Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Guerin Report released- Update- Commission of Investigation established- Barrett prevents Dail debate

Default Re: Guerin Report released- Update- Commission of Investigation established- Barrett prevents Dail debate

Yea, corrupt to the core, and now going to get turning up money and holliers money.... you couldn't make it up.

Default Re: Guerin Report released- Update- Commission of Investigation established- Barrett prevents Dail debate

A bad week for tribunals and ad hoc judicial enquiries

Alan Shatter is looking for an apology from Enda Kenny, and for the Dail record to be changed, following the Court of Appeal ruling that he acted properly.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime...ions-1.2995168

For a report to be issued without interview of Shatter was as I said at the time ludicrous.

Kenny's judgement over this and Callinan was trashy.

I'm not sure that the Devine Report on the "Grace" case is much better - it seems to me that a very worthy staff member may have been maligned.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Shatter on Sean O'Rourke show

'The unfortunate reality is that in some areas, the Taoiseach has a casual relationship with the truth' Alan Shatter

'Of course I was, I was put under pressure' Alan Shatter tells #TodaySOR that he was sacked by an Taoiseach Enda Kenny

'The message from Enda Kenny was that I will not be able to express confidence in you and quite clearly the message was I should resign'
    https://twitter.com/TodaySOR
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    Shatter on Sean O'Rourke show

https://twitter.com/TodaySOR
    He also gave a view on the illegal and unconstitutional sacking of Callinan for reasons of political expediency.

We should be grateful to Shatter. Maybe Taoisigh will think twice before breaking the law in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    He also gave a view on the illegal and unconstitutional sacking of Callinan for reasons of political expediency.

We should be grateful to Shatter. Maybe Taoisigh will think twice before breaking the law in future.
    The timing of this is interesting. Where do Coveney and Varadkar stand on any of this ?

What did Shatter say re Callinan ?

Tempting and all though it is to feel anything goes/went when it came to dealings with himself and with Shatter, junking constitutional protections is always a bad move.
    Last edited by C. Flower; 03-03-2017 at 04:36 PM.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Listen to the whole Shatter interview - downloadable.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/today-with-...urke/podcasts/
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    The timing of this is interesting. Where do Coveney and Varadkar stand on any of this ?

What did Shatter say re Callinan ?

Tempting and all though it is to feel anything goes/went when it came to dealings with himself and with Shatter, junking constitutional protections is always a bad move.
    Shatter was a scapegoat.

As far as I can see the only law he may have broken was Data Protection Law with the Wallace issue. Of course I say 'may' as I know he will probably read this at some stage. The people that brought him down in an unconstitutional manner will be sorry imo. He timed it perfectly from a revenge point of view, with the week that's in it.

Bad week?? Yes, for the families of the Tuam babies, and for the people of Ireland.

Who gives a F about Shatter, just another incompetent and in the pocket of the guards.

The point is not allowing the Taoiseach to just disregard the Constitution when it suits him.

He thinks he can just sack who he likes i.e. Callinan and Shatter to save his own neck.

He can't. It's illegal.

I don't like Shatter's personality at times but he is right that this could happen to any TD or any Garda Commissioner in any future govt if a similarly authoritarian Taoiseach were to be in place.

The Bunreacht is there for a reason.

If we just allow this and don't highlight it, we will be back to the days of the likes of Haughey sacking whoever suits him and it just makes a joke of democracy, fair procedures, and any concept of Republicanism.

Hopefully you are right, we have a constitution. However, the guards have the dirt on the pols, like Hoover had in the FBI.

Ask yourself, why did the McCabe business take so long to be dragged kicking and screaming into the vague light of an enquiry?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345