Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Irish Republican Voice

Default Re: Irish Republican Voice

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Would it be great of all these bodies of no clearly identifiable purpose obliged each other to stand down.
    Lots of former political prisoners and respected republicans have featured heavily in the media recently, talking about the future of republicanism and the current state of things... It's my impression that the ground is being softened for a ceasefire by some or all of the groups.

The end of the IRV and their associates is welcome - I wonder if similar will happen to Limerick RSF.

A REPUBLICAN splinter group whose members have been targeted by criminal rivals is trying to re-form, only three months after it disbanded.

Irish Republican Voice (IRV), which is led by Rathfarnham man James McDonagh, is on a recruitment drive after the organisation was previously torn apart by in-fighting.

McDonagh (36), who has been officially warned by detectives that there is an active threat against his life, has established a new cuman in Dublin.

ACTIVISTS

He and some of his associates have fallen foul of criminal gangs and other dissident republicans.
    http://www.herald.ie/news/splinter-g...-30275721.html

At this stage it's clear that some republican groups are being obviously manipulated in order to serve the status quo... Not sure this is the case with this group but with others it's common knowledge.

I wouldn't even take them seriously, they're an irrelevance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dublin1916Society View Post
    I wouldn't even take them seriously, they're an irrelevance.
    You seems to be ignoring the damage done to Republicanism by people extorting money from others in the name of Republicanism.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345