Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Day At School!

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Default First Day At School!

http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/firs...43741-Aug2013/

Some useful advice for parents out there who may have children going to school! I remember my first day, my father driving me to school and Fune Young Cannibals she drives me crazy playing on the radio and I cried and cried and then it all stopped! I found mala and didnt look back! Uniforms was this wine coloured jumper and grey slacks ! Eugh!
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Default Re: First Day At School!

It was like the first letting go moment for me, fresh apple and cheese sandwich in a brown paper bag passed through the classroom window and the scent of freshly sharpened pencil. Takes me back there.
    Happiness is an inside job.

When Sos (break-time) came, and the class went out to the playground , I thought that was it and went home. Mother not impressed

My 5 year old girl starting school next Thurs, she's a little bit nervous & worried about it. ?But I think sitting her down, talking to her
    talking through her fears is helpful.
    My own memories of first day at school, was of being delighted to be at school, going in, leaving Mammy, entering classroom.
    Vividly, remember not understanding why all the kids beside me where bawling their eyes out when their Mammy's left!

Being given an alphabet book to look at, and crying, because I was bored, and too shy to say I could already read.

*little miss knowitall*
    Last edited by C. Flower; 23-08-2013 at 12:14 PM. Reason: not really an appropriate smiley for this
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Can't remember the exact day, but can well remember going from a positive forward looking family environment into a satanic sour perfectly polished wooden floored Sister's Of Mercy run Primary school.

The whiff of Sulphur off the cold hard anti-septic nuns was palpable, good job we were made of tough stuff in those days. In an age of first world problems, the thought of our precious little princes and princesses ever facing such an ordeal in this day and age is simply unthinkable..

My second 'first' day at school aged 7 was more of a shock. Fifty-two pupils in the class and nuns who looked like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Spectabilis View Post
    My second 'first' day at school aged 7 was more of a shock. Fifty-two pupils in the class and nuns who looked like this:

Oh noes!! Women attacked by gannets

“ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

7? We were thrown to the wolves at 3 1/2 to 4.. A fkn jungle.

Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaadi View Post
    7? We were thrown to the wolves at 3 1/2 to 4.. A fkn jungle.
    Me too Shaadi. Started at four but we moved to Dublin, Hence the second first day with the Butterfly nuns, or French Sisters as they were called. I was astonished to glimpse one enter what was obviously the nuns' loo as I thought they did not have human bodily functions.

For some reason I have no real memories at all of my first day in school, or indeed anything from Jr and Sr Infants or from 1st Class. A complete blank. I cannot even remember what the teachers looked like.

My own two reacted pretty well to their first days. No real drama - all that came later!
    “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.” - Marcus Aurelius

Me too Shaadi. Started at four but we moved to Dublin, Hence the second first day with the Butterfly nuns, or French Sisters as they were called. I was astonished to glimpse one enter what was obviously the nuns' loo as I thought they did not have human bodily functions.
    T'was a Mad world back then, you can't really explain no matter how hard you try just how nutty those environments were. Somewhere between Hogwarts on a really bad day and Oliver Twist would be about right, and then you went home to normality, Wanderly Wagon and Star Trek on TV in suburbia.

I remember being given brown plasticine, which I ate.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbouvet View Post
    I remember being given brown plasticine, which I ate.
    Hilarious

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast