Page 3 of 174 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, Al Shabab etc. etc. - Where did they come from, where are they going ?

Default Re: Who runs Al Qaeda and What is It?

Al CIAda is a neo-Kitsonian countergang.
    "Do not be misled by the promises of politicians. Remember that the whole history of Ireland is a record of betrayals by politicians and statesmen, and remembering this, spurn their lying promises and stand up for a United Ireland - an Ireland broad based upon the union of Labour and Nationality." - James Connolly.

The US Attorney General has said that there is only an "infinitismal chance that bin Laden will be caught alive".

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/bin...al-450267.html

Someone remind me what that very large army is doing in Afghanistan...
    Last edited by C. Flower; 19-07-2010 at 12:18 PM.

In an interview with David Frost shortly before she was murdered in 2007 Benazir Bhutto said that Bin Laden was murdered.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnychOXj9Tg"]YouTube- Benazir Bhutto: Bin Laden was Murdered[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by MediaBite View Post
    In an interview with David Frost shortly before she was murdered in 2007 Benazir Bhutto said that Bin Laden was murdered.
    Most interesting and a lot of good follow up information here:

http://littlecountrylost.blogspot.co...-murdered.html
    "Do not be misled by the promises of politicians. Remember that the whole history of Ireland is a record of betrayals by politicians and statesmen, and remembering this, spurn their lying promises and stand up for a United Ireland - an Ireland broad based upon the union of Labour and Nationality." - James Connolly.

Quote Originally Posted by C Flower View Post
    The US Attorney General has said that there is only an "infinitisimal chance that bin Laden will be caught alive".

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/bin...al-450267.html

Someone remind me what that very large army is doing in Afghanistan...
    He's of far more use free.

The programmatic first step

"Create a terrifying enemy"

One of the main objectives of war propaganda is to "fabricate an enemy". The "outside enemy" personified by Osama bin Laden is "threatening America".

Pre-emptive war directed against "Islamic terrorists" is required to defend the Homeland. Realities are turned upside down. America is under attack.

In the wake of 9/11, the creation of this "outside enemy" has served to obfuscate the real economic and strategic objectives behind the war in the Middle East and Central Asia. Waged on the grounds of self-defense, the pre-emptive war is upheld as a "just war" with a humanitarian mandate...

Counter-terrorism and war propaganda are intertwined. The propaganda apparatus feeds disinformation into the news chain. The terror warnings must appear to be "genuine". The objective is to present the terror groups as "enemies of America."
    From an interview with Brzezinski:

Brzezinski: According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahideen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, [on] 24 December 1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise. Indeed, it was July 3, 1979, that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the President in which I explained to him that in my opinion, this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention...

Question: And neither do you regret having supported the Islamic fundamentalism, having given arms and advice to future terrorists?

Brzezinski: What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the Cold War? ( "The CIA’s Intervention in Afghanistan, Interview with Zbigniew Brzezinski, President Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser", Le Nouvel Observateur, Paris, 15-21 January 1998, published in English, Centre for Research on Globalisation, http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/BRZ110A.html, 5 October 2001, italics added.)
    Source

On the PK Show at the moment, an interview with a journalist who is saying that most Islamic terrorists come out of movements funded by the British and US.

"The British elite will work with anyone to divide and rule"

He says that Islamists have been boosted to undermine Nationalists who represent the main challenge to British aquisition of oil assets.

Anyone get this guy's name ?

Nasser and pan arab nationalists were a real challenge and threatened to unite arabs. The islamists are used by the UK as "shock troops" at particular times.

In the 1980s and 90s - groups were tolerated in London - "Londistan" - Bin Laden's base was tolerated for four years, for "foreign policy benefits".
    During this time there were bombs going off all over the world - coming from these groups.

The motivation is control over the region's oil. Al Qaeda developed out of British-trained and armed groups.

