Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Indo journalist Gemma O'Doherty forced out after Garda Commissioner penalty points doorstep

Default Re: Indo journalist Gemma O'Doherty forced out after Garda Commissioner penalty points doorstep

[QUOTE=C. Flower;475039]It does help to stay in touch with the real world as in reality.[/QUOTE

prerequisite

Default Re: Indo journalist Gemma O'Doherty forced out after Garda Commissioner penalty points doorstep

I didn't know about husband either. That changes my perception of things. (Not to be harsh, but people lose jobs all the time, it's just the reality in our neo-liberal hypercapitalist 'economy'. )
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    I didn't know about husband either. That changes my perception of things. (Not to be harsh, but people lose jobs all the time, it's just the reality in our neo-liberal hypercapitalist 'economy'. )
    It was the manner of her job loss, you can see how one could feel that people are out to get her, coupled with bereavement etc.

I feel a bit sorry for her tbh and I think there may be a mental health aspect at play here.

The woman is clearly intelligent. I don't think she is doing this for fame or money - I mean she was very much a respected journalist, that's all gone now. She is not making any money out of this. She was respected and we'll know enough that she could have had a conventional political career and made waves that way, instead we have this descent into what we see now with some proper off the wall stuff. She didn't have to be mental to get her voice heard, so I don't think it's an act.

She was a good journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    It was the manner of her job loss, you can see how one could feel that people are out to get her, coupled with bereavement etc.

I feel a bit sorry for her tbh and I think there may be a mental health aspect at play here.

The woman is clearly intelligent. I don't think she is doing this for fame or money - I mean she was very much a respected journalist, that's all gone now. She is not making any money out of this. She was respected and we'll know enough that she could have had a conventional political career and made waves that way, instead we have this descent into what we see now with some proper off the wall stuff. She didn't have to be mental to get her voice heard, so I don't think it's an act.

She was a good journalist.
    I appreciate your empathy towards her. Yes, trauma can make people a little weird for a while, particularly multiple trauma when there is no support around. And a degree of paranoid reaction about all kind of triggering things. Time and increased security and self awareness can heal these things.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910