Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Geraldine Taylor ( former Vice-President of RSF) speaks out on her dismissal

  1. #16

    Default Re: Geraldine Taylor ( former Vice-President of RSF) speaks out on her dismissal

    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    Interesting how you have snowballed what I said, "flirted with criminality" to RSF "dabbling" in criminality to everyone in RSF being a criminal.
    If you are saying that RSF flirted with criminality then you are in fact tarring all the members of RSF with that, myself included. Now I ask you again to substantiate your claim.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Baile Átha Cliath
    Posts
    5,113

    Default Re: Geraldine Taylor ( former Vice-President of RSF) speaks out on her dismissal

    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Mellows View Post
    If you are saying that RSF flirted with criminality then you are in fact tarring all the members of RSF with that, myself included. Now I ask you again to substantiate your claim.
    I already have - many of the loons were insulated in RSF and criticism of them from the outside was met with the kind of indignant display you are putting on here. Seemingly RSF were the last to figure out the character of these individuals when it was obvious to the world for a long time. RSF may or may not have their house in order now - hopefully they have - but the fact remains that things were very wrong for quite a while, far longer than it should have been.

  3. #18

    Default Re: Geraldine Taylor ( former Vice-President of RSF) speaks out on her dismissal

    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    I already have - many of the loons were insulated in RSF and criticism of them from the outside was met with the kind of indignant display you are putting on here. Seemingly RSF were the last to figure out the character of these individuals when it was obvious to the world for a long time. RSF may or may not have their house in order now - hopefully they have - but the fact remains that things were very wrong for quite a while, far longer than it should have been.
    You do know the difference between individuals and an organisation do you not? Your comment was not in relation to individuals who were flirting with criminality it was in regards and entire organisation that you claimed was flirting with criminality. And I have every right to be indignant at your comment and your continued defence of it. If I were to come on here and state that you have flirted with criminality but refused to back it up with evidence you too would be a bit annoyed.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Baile Átha Cliath
    Posts
    5,113

    Default Re: Geraldine Taylor ( former Vice-President of RSF) speaks out on her dismissal

    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Mellows View Post
    You do know the difference between individuals and an organisation do you not? Your comment was not in relation to individuals who were flirting with criminality it was in regards and entire organisation that you claimed was flirting with criminality. And I have every right to be indignant at your comment and your continued defence of it. If I were to come on here and state that you have flirted with criminality but refused to back it up with evidence you too would be a bit annoyed.
    What would you call what happened then - these people were above criticism in the eyes of RSF until they left/were kicked out. Sound republicans one day, scum of the earth the next. This is despite the fact that the world and his dog knew what these people were at for a very long time. How would you describe this "lapse", or whatever you want to call it, by RSF?

    Just to add, those individuals (loons) were not flirting with criminality, they were engaged in it. Note the distinction.
    Last edited by Saoirse go Deo; 13-02-2014 at 11:46 PM.

  5. #20

    Default Re: Geraldine Taylor ( former Vice-President of RSF) speaks out on her dismissal

    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    What would you call what happened then - these people were above criticism in the eyes of RSF until they left/were kicked out. Sound republicans one day, scum of the earth the next. This is despite the fact that the world and his dog knew what these people were at for a very long time. How would you describe this "lapse", or whatever you want to call it, by RSF?
    Its all well and good state that "the world and his dog knew", Did the world and his dog provide any evidence? When evidence was presented then these people were expelled, that is a fact. What more could have been done in the situation? People could not be expelled on simple hearsay and its not as if they were going to make it easy come by the evidence. If hearsay was to be used in such situations then the entirety of RSF would be currently expelled because Saoirse go Deo has said we are flirting with criminality but simply refuses to either back up his claim or retract it.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Baile Átha Cliath
    Posts
    5,113

    Default Re: Geraldine Taylor ( former Vice-President of RSF) speaks out on her dismissal

    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Mellows View Post
    Its all well and good state that "the world and his dog knew", Did the world and his dog provide any evidence? When evidence was presented then these people were expelled, that is a fact. What more could have been done in the situation? People could not be expelled on simple hearsay and its not as if they were going to make it easy come by the evidence. If hearsay was to be used in such situations then the entirety of RSF would be currently expelled because Saoirse go Deo has said we are flirting with criminality but simply refuses to either back up his claim or retract it.
    There are none so blind as those who will not see. We are going around in circles - you disagree with my assessment and my reasoning for said. Fine. That's your right.

  7. #22

    Default Re: Geraldine Taylor ( former Vice-President of RSF) speaks out on her dismissal

    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    There are none so blind as those who will not see. We are going around in circles - you disagree with my assessment and my reasoning for said. Fine. That's your right.
    I disagree with your comment that RSF flirted with criminality as that criminalises the entire organisation.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Grove
    Posts
    4,071

    Default Re: Geraldine Taylor ( former Vice-President of RSF) speaks out on her dismissal

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Is there any "family tree" of Irish Republican groups and parties that would explain their history and basic outlook ?
    An interview with Geraldine Taylor [RSF] dated 2010.
    http://www.rsfkerry.com/apps/videos/.../show/16385904
    Happiness is an inside job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Share us
Follow Us