Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Russian Hitlist - Who is next?

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Default Re: The Russian Hitlist - Who is next?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26713975

Russian speaking populations form a large portion of that of Estonia. Around 25% of the population of Estonia is Russian speaking. Read the population demographics on the map on the BBC site. As per the OP, part of Moldova is in line to join Russia .
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

The denizens of Little Odessa say bring it on Vlad.

Brighton Beach was dubbed "Little Odessa" by the local populace due to many of its residents having come from Odessa, a city of Ukraine.[12] An annual festival, the Brighton Jubilee, celebrates the area's predominant heritage.[7] In 2006, Alec Brook-Krasny was elected for the 46th District of the New York State Assembly, the first elected Soviet-born Jewish politician from Brighton Beac

Brighton Beach is an oceanside neighborhood in the southern parts of the New York City borough of Brooklyn. As of 2007, it has a population of 75,692 with a total of 31,228 households.[1] It is known for its high population of Russian-speaking immigrants[2] and as a summer destination for New York City residents due to its beaches along the Atlantic Ocean and its proximity to the amusement parks in Coney Island
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/article...asingly_likely

FP can hardly be accused of pandering to US interests (its deemed to be fairly left)

Intelligence sources thinking there may be a Russian invasion of Eastern Ukraine, royally ******** up the whole situation, you think its on a knife edge now

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybiscuits View Post
    http://www.foreignpolicy.com/article...asingly_likely

FP can hardly be accused of pandering to US interests (its deemed to be fairly left)

Intelligence sources thinking there may be a Russian invasion of Eastern Ukraine, royally ******** up the whole situation, you think its on a knife edge now

Foreign Policy magazine is a product of the US State - The "Council on Foreign Relations" - "With the mission of spreading the US foreign policy view of the world".

The CFR is considered to be the nation's "most influential foreign-policy think tank".[1] Its membership has included senior politicians, more than a dozen Secretaries of State, CIA directors, bankers, lawyers, professors, and senior media figures.
    The CFR has a nauseating history in defending the Chilean military dictatorship, and has been stirring it up for all it is worth in the Ukraine for years.

Then-opposition leader and former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko caused a stir by publishing an article entitled "Containing Russia" in the May–June 2007 issue of Foreign Affairs accusing Russia under Vladimir Putin of expansionism and urging the rest of Europe to stand against him. Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov wrote an article in response, but he withdrew it, citing "censorship" from the Foreign Affairs editorial board.
    The reality of the expansionism of the US through NATO not being mentioned at all of course, nor the placing of a ring of nuclear bases around Russia by the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_Affairs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council...eign_Relations

This is not what I would call left.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Foreign Policy magazine is a product of the US State - The "Council on Foreign Relations" - "With the mission of spreading the US foreign policy view of the world".

The CFR has a nauseating history in defending the Chilean military dictatorship, and has been stirring it up for all it is worth in the Ukraine for years.

The reality of the expansionism of the US through NATO not being mentioned at all of course, nor the placing of a ring of nuclear bases around Russia by the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_Affairs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council...eign_Relations

This is not what I would call left.
    They did refer to Israel as the worst statelet in the world at one stage....

Intelligence sources thinking there may be a Russian invasion of Eastern Ukraine
    You don't need a crystal ball for that. If NATO troops on Ukrainian soil are the alternative then the Russians will invade Ukraine in a heartbeat and they won't stop in Eastern Ukraine.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    You don't need a crystal ball for that. If NATO troops on Ukrainian soil are the alternative then the Russians will invade Ukraine in a heartbeat and they won't stop in Eastern Ukraine.
    DOnt forget this
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7241470.stm

Well, the old missile defense shield has been shelved (the new system will not be in place until 2017 or so). And 6 years ago, the Russian military was in no position to attack anything bigger than Chechnya.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-...lands-27157504

8 incidents of Russian military aircraft flying close to UK airspace in 2013 alone

Shocking...

Btw, dozens of NATO warplanes flying patrols along Russian borders (i.e. close to Russian airspace) on a daily basis.

Shocking...

Btw, dozens of NATO warplanes flying patrols along Russian borders (i.e. close to Russian airspace) on a daily basis.
    That wouldnt have anything to do with the countries being members of NATO I suppose?

That wouldnt have anything to do with the countries being members of NATO I suppose?
    No. The Baltic States have no air force at all of their own so it's U.S., British, German and Danish jets that do the "flying close to Russian airspace" there.

As for the Russkies and their Tu-95s, they're always eager to find out how close they can get before interceptors are scrambled. The old Tupolevs are still playing a very important role in the Russian nuclear deterrence arsenal. Though they wouldn't have to penetrate UK airspace in order to nuke the place—unlike the Amercans, the Russians never removed the nuclear warheads from their air-launched cruise missiles—they still need to get within a few hundred miles.
    Last edited by TotalMayhem; 25-04-2014 at 04:24 PM.

No. The Baltic States have no air force at all of their own so it's U.S., British, German and Danish jets that do the "flying close to Russian airspace" there.

As for the Russkies and their Tu-95s, they'll always eager to find out how close they can get before interceptors are scrambled. The old Tupolevs are still playing a very important role in the Russian nuclear deterrence arsenal. Though they wouldn't have to penetrate UK airspace in order to nuke the place—unlike the Amercans, the Russians never removed the nuclear warheads from their air-launched cruise missiles—they still need to get within a few hundred miles.
    I fear it all ending in tears!

They did refer to Israel as the worst statelet in the world at one stage....
    If that is the case, the CFR is probably anti-semitic on top of everything else. It is an outlet for aggressive US expansionist/imperialist policy makers.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12