he visited? Now eight years later, more than 800 million people do the same thing I’ve been doing each time they update their status or post an image or poke someone on Facebook. (Just to put this in perspective, if Facebook was a country, it would have the third highest population, after China and India.) Insane?
    What I’m doing is no longer just an art project; creating our own archives has become so commonplace that we’re all — or at least hundreds of millions of us — doing it all the time. Whether we know it or not.

Hasan M. Elahi is an associate professor and an interdisciplinary artist at the University of Maryland.

— Jean-Paul Sartre

While the Iraqi assault on ISIS in Tikrit is on, ISIS, outside Tikrit, is reportedly using bulldozers to destroy the archaeological site at Nimrod, constructed 1300 AD.

As an Iraqi archaeologist said, it is the fact that we know our history that differentiates us from animals. Destruction of Iraqi cultural artefacts has been a feature of life ever since the US invasion, when museums were stripped and looted while US soldiers looked on.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Yinon continues:

The US is truly a sociopathic entity.

Since ISIS appeared on the scene it is hard not to notice how much of their own propaganda, and more so stories about them, are tailored so perfectly for Western eyes and fears. What is more striking though as time goes on is just how many 'Isis did a thing' stories turn out to be fake. I don't mean that the beheadings, massacres or big events are staged, there are enough youtube warriors out trying to disproved that kind of thing. What I mean is the constant stream of daily headlines often feel part of something much bigger, it's all shock shock shock, like internet and media reactions are being tested and studied for effectiveness. What pushes buttons and what doesn't.

Particularly on the middle east, there is an entire industry dedicated to fulfilling Orientalist narratives with fabricated news. These are then lapped up by the neo-cons, racists, Sam Harris types etc. The emergence of ISIS here is real grist to the mill because you can publish the most outlandish claims with full confidence that it will be shared in the mainstream and all over for a few days without question. Too often now, the truth emerges a week later but never to the same attention. With ISIS there is something for everyone and you can target different markets for niche outrage because common variety genocide on its own just doesn't interest people, does it. The 'running off to join ISIS' stuff coming out now is new departure in the long established panic around muslim girls, for example.

In the age of ISIS, it would be naive to believe the worlds of PR, clickbait, prejudice, internet tracking and Dail Mail-style outrage have not converged to be developed and used for nefarious ends. Whose ends an other matter.

Some related links

http://pushinghoopswithsticks.com/po...ay-11-year-old

http://fair.org/blog/2015/02/20/top-...-isis-stories/
    Last edited by Dr. FIVE; 06-03-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Yinon continues:

The Haas article is the nearest I've seen to an open declaration of the real US policy for the Middle East, which appears to be for longterm low level war followed by redrawing the map. He seems to be saying: Let ISIS continue its border-dissolving activities, lob a few drones at them, and if and when when good and ready carve new states out of the Middle East.

http://www.project-syndicate.org/com...-to-be-managed
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Just added Dr.FIVE's last post to the PW Blog

https://itsapoliticalworld.wordpress...bricated-news/
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 55 of 178 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast