Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diarmuid O' Flynn (Ballyhea14 bondholder protest) is standing for Ireland South in the European Parliament election May 23rd

Default Re: Diarmuid O' Flynn (Ballyhea14 bondholder protest) is standing for Ireland South in the European Parliament election May 2

Give me a misty day, pearly gray, silver, silky faced, wide-awake crescent-shaped smile

Default Re: Diarmuid O' Flynn (Ballyhea14 bondholder protest) is standing for Ireland South in the European Parliament election May 2

Diarmuid has a growing list of endorsements for his election campaign - Fintan O' Toole is the latest to support him.

See here: http://www.diarmuidoflynn.com/2014/03/endorsements.html

Quote Originally Posted by MediaBite View Post
    Diarmuid has a growing list of endorsements for his election campaign - Fintan O' Toole is the latest to support him.

See here: http://www.diarmuidoflynn.com/2014/03/endorsements.html
    I saw that Diarmuid was involved in a Leviathan session with David McWilliams and others. Is that about on youtube, do you know ? It would be interesting to see.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

I've been asking for a video of it myself - as soon as one comes available I'll post it here.

Meanwhile Gene Kerrigan has now endorsed Diarmuid as well. http://www.diarmuidoflynn.com/2014/0...es-oflynn.html

Give me a shout as i would like to give Diarmuid a hand... just pm me.

Good luck to Diarmuid . He has certainly put in the mileage.

Cactus, you asked which group he would join if elected. None of them - he's hoping to set up a new one. He believes there might well be a lot of MEPs elected across Europe by voters who are feeling the same way as his supporters do. But first things first!

Yes. I imagine he'll do well in Cork and Limerick. Believes in right and wrong , not right and left. Be honest people; if Jackie Healy Rae said that you wouldn't be at all surprised......

He's neither Left nor Right and won't be joining any group in Europe - just setting up his own.
    I don't trust him. Why should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Binn Beal View Post
    He's neither Left nor Right and won't be joining any group in Europe - just setting up his own.
    I don't trust him. Why should I?
    I trust him alright, I'm sure he's a decent guy.And maybe he's right to avoid groups; worked for Tony Gregory.

But... Tony had firm beliefs about what he wanted,all worked out in great detail. Whereas Diarmuid wants to invent ethical capitalism. Pretty tall order when all you are saying is 'profit is good, greed is bad.'
    Or again...'regulation, but without too much red tape.'

I mean - where is this going ?

Most of our public representatives are decent guys and would want a more ethical capitalism with less red tape but that won't improve the lot of the people who are struggling for a decent life for themselves and their children.

What we need are individuals and/or parties that will oppose the corporate system, say No to Europe and to local gombeenism, not deceive the people with false promises. We have had countless false prophets and countless false dawns. Enough.

He has nothing to offer but disappointment.

I've asked a couple of them whether SF would agree to a coalition with either FF or FG. Deafening silence. Ominous.
    That's because it's a "felon-setting" question.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

Also divisive of the anti-austerity cause.

Official launch of Diarmuid O' Flynn's election campaign tomorrow night at Charleville Park Hotel, 8.30pm. Info here:

http://www.diarmuidoflynn.com/2014/0...gn-launch.html

Official launch of Diarmuid O' Flynn's election campaign tomorrow night at Charleville Park Hotel, 8.30pm. Info here:

http://www.diarmuidoflynn.com/2014/0...gn-launch.html
    The Chattering Magpie blog is a good place to see what Diarmuid O'Flynn thinks. His blogs in midwinter summed a lot up.

http://thechatteringmagpie14.blogspo...&max-results=7

Is there a contact point for the campaign for those who were asking?

Is Declan Ganley still linked up with Ballyhea?
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast