Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Complaint made to Dublin Bus by the 32CSM

Default Re: Complaint made to Dublin Bus by the 32CSM

I’m delighted to hear society in Greece is continuing without an economy.
    What do you mean, without an economy Current government/troika enforced economic policy has ensured we now owe a lot more than we did 5 years ago, we have much higher unemployment, much higher poverty rates, no health care facilities, no labour laws, somehow we are importing more than exporting, local economy is barter-only, our banking system is now 100% foreign owned, malnutrition amongst our children runs at something like 680,000 kids, suicides are at an all time high, homelessness is at an all time high, but, apparently all economic indictors are showing that we are doing exceptionally well. That being the case, I can't help but wonder how well you are doing on your island. Unlike yourselves, we have even gone back to "the markets", how can you say we have no economy???? Captain Tony will not forgive you for that slur on his achievements!

Meanwhile, how are you getting on with Dublin bus? Last time I used them, a good few years ago now, I was on the way to visit a friend in Crumlin. I got off on Cromwell' s Fort Road, opposite Beechfield Avenue, together with a young guy who somehow managed to acquire a bloody nose while "minding his own business". I still can't make up my mind what the most offensive part of that encounter was, the fact that he got assaulted on a public bus, or the language he came out with trying to proclaim his innocence in the whole affair....

Quote Originally Posted by Ephilant View Post
    What do you mean, without an economy Current government/troika enforced economic policy has ensured we now owe a lot more than we did 5 years ago, we have much higher unemployment, much higher poverty rates, no health care facilities, no labour laws, somehow we are importing more than exporting, local economy is barter-only, our banking system is now 100% foreign owned, malnutrition amongst our children runs at something like 680,000 kids, suicides are at an all time high, homelessness is at an all time high, but, apparently all economic indictors are showing that we are doing exceptionally well. That being the case, I can't help but wonder how well you are doing on your island. Unlike yourselves, we have even gone back to "the markets", how can you say we have no economy???? Captain Tony will not forgive you for that slur on his achievements!

Meanwhile, how are you getting on with Dublin bus? Last time I used them, a good few years ago now, I was on the way to visit a friend in Crumlin. I got off on Cromwell' s Fort Road, opposite Beechfield Avenue, together with a young guy who somehow managed to acquire a bloody nose while "minding his own business". I still can't make up my mind what the most offensive part of that encounter was, the fact that he got assaulted on a public bus, or the language he came out with trying to proclaim his innocence in the whole affair....

Try stay on topic people.

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Fightlink is a howl if you happen to be sober and stay downstairs. A few years ago a group of us were coming back from a nightclub and we had a few beers on us,nothing serious just a few. A lad upstairs was with his friends and asked another young lad for a cigarette, the lad he asked responded he had none and was about to turn away when for no reason he was head butted. We dragged the perpetrator off but it put me off using the Nightlink for quite a while. Dublin Bus is not too bad now , I use the Luas a lot more (Red Line) but by ******* is it rough at times. Have seen people openly shooting up, fights, pick pockets etc. Dublin transport authorities need more security, the current ones they have appear scared of assailants.
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Quote Originally Posted by Dublin Cumann 32CSM View Post
    On the 2nd of April 2014 the Dublin Cumann of the 32CSM issued a complaint to Dublin Bus following the recent surge of drug use and anti-social behavior on the buses around Dublin.

Below is the complaint we issued and the response we got back, do you think the response is acceptable?.

02nd April 2014

To whom it may concern,

It has been brought to our attention in recent months, the high volume of anti social behavior and intravenous drug use taking place on the Dublin Bus service. These incidents have been witnessed and recorded by members of the public while going about their daily business, And shared through social media sites on a regular basis. While we understand that the driver alone cannot police the bus constantly, it is also a worry that innocent members of the public, including young school children and other vulnerable members of the community also rely on Dublin Bus service on a daily basis.

Other forms of public transport have regular security staff monitoring anti social behavior e.g. Luas, Dart. We suggest that Dublin Bus look at security measures for the safety of the general public on board.
    We would appreciate a response on this as a matter of urgency, as we feel there is a high and unacceptable level of risk to the Dublin community that uses your service that is not being treated adequately or taken seriously enough by your company.

Le Meas

Secretary
    Dublin Cumann
    32 County Sovereignty Movement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(RESPONSE FROM DUBLIN BUS)

Case Reference 67832/Ops

Dear -----------

Thank you for your email regarding anti-social behaviour on our services, We take a grave view of any anti-social behaviour on our buses and we are aware that such incidents reflect poorly on our organisation. I can assure you that all reports regarding anti-social behaviour are taken very seriously and investigated thoroughly. In order to investigate this issue fully we would require the bus registration and date and time, or specific details including, route, location and the direction the bus was travelling so that CCTV may be acquired.

Should a customer on board the bus witnesses an incident of smoking or Anti-Social behaviour, they should bring it immediately to the attention of the driver who can call An Garda Siochana for assistance. We would like to thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention. On behalf of Dublin Bus please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Yours Sincerely,

Peter Kennedy,
    Dublin Bus, 59 Upper O'Connell Street, Dublin 1.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you think this response from Dublin Bus is acceptable?.

Please let us know.

Beir Bua.
    No.
    I bet if it was a Dublin Bus full of 32csm there'd be An Garda at every stop along the route on any day at anytime always. Is it a crime to be a member of 32csm?
    Last edited by Trow; 14-04-2014 at 09:44 PM. Reason: spelling
    Happiness is an inside job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12