Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucinda chasing the top job in FG? - adventures of the rebel alliance

Default Re: Is Lucinda chasing the top job in FG?

Opening in Egypt now I believe

lots of anonymous FG sources here http://www.independent.ie/opinion/an...-29394369.html

The strong risk of not being a FG candidate at the next election is just one of the outcomes of her now anticipated vote against the Coalition next week. She will be giving up her junior ministry, a potential seat at the Cabinet table within the next three years and setting her political career back in a manner from which she may never recover.

Fine Gael insiders point out Alan Shatter was in the Dail for 30 years before getting a shot at ministerial office.

Whether she intended to or not, Creighton is regarded as having painted herself into a corner with her stance, demanding significant changes to the legislation for her support.

Her comment about "groupthink" within the party hasn't gone down too well either.

Even experienced politicians are failing to see how she can do anything but vote against the legislation next week. Given all she would be giving up, there are still some who wonder if she will actually go ahead and vote against the legislation in line with her beliefs.

"In conflicts between careers and conscience, careers usually win out," a FG senator observed.
    "Does she want to be in politics any more? There is no judgment in her sometimes. You can't win every battle. A bit of it is about Leo (Varadkar) and him getting ahead by being in Cabinet. She's very competitive. But unlike her, he learns," a minister said.

However, a party colleague points to a potential way out for Creighton – provided she's willing to swallow her pride in the short term.

"I think it would be a big loss to the party if she left. But she has now put herself into a corner. The legislation is going to pass anyway. Whether it passes with 138 votes or 137 votes doesn't matter. She might come to the view she's better off staying in the party and representing a pro-life position," a minister says.
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Creighton is a posturing climber, always has been. Before Fine Gael shoed in to govt she accentuated her visibility by consistently vocalizing her differences with Enda and the party (he repaid this showboating by carting her off to Europe). She rarely 'puts her money where her mouth is' and I don't expect her to this time - to be specific, she will renege on her promises to vote against the legislation.
    In case this all goes pear-shaped, I'll bid you adieu

The Indo lists Damien English as one of 3 options to replace Creighton

I hope Enda plans to send a translator (to legible English) with Damo if he is sent to Europe

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29399370.html
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/an...-29394369.html

The party's 'one-member, one-vote' policy at selection conventions meant whoever had more supporters registered and there on the night got on the ticket. The employment of so-called convention stuffing and virtual branches were common.

The finger-pointing added tension to a high-stakes battle to be the Fine Gael candidate between two of the party's rising young stars: newly elected Dublin City Council members Brian Gillen and Lucinda Creighton.

Given her association with Young Fine Gael, Creighton's supporters were perceived to be behind the flood of new member registrations

She may have the support of others from her young FG days. Could a few of her supporters go with her?
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybiscuits View Post
    Could a few of her supporters go with her?
    Go where? ^^
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

lol

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    Go where? ^^

Sorry thought I read a new party somewhere...
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Quote Originally Posted by musashi View Post
    Creighton is a posturing climber, always has been. Before Fine Gael shoed in to govt she accentuated her visibility by consistently vocalizing her differences with Enda and the party (he repaid this showboating by carting her off to Europe). She rarely 'puts her money where her mouth is' and I don't expect her to this time - to be specific, she will renege on her promises to vote against the legislation.
    I stand corrected.
    In case this all goes pear-shaped, I'll bid you adieu

Quote Originally Posted by musashi View Post
    I stand corrected.
    Frump Off Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lucinda+creighton.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	464
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	463  

There is an important detail we all should remember about Lu C
    And that's the fact she once had a rather questionable dude working for her.
    None other than the man who was thrown out of Fianna Fail on - don't **** yourselves laughing - supposed moral grounds.
    He who served to peddle the bigoted poison of that shyster chav, that ethically challenged fascist clown, that parachute politician and all round snake oil salesman.
    Yep.
    We are talking none other than the Monaghan Machiavelli.
    He who talks of burning bondholders but settles for making off with local credit union loot.
    We is talking that #vinb panel clown.
    All right wing sound.
    All populist fury
    Always signifying absolutely nothing.
    (Bar greed.
    Ruthless ambition.
    And brass neck)

He who is ...you guessed it ...John McGuirk.

How does Lucinda Creighton reconcile her fine moral concern with having John McGuirk in her employ.

I know sometimes a gal has to bark.

But what would lovely Lu need an unmuzzled pit bull for?

I know they like to paint us liberals as a scary bunch.

As us lefties as developers of gulag.

But John McGuirk.

Really?

Come on

Like appointing Arch B Des Connell as ombudsman for children.

Des may be all right in the end.

But it does not look good.

It's inappropriate.

McGuirk in the office as Lucinda talks of conscience.

There's something real rotten in that fiscal rectitude Denmark.

Now apparently they are not the best of buddies anymore.

'No sheeeet Sherlock!' a sane person may be tempted to say

At least John - always conscious of how bread is buttered if the local credit union is closed - has refrained from labeling her an 'unelectable psychotic *****' like he did a more recent prolife harridan boss, that well known scary witch, Caroline Simmons.

We can only wonder what fair Lucinda has to say these days about John boy.

Unless of course someone poses the question.

Meanwhile these politicians and those who aspire to join them would drive a man to throw his lot in with Jesus.

(Just like they claim to)

And weep.
    Last edited by Kev Bar; 12-07-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Paschal Dononohue has been appointed Minister of State for European affairs

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. FIVE View Post
    Paschal Dononohue has been appointed Minister of State for European affairs
    Well Holy God. That's the end of VinB and Late Debate appearances. Always knew he was a man going somewhere.

It'd be brilliant IMO if Lucy and the rest of the dwindling band of O'Mujahedeen, all 25 of them in the Dail, did get together and form an explicitly medieval bead-rattling O'Mujahedeen Party.

Cos that way we would get the immense satisfaction of seeing them get their arses well and truly thumped in a resounding fashion in the next general election.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast