Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Evidence - South African Police Planned Marikana Massacre

Default Re: New Evidence - South African Police Planned Marikana Massacre

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Because of your rudeness, I am placing you on my "ignore list". I will be unable to read any more of your posts.
    I was not being rude - I was calling you out on your unfounded accusations.

You made a series of false claims about the Marikana massacre and the role of the striking miners during this event. When I demonstrated that you were talking bullsh*t - instead of admitting you were wrong - you decided to do a runner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
    I was not being rude - I was calling you out on your unfounded accusations.

You made a series of false claims about the Marikana massacre and the role of the striking miners during this event. When I demonstrated that you were talking bullsh*t - instead of admitting you were wrong - you decided to do a runner.
    I'm sure readers will draw their own conclusions regarding the way you conduct "discussions". And, bty, I'm not convinced that everything you present as facts are in fact facts. There is no doubt that the police murdered workers at Marikana, as Holly pointed out many times, but I'm not sure either that presenting the entire affair as some sort of Kent State incident is serving anyone. I hope that while the DSM was, according to yourself, encouraging workers to not be killing scabs they were also pointing out the futility of trying to fight heavily armed police with pangas and spears. Anything else would have been a grave error ....

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    I'm sure readers will draw their own conclusions regarding the way you conduct "discussions". And, bty, I'm not convinced that everything you present as facts are in fact facts. There is no doubt that the police murdered workers at Marikana, as Holly pointed out many times, but I'm not sure either that presenting the entire affair as some sort of Kent State incident is serving anyone. I hope that while the DSM was, according to yourself, encouraging workers to not be killing scabs they were also pointing out the futility of trying to fight heavily armed police with pangas and spears. Anything else would have been a grave error ....
    And the bold Sam - with all his wisdom from on high - does his usual bit of trying to stir it without any real content to his contributions.

And by the way - there are only similarities between the Kent State shootings and the Marikana Massacre - the murder at Marikana involved far more planning, calculated intent, devastating and the attempted cover-up was far more extensive.
    Last edited by Jolly Red Giant; 29-10-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Some points.

On its own, the video posted in the OP does not prove that the shootings were preplanned. In fact, the police officer in the video is attempting to justify the action as defensive.

Taken together with all the other footage, and evidence of pressure from Lonmin to end the strike, it appears highly probable that it was a pre-planned operation intended to terrify and demoralise the workers back to work.

I've looked at the video several times and it seems at least possible that one striker turned and fired two shots. It is not clear enough to be definitive. If he did, given the circumstances it was understandable and defensive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=t6guOlOFY7Q

It is bitterly ironic that the SA tv video showing dozens of dead miners has a running banner along the bottom displaying the market price of minerals.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    I've looked at the video several times and it seems at least possible that one striker turned and fired two shots. It is not clear enough to be definitive. If he did, given the circumstances it was understandable and defensive.
    For the love of Jaysus - there was no shooting - there is zero evidence - no gun, no bullets, no casings and these days no claim by the police that they were shot at. Whatever the miner had it was not a pistol and whatever the video shows it was not gunshots.

Any more news of this enquiry ?
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Still sitting.

The Inquiry is still sitting - the ANC hope to drag it out until after the elections.

Currently there is controversy over the application by the SAPS lawyer to allow a police witness to give evidence video link from a remote location without his identity being known. The police claim he will give evidence that two Lonmin security guards were murdered by striking workers and that the strikers used muti-rituals before they attacked the police. The lawyers for the strikers claim the witness is a well-known habitual criminal who has committed three murders and is testifying to get immunity from prosecution.

Photos produced in evidence last week showed that at least four miners at Scene 2 were shot in the back and base of the neck and at least one had his hands tied behind his back with cable ties at the time. The scene was littered with cut cable ties when paramedic personnel arrived.

There is also widespread condemnation of the hype around the Pistorius trial in comparison to the Marikana Inquiry.
    Last edited by Jolly Red Giant; 20-03-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
    The Inquiry is still sitting - the ANC hope to drag it out until after the elections.

Currently there is controversy over the application by the SAPS lawyer to allow a police witness to give evidence video link from a remote location without his identity being known. The police claim he will give evidence that two Lonmin security guards were murdered by striking workers and that the strikers used muti-rituals before they attacked the police. The lawyers for the strikers claim the witness is a well-known habitual criminal who has committed three murders and is testifying to get immunity from prosecution.

Photos produced in evidence last week showed that at least four miners at Scene 2 were shot in the back and base of the neck and at least one had his hands tied behind his back with cable ties at the time. The scene was littered with cut cable ties when paramedic personnel arrived.

There is also widespread condemnation of the hype around the Pistorius trial in comparison to the Marikana Inquiry.
    It is appalling - both the neglect of the Marikana inquiry, and the voyeuristic and obsessive coverage of the Pistorius trial.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

A South African commission has recommended a criminal investigation into police over the deaths of 34 miners during a strike in 2012. President Jacob Zuma said the inquiry concluded the police had a "defective plan" to end the strike at the Marikana mine and were wrong to proceed with it.

Lawyers for the dead miners' families have made accusations of a cover-up, describing the killings as revenge by the police for earlier deaths at the mine. LINK

The State will mull over the findings ... probably pass it back and forwards to this and that committee ... have long discusssions, send it to one or two more committees and slowly but surely it will fade out of sight and out of mind.
    Give me a misty day, pearly gray, silver, silky faced, wide-awake crescent-shaped smile

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234