Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What it says in the Papers - Sunday 28th March

Default Re: What it says in the Papers - Sunday 28th March

I have a simple answer to one of those problems, scrap FAS and give the money in the form of education tokens to the unemployed. The private sector or universities will be delighted to train them. That is a stroke of pen decision.
    Mr Lenihan said the guarantee was “the cheapest bailout” compared with bank rescues in other countries, including the UK and the US, where “billions and billions of taxpayers’ money are being poured into financial institutions” - October 24 2008

I think the problem is that the private sector isn't employing anyone to be educated. The tokens they'd want is for their existing staff not someone they'd have to start from scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Garland Names the Planets View Post
    I think the problem is that the private sector isn't employing anyone to be educated. The tokens they'd want is for their existing staff not someone they'd have to start from scratch
    Well if you are on the Dole and someone hands you a 5K token for education you could do a degree or some other course that appeals to you. I dare say you are better able to pick and source a good course than some idiot in FAS.
    They spent 900K per person on some courses in FAS without getting them jobs. 900K!
    FFS just give the people with no jobs the money to retrain themselves, if they are worth employing they will figure out what to do with it. Anyone in FAS that is running a worthwhile course will thrive on the business they get so they have nothing to worry about.
    FAS is a scam.
    Mr Lenihan said the guarantee was “the cheapest bailout” compared with bank rescues in other countries, including the UK and the US, where “billions and billions of taxpayers’ money are being poured into financial institutions” - October 24 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Xray View Post
    Well if you are on the Dole and someone hands you a 5K token for education you could do a degree or some other course that appeals to you. I dare say you are better able to pick and source a good course than some idiot in FAS.
    They spent 900K per person on some courses in FAS without getting them jobs. 900K!
    FFS just give the people with no jobs the money to retrain themselves, if they are worth employing they will figure out what to do with it. Anyone in FAS that is running a worthwhile course will thrive on the business they get so they have nothing to worry about.
    FAS is a scam.
    FAS is an organised FFraud. I know of one private operator operating courses for them that gets paid a lot of money for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xray View Post
    FAS is a scam.
    What course was that ?

Quote Originally Posted by C Flower View Post
    What course was that ?
    I was thinking the same.

Train ? I could retire on 900K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12