Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peadar Toibin waltz

Default Re: Peadar Toibin waltz

I'm not sure that him describing the IRA as murderers will go down too well with those who fought the war. Would he describe the RUC as murderers I wonder?

Sinn Fein has really come a long way in a short space of time. Who knows where that journey will end.

He mentioned that he's been a member of the party for 17 years.. that's pre GFA and final ceasefire, I doubt if he would describe the IRA as murderers. I would tend to dismiss the telegraph for any relative info, it's a rag. Though SF might be better off without the bead bashers....

The article written by Niall O Connor in the Irish Independent is completely untrue and false. Disappointed to see such poor journalism.
    From Peadar, via twitter.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

INM dishing out their daily SF hatefest and boost for FF. Not credible until it comes from a civilised source..

How many times was he approached though. Once should have been enough no?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. FIVE View Post
    How many times was he approached though. Once should have been enough no?
    Who knows, I'd say they've approached everyone at a loose end in any constituency where taking them in makes certain of a seat for FF. I've been doing a bit of delving into FF's GE 2011 figures and where their current poll ratings would bring them. Here's a post I had on the darkside showing how easy it will be for FF to double their seat total.

The last GE was a one off car crash of disorganisation for FF that allowed FG to mop up seats for old rope.

For example it will take just a 1,000 vote swing to FF from FG in Carlow Kilkenny to give FF a second seat there. That's not including all the Labour deserters that would make that FG to FF swing unnecessary.

Another heap of constituencies where a toxic FF were anywhere from a few hundred to less than 2000 votes off taking seats. A swing to FF of a few hundred votes or half those deficits will be enough to give FF a stack of new seats in GE 2016.

Cork East, about 650 short.

Cork South-West, about 600 short.

Donegal South West, 1350 short.

Dublin Central, about 850 short.

Dublin North, about 1100 short.

Dublin South, about 1460 short.

Dublin South Central, about 1560 short.

Dublin South East, about 1230 short.

Dun Laoghaire, about 1380 short.

Kildare North, about 1800 short.

Louth. about 940 short.

Meath East, about 1970 short.

Sligo North Leitrim, about 650 short.

Waterford, about 970 short.

That's 15 more seats to add to the 20 seats they won in the last GE that would have fallen to them off 20% or less in their nightmare for transfers 2011....... The Govt parties have lost all the ex FF vote in the meantime. So work it out yourself, 2011 was a gift to FG and Labour, not some kind of new normality
    There's another host of seats where they're fairly far back and where an acquisition of a seat by poaching from rivals gives them a certain seat, all the time pushing towards 40 and over seats as a major staging post in their recovery.

This has serious implications for the balance of power at the next GE, as FF may be leaving soft uncontested seats for FG to mop up where FF will only run one candidate despite having more than a quota available to them. It would suit FF for FG to have another term but for FF to still be within striking distance of them for the following election...
    Last edited by Shaadi; 10-12-2013 at 02:40 PM.

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    I'm not sure that him describing the IRA as murderers will go down too well with those who fought the war. Would he describe the RUC as murderers I wonder?

Sinn Fein has really come a long way in a short space of time. Who knows where that journey will end.
    One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter I guess.

And before you jump down my throat Im not judging anyone...
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

The article written by Niall O Connor in the Irish Independent is completely untrue and false. Disappointed to see such poor journalism: Peadar Toibin
    Journalism is a process for telling lies about your enemies ........ and sometimes about your friends.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybiscuits View Post
    One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter I guess.

And before you jump down my throat Im not judging anyone...
    This really has nothing to do with the point I was making but I appreciate your compulsion to post relentlessly.

This really has nothing to do with the point I was making but I appreciate your compulsion to post relentlessly.
    You were making a point
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

You were making a point

Just one. I am not blessed with the unique ability you demonstrate most days to post insightful commentary on dozens of different topics in a short space of time.

Just one. I am not blessed with the unique ability you demonstrate most days to post insightful commentary on dozens of different topics in a short space of time.
    Im sure some day you will develop some unique ability that wont be constrained by your constant cynicism . Day in day out you act like you are the left version of some over zealous Zionist waiting to pounce like they do on the dark side. PW is as much an education as it is a vechile driven by opinions. There are times I skim and times I read in depth and certain threads like economics which I never really take an interest in but still read to at least get some sort of an education. Your constant bashing of various posters is like a yeast infection, its mildly irritating but does not really stop people going about their day. Perhaps you should take more of an interest in debating the topic at hand....

Tóibín is back in the party now and has got his old role back.

http://www.thejournal.ie/peadar-tobi...03182-Feb2014/

like a yeast infection, its mildly irritating ..
    I hear natural yoghurt is recommended for that.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast