Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2014

Default Re: World Cup 2014

Uruguay closed that match out well. England couldn't get a sniff of goal after Suárez's killer. Six weeks out and he scores two. Some player, Luis.
    "It is we the workers who built these palaces and cities here in Spain and in America and everywhere. We, the workers, can build others to take their place. And better ones! We are not in the least afraid of ruins. We are going to inherit the earth; there is not the slightest doubt about that. The bourgeoisie might blast and ruin its own world before it leaves the stage of history. We carry a new world here, in our hearts."
    — Buenaventura Durruti

Dramatic and spectacular goal by Ruiz for Costa Rica to take the lead agin' Iddly (in Giles-Speak). Just before half time too. That goal-line technology is great altogether...
    "It is we the workers who built these palaces and cities here in Spain and in America and everywhere. We, the workers, can build others to take their place. And better ones! We are not in the least afraid of ruins. We are going to inherit the earth; there is not the slightest doubt about that. The bourgeoisie might blast and ruin its own world before it leaves the stage of history. We carry a new world here, in our hearts."
    — Buenaventura Durruti

Costa Rica should have gotten the penalty. Might get nasty in the second half, there was a scuffle in the tunnel already.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

hmmmmmm

is england out yet?

England only has a chance if Italy beats Costa Rica AND Urugay.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

there's hope then?

Right now, Italy is losing to Costa Rica.

Dublin North-West - the leading constituency!

Costa Rica well worth their lead at the moment. Italy started the second half with more urgency but, and I find this an odd thing to say about a team with Andrea Pirlo in it, Italy have become devoid of ideas, creativity and imagination.

Not too shabby, Costa Rica. Two former world champions beaten, a third sent home.

Magnificent team display from Costa Rica. Knowing Suárez is out there means that the two big European footballing nations could well be the losers here. Historic. And fully merited. Nobody will want to meet Costa Rica in the knockout stages that's for sure.

What with what's going on in Scotland this summer, it could be an amazing summer for the wee countries out there yet!
    — Buenaventura Durruti

Thanks to Costa Rica, Italy v Uruguay is going to be a cracker.

will watch that one for sure (Ita v Uru)

suppose thats it for England then

on to check how the french are doing

The French were quite brilliant against Switzerland, unrecognisable from the French squad who disgraced themselves in South Africa four years ago. They were aided in part by some suicidal Swiss defending but they comprehensively dismantled Switzerland and will take some beating.

Iran did an amazing job of frustrating Argentina for an hour and a half. Then up pops Messi. 1-0.

Ok ...is Ghana winning the game v Germany ??

2-2 at the moment really exciting
    Last edited by random new yorker; 21-06-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast