Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Homeless in Ireland - Ireland's Housing Crisis

Default Re: Homeless in Ireland - Ireland's Housing Crisis

A 'Stop Slumlords' protest yesterday in Temple Bar, which resulted in a temporary occupation of 'Spencer Accommodation Management' office there. No media coverage outside facebook . https://www.facebook.com/events/2376...tab=discussion .
    More at DCHA https://www.facebook.com/dublincentralhousingaction/
    And more on Slumlords in general from a related Blog https://slumleaks.wordpress.com/

"right wing rant" isn't that the policy of FG? implicity backed by FF. It will be interesting to see if FF support SF's motion.

A homeless mother-of-seven who stayed overnight in Tallaght Garda station last week with six of her children will remain in temporary emergency accommodation provided for by the Inner City Helping Homeless (ICHH) group.

Margaret Cash (28), a member of the Traveller community, and six of her children – aged between one and 11 – stayed at the station on Wednesday after emergency homeless services were unable to find suitable accommodation for them for the night.

Ms Cash, originally from Tallaght, circulated pictures of her children sleeping on seats in the station on social media.

Ms Cash was provided with temporary emergency accommodation by the ICHH group on Thursday and was due to leave this accommodation on Monday.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soci...dren-1.3594036

Lots of commentary about this online, some very nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soci...dren-1.3594036

Lots of commentary about this online, some very nasty.
    she is seriously takin the **** in fairness mate!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dedogs View Post
    Frankly, at this point, dedogs, you can take a hike, as far as I'm concerned (and I'm not a mod here, so I don't have power to ban you, but for this latest outburst, I probably would give you some kind of warning, if I was a mod).

I don't object to you having, by the standards of this forum, right wing views, we could do with a more cut-and-thrust, but you are just being an utter a...hole at this point.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

This is a very low quality post.

The point of this forum is for discussion - so you are going to need to articulate your points better - actually make some points - rather than throw away comments like this

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    Frankly, at this point, dedogs, you can take a hike, as far as I'm concerned (and I'm not a mod here, so I don't have power to ban you, but for this latest outburst, I probably would give you some kind of warning, if I was a mod).

I don't object to you having, by the standards of this forum, right wing views, we could do with a more cut-and-thrust, but you are just being an utter a...hole at this point.
    not cool mate.... not cool atall.... theres a thing called free speech means im entitle to say my opinion same as youre entitle to say yours.... i never disrespected you or said you should be banned cause i dont aggree with you so youre out of order there!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    This is a very low quality post.

The point of this forum is for discussion - so you are going to need to articulate your points better - actually make some points - rather than throw away comments like this
    allright mate i cant use big words and the only thing i know thats articulated is me truck only that doesnt mean yer woman that does nothin bar make babies and then gives out cause she cant get a free house in the exact place she wants it is takin the ****!!!!

allright mate i cant use big words and the only thing i know thats articulated is me truck only that doesnt mean yer woman that does nothin bar make babies and then gives out cause she cant get a free house in the exact place she wants it is takin the ****!!!!
    and another thing mate its not great discussion callin other lads arseholes and sayin they should be banned cause you dont aggree with them!!!!!

Dedogs the main pisstake here is your sad and sorry attempt at a version of street/working class Irish. The only reason no one pulls you on it is because it is so unintentionally funny.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Dedogs the main pisstake here is your sad and sorry attempt at a version of street/working class Irish. The only reason no one pulls you on it is because it is so unintentionally funny.
    It may seem funny at first but this sort of simplistic language above really would be more at hone on thechurnal.is . To say nothing of the repugnant views expressed therein. Single fathers also had kids and life for them is equally challenging. I am glad these decisions on social welfare etc are made by the Dail and not by rightwing Daily Mail readers. If it was up to the general public we might well end up with people starving as well as sleeping on the street.

It is a miracle none of the prejudice found online has mentioned her ethnicity.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    mate i dont care if you sneer at me i got that for years in school and the very lads that did it had to go to oz and canada after cause they couldnt get work here only i never had to go!!!!

I think you are been deliberately provocative dedogs. I believe you are well able to make better contributions than you do.

Twice recently I have had homeless families in my Taxi. Mother and children both. One, from a hotel where they were been put up, to meet a social worker because the powers that be were moving, or trying to move them to another hotel in an area which would have meant the kids moving school or an impossible commute. They had lost their flat because they could not afford the rent.
    Second was from a Cheshire Home which now is given over to housing 17 homeless families. They fell on hard times when the Father, who she made a point of saying they miss dearly, died. All the children from both families were great kids. Really well mannered and obviously loved and cared for.
    Many homeless people make heroic efforts to keep life as normal as possible for their children. That, and the awful plight of those who are homeless is what we should be focused on. It is only common sense that as long as the Government rely on "the market" to house people is as long as we will have homelessness.

Quote Originally Posted by eamo View Post
    I think you are been deliberately provocative dedogs. I believe you are well able to make better contributions than you do.

Twice recently I have had homeless families in my Taxi. Mother and children both. One, from a hotel where they were been put up, to meet a social worker because the powers that be were moving, or trying to move them to another hotel in an area which would have meant the kids moving school or an impossible commute. They had lost their flat because they could not afford the rent.
    Second was from a Cheshire Home which now is given over to housing 17 homeless families. They fell on hard times when the Father, who she made a point of saying they miss dearly, died. All the children from both families were great kids. Really well mannered and obviously loved and cared for.
    Many homeless people make heroic efforts to keep life as normal as possible for their children. That, and the awful plight of those who are homeless is what we should be focused on. It is only common sense that as long as the Government rely on "the market" to house people is as long as we will have homelessness.
    mate theres people get it hard and theres people take the ****.... havin 7 kids and no job ever is takin the ****.... do you have a job and get up every mornin to go in and work all day????? when you get your paycheck theres tax stopped out of it for important stuff like hospitals only a load of your tax is for ***** that ride the rest of us sideways and makin us pay for every single thing they have!!!!

mate theres people get it hard and theres people take the ****.... havin 7 kids and no job ever is takin the ****.... do you have a job and get up every mornin to go in and work all day????? when you get your paycheck theres tax stopped out of it for important stuff like hospitals only a load of your tax is for ***** that ride the rest of us sideways and makin us pay for every single thing they have!!!!
    It actually doesn't matter if people worked or never worked. Poor people, even those with job's, are treated with the same contempt in the eye's of landlords and that has been the case for centuries. The attitudes towards people on welfare today are the exact same as those of 150 years ago directed at people in poverty. That it was their own fault... And that's when people would take any work they could get and there was no welfare state.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast