Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The North - Links & News

Default Re: The North - Links & News

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    Ha, gas man, resorting to the ould below the belt posts when someone points out your obvious bigotry. We all have prejudices in some ways. I don't have much time for anyone of a hardline partitionist, or on the flipside, Unionist position myself but I am not the one who thinks he can hate everyone from the North and not have it called out for what it is. Your partitionist mindset is old-fashioned anyways. 60%+ of people in the Republic would support a United Ireland even if it cost an extra 9 billion euros according to a recent poll..and that trend is gaining ground every day North and South as our Orange friends keep digging their own hole..

I speak 5 languages and as you've spent your whole adult life in America, by your own admission, I'm going to calmly play you at your own snobby game and say thanks, but I think I have the better of you linguistically-speaking. Of course, I defer to your own authority when it comes to posting thousands of links on American politics. Where would we be indeed...and I am sure everyone who views those threads and the pages therein clicks on most of your links too..yeah right..
    What, specifically, in my post was "below the belt" especially when compared to your accusations of obvious bigotry?
    Please stop trying to put words in my mouth. I did not say I "hate" all nordies.
    I said I had washed my hands (for political purposes) of nordies of all stripes.
    Yer buddy Sidewinder is a good example of why.
    Opinion polls in RoI on UI are all over the map.
    You certainly have me beat on the language front, at least for those languages that are not English, but your repeated misuse of English speaks volumes.
    You're embarrassing yourself. You really don't get it about the paragraphs and links. The grafs are summaries of the articles. It's an electronic news clipping service. People only click the link if they want more. I rarely do. You dummy.
    I do appreciate that you plan to be "calm" about playing me at my own (snobby) game, but you'll need more than calmness. You'll need snobbiness too......
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

"If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

This I think is worth a read. The one glaring error is that he assumes that the publicly quoted figures regarding Gaelic speakers in the ROI are correct. I would wager it is much less than the 1.7% he quotes.

It is no hostility to the Irish language to suggest that official bilingualism (through an Irish Language Act) can hardly be a human right based on reality. Some 1.7 per cent of the population of the 26 counties daily speak Irish; the figure for the six counties is far less.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/u...sion-1.3431695
    Last edited by pluralist; 21-03-2018 at 02:54 PM.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

The legal obligation is on the British government to legislate for an Irish language act. For some reason no one seems to be bringing this up.

As an aside, some PUP affiliated people are campaigning for an Irish language act.

Elderly beadrattling rural inbreeds of the SDLP in an anguished plea for the elderly beadrattling rural inbreeds of Fianna Fail to come save them from themselves.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-36772364.html

Can ye imagine Mehole Martian, after all his loony anti-Nordie and Brexit-related outbursts, canvassing for votes on the Culmore or Malone Roads?

If this did happen the result would be far from a resurgence in the SDLP/FF vote. It'd collapse completely IMO.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112