Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 90

Thread: Dublin Bus to vote on strike action

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...
    Posts
    13,555

    Default Dublin Bus to vote on strike action

    http://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-bus-...77865-Jul2013/

    Siptu’s Dublin Bus drivers committee unanimously voted to ballot members on industrial action at a meeting yesterday afternoon. That will mean that all 1,200 members will be asked if they want to strike over a pay dispute
    .

    Fingers crossed this goes ahead and paralyses the city. Might make people sit up and take note...
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown
    Posts
    8,498

    Default Re: Dublin Bus to vote on strike action

    Oh ****, does this mean Irish Rail goes out in sympathy?
    "The floggings will continue until morale improves "

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...
    Posts
    13,555

    Default Re: Dublin Bus to vote on strike action

    Quote Originally Posted by morticia View Post
    Oh ****, does this mean Irish Rail goes out in sympathy?
    CIE might strike over all if they can get the backing. A lot of the union branches are very interconnected in CIE
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Baile Átha Cliath
    Posts
    5,113

    Default Re: Dublin Bus to vote on strike action

    So, are we all ready for a strike?

    The bus drivers are well up for it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wash DC
    Posts
    8,768

    Default Re: Dublin Bus to vote on strike action

    Dublin Bus drivers are among the most surly you're ever likely to come across. I believe they have to pass an "unpersonable" test as well as a driving test.
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Baile Átha Cliath
    Posts
    5,113

    Default Re: Dublin Bus to vote on strike action

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    Dublin Bus drivers are among the most surly you're ever likely to come across. I believe they have to pass an "unpersonable" test as well as a driving test.
    My bother is one and he ain't too bad

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wash DC
    Posts
    8,768

    Default Re: Dublin Bus to vote on strike action

    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    My bother is one and he ain't too bad
    Well, "you would say that wouldn't you". Look up the source of the quote if you are too young to remember. The actual quote used "they" instead of "you"
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,910

    Default Re: Dublin Bus to vote on strike action

    I wish my own union had more surly and unpersonable members. Then we might have refused to put up with the Haddington Road crap.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wash DC
    Posts
    8,768

    Default Re: Dublin Bus to vote on strike action

    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbouvet View Post
    I wish my own union had more surly and unpersonable members. Then we might have refused to put up with the Haddington Road crap.
    Well, the Haddington Road thread didn't attract much attention here, and you seem to have been a tad dismissive at the time yourself. 'Surly a'nd 'unpersonable' are just such major negatives I can't think of any redeeming factors can you?


    http://www.politicalworld.org/showth...350#post338350
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    3,845

    Default Re: Dublin Bus to vote on strike action

    I never travel by bus because the drivers will not give change.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wash DC
    Posts
    8,768

    Default Re: Dublin Bus to vote on strike action

    Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I never travel by bus because the drivers will not give change.
    Is that at the driver's discretion or does the system not permit it?
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    3,845

    Default Re: Dublin Bus to vote on strike action

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    Is that at the driver's discretion or does the system not permit it?
    It's the system; refund tickets are given and they can be redeemed by a trip to the Dublin Bus office in the city center. Too much trouble to make it worthwhile.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,910

    Default Re: Dublin Bus to vote on strike action

    Apparently Siptu have said that free travel holders over 66 should pay a levy in order to make up CIEs deficits. I am disgusted with this view. It is unworthy of a trade union and they should withdraw it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    3,845

    Default Re: Dublin Bus to vote on strike action

    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbouvet View Post
    Apparently Siptu have said that free travel holders over 66 should pay a levy in order to make up CIEs deficits. I am disgusted with this view. It is unworthy of a trade union and they should withdraw it.
    Irish trade unions look after their executives first and their members second and the people not at all. They are contemptible.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Baile Átha Cliath
    Posts
    5,113

    Default Re: Dublin Bus to vote on strike action

    Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    It's the system; refund tickets are given and they can be redeemed by a trip to the Dublin Bus office in the city center. Too much trouble to make it worthwhile.
    Uncollected money goes to charity. Better value and handier to use a leap card

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Share us
Follow Us