Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: The North - Links & News

Default Re: The North - Links & News

It was'nt me....
    Quote.. On Thursday, Dr Crawford told the inquiry that the moment he heard his name mentioned at the committee, he texted a friend - Mark Anderson, a biomass expert who worked at Ulster University - saying: "I've been destroyed."

He added he believed he had been unfairly blamed for being responsible for the delay to bring in cost controls in summer 2015, which led to a massive spike in boiler applications and did the most damage to the public purse.

At the height of the media spotlight on RHI in December 2016 and early 2017, a course of action was taken "to put my name out there," he added. unquote.. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45507272

A convenient fall guy.
    Happiness is an inside job.

See above...my flabber is well and truly ghasted...

Quote Originally Posted by statsman1 View Post
    It's drip, drip, drip, isn't it?
    Tsunami according to Andrew...

Quote Originally Posted by Seosamh View Post
    Tsunami according to Andrew...
    Can you get a tax break on that?
    “Me, poor man, my library
    Was dukedom large enough.”

The live stream noted in post#212 is still on...

Ah but sure Mr. Fre. [DUP] all your party leader was asked to do was step aside....

Quote.. Mr Frew, an assembly member for North Antrim, said the RHI inquiry should not be used as an excuse for stopping the return of the Northern Ireland Assembly.

"It should not be a barrier, it should not be an obstacle," he said

"We should have an executive there tomorrow and an assembly there where we can scrutinise legislation and law."

Ulster Unionist leader Robin Swann said confidence in politics in Northern Ireland "has completely" collapsed".

"I chaired the public accounts committee and did I ever think it would get this far and reveal a murky and dirty system of government?

"No, but I'm glad it has now". unquote. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45517219

And while all this is going on....

This case as kept hanging long enough...

Quote.. The public prosecution service has decided not to charge a senior Sinn Féin member and former IRA prisoner with the alleged importation of weapons from the United States.

In a statement issued on Monday afternoon, a spokesperson for the PPS (Public Prosecution Service) said: "I can confirm that a decision has been taken not to prosecute a man for any offences in relation to the alleged importation of firearms.

"Careful consideration has been given to all of the available evidence and it has been concluded that this is insufficient to meet the Test for Prosecution." https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46101883

This case relates to allegations between 1995 and 1999.

If they can't get you for one thing, then...

Quote.. A man who was accused of the murders of four soldiers in the 1982 IRA Hyde Park bombings has been arrested.

John Downey has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of two other soldiers in Northern Ireland in 1972.

His trial for the Hyde Park murders collapsed because of a secret letter from the government which gave him a guarantee he would not face trial.

He was arrested by police in the Republic of Ireland using a European Arrest Warrant. unquote.. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46100103

I'd say he [Downey] is right..
    Quote.. Downey responded that it was the "DUP and not the DPP (Director of Public Prosecutions)" who was pursuing the matter. unquote.. https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2018-11...-udr-soldiers/

It's a counter measure in relation to the pursuit of ex British soldiers over legacy cases. ''If you come after ours, we'll go after your's''.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415