Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would Abolishing the Senate Save Money ?

Default Re: Would Abolishing the Senate Save Money ?

My area is covered in Yes posters, haven't seen anything or anyone campaigning for a No vote And this is a previous FF stronghold!

Quote Originally Posted by smiles View Post
    My area is covered in Yes posters, haven't seen anything or anyone campaigning for a No vote And this is a previous FF stronghold!
    Yes, the only sign of life today was Senator David Norris, who is v. sick, tweeting this - "Cut out the Lies! Why is the Government Putting What it Admits are Lies on this Poster?"

“ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Wont it be grand to see that jumped up git, Mark McSharry, out on his ass, he is extremely obnoxious and comes from the FF style of he who shouts loudest and longest wins, let him go live off Daddy's pension and shout at the moon.

Mark McSherry yes, but the one I will be happiest to see the back of is Rónán Mullen and Labrás Ó Murchú and...

There's Dan canvassing on Pana...

Quote Originally Posted by Binn Beal View Post
    Mark McSherry yes, but the one I will be happiest to see the back of is Rónán Mullen and Labrás Ó Murchú and...
    The prospect is indeed enticing, but they will only be transferred to the Taoiseach's advisory committees, without even the faint hope of them being voted out in a future election.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

I'd personally love to see a properly reformed Seanad, something along the lines of one senator per constituency maybe. Personally I find the arguments week and the arrogance of Enda Kenny and Fine Gael in general is really edging me to vote no on it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12