The Author is Mark Curtis and his book is called "British Collusion with Radical Islam"

His blog is here

http://markcurtis.wordpress.com/

From the blog -

In his ground-breaking new book, Mark Curtis reveals the secret history of British collusion with radical Islamic and terrorist groups. It shows how Labour and Conservative governments have connived with militant groups linked to al-Qaida to control oil resources, overthrow governments and promote Britain’s financial interests. The current terrorist threat to Britain is partly ‘blowback’.
    The story of how Britain has helped to nurture the rise of global terrorism has never been told. Secret Affairs reveals how Britain has covertly supported radical Islamic groups in Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Libya, the Balkans, Syria, Indonesia and Egypt. Drawing on declassified government files, it documents Britain’s hidden strategic alliance with the two major state sponsors of radical Islam – Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. And it shows how British policies of ‘divide of rule’ – rooted in the Empire – have used Islamic forces to promote imperial interests in India, Palestine, Jordan and Yemen. Similar British policies continue today in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
    Mark Curtis shows how British collusion with radical Islam is intimately related to its postwar imperial decline. Expedient and pragmatic, and lacking any moral compass, policy-makers have aimed to counter popular, nationalist forces in a desperate attempt to uphold their power in a changing world.
    Last edited by C. Flower; 19-07-2010 at 12:06 PM.

Bin Laden, surrounded by fake supporters, hired for the day (BBC?)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-hYorNi0nA"]YouTube - BBC now admits al qaeda never existed[/ame]

The good news is that this al-Qaeda does not exist. The bad news is that the threat now facing the world is far more dangerous than any single terrorist leader with an army, however large, of loyal cadres.
    The word itself is critical. "Al-Qaeda" comes from the Arabic root qaf-ayn-dal. It can mean a base, as in a camp or a home, a foundation.......And crucially, it can also mean a precept, rule, principle, maxim, formula, method, model or pattern.
    -Jason Burke, Al-Qaeda (2004)

A good book. Well researched.

I'd imagine Al-Qaeda is more of a mindset than an organisation. It is inconceivable that any network on the scale of that which governments would lead us to believe and I imagine that 'Al Qaeda' is more a spiritual and ideological tendency than a coherent and monolithic terrorist organisation.
    Нооруз пиээ пурылыа выиттыа

'Our goal is to conquer state power for the Irish working class'
    Pat Rabitte, 1987

"Can I ask whether this is what the men of 1916 died for: a bailout from the German chancellor with a few shillings of sympathy from the British chancellor on the side?"
    Michael Noonan, November 2010

One of the funniest things regarding the Al Qaeda myth is that the FBI never bothered to update Osama's profile after 9/11. Though it most certainly has updated the page since then.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/fugitives/laden.htm

Meant to include this article in my last post. It discusses the fact that the FBI have concluded that there's no hard evidence to connect Bin Laden to 9/11.

FBI says, it has “No hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11”

Quote Originally Posted by antiestablishmentarian View Post
    I'd imagine Al-Qaeda is more of a mindset than an organisation. It is inconceivable that any network on the scale of that which governments would lead us to believe and I imagine that 'Al Qaeda' is more a spiritual and ideological tendency than a coherent and monolithic terrorist organisation.
    Exactly. However, it's easier to "manufacture consent" when the enemy is painted as one big bad guy. There's a wonderful documentary called "Nightmares, the Power of Politics", which shows exactly how the U.S. (mainly Rumsfeld) fabricated the real threat of the Soviet Union, and how now it's Osama. It's on Google Video.

I think that anyone who has studied the history of revolutionary or patriotic organisations knows how easy it is for agents of the secret police to infiltrate them or - indeed - start their own groups. In the same way, double agents flourish, and may, for instance, be allowed to assassinate power-figures. It is for this reason that in European states such organisations impose a tough discipline. The brother of one of my wife's ancestors, for instance, was recruited into a physical-force Chartist group, probably by the police agent who betrayed them and got him banged up for armed rebellion. My own ancestors were involved in the March on Newport, the Merthyr Rising and the Rebecca actions but protected by a language the informers didn't speak. People learn for such experiences, I think: don't trust outsiders and keep it in the close community.

It is my opinion, for what it is worth, that major Al Qaeda actions are probably organised by zionists, who have plenty of Arabic speakers and people with Russian secret police training. Insofar as there is action not so organised, I'd guess it reflects the nature of Islam itself - unheirarchical and indeed almost anarchic. That makes it difficult for the Security Services to stop, but without the use of 'terror' to back up the Western war machine and the warfare state, it would normally be too small to matter.
    Gobeithiaw y ddaw ydd wyf.

Page 3 of 174 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast