Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucinda chasing the top job in FG? - adventures of the rebel alliance

Default Re: Is Lucinda chasing the top job in FG?

Lucinda sitting beside Enda now as he make a post European Council statement. Doesn't look too happy.
    http://www.oireachtas.ie/parliament/...r/daileireann/

Quote Originally Posted by Greengoddess View Post
    Speech?
    http://www.rte.ie/news/news1pm/playe...8895,flash,232
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

She is definitely voting for the bill with promotion in her sights. It's going to be brought through so for Lucinda just for principle she'd lose too much in a ministerial job and possible promotion. Enda won't be around for too long as leader, maybe the next election he'll still be in charge but I'll say he'll go, after all his years and with him being in his early 60s, if Fine Gael fail to stay in government after the next election or half way during the next Dáil term if he's still Taoiseach.

So Creighton was bought for re her vote in abortion bill in return for a plum job in Brussels!!!

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaadi View Post
    Lucinda would be like kryptonite to FGs electoral chances, take away the reasonably affable Enda and FG are exposed as Thatcher wannabes with parish pump credentials. Coveney is about the only hope they would have of avoiding a post Enda slump.

Creighton is right that abortion is not just a religious issue, but wrong to state that it's not a religious issue, they are inextricably linked in that to follow the edicts of religious leaders means one should oppose abortion, whereas being anti-abortion need not necessarily be informed by any religious belief.
    Her language is pandering to the non religious and the religious conservative element of the party. Creighton cuts a Tatcher like figure with her language. Tatcher was not very popular lest we forget but Im thinking she is angling for Endas job. As others have said the body language might seem somewhat arkward around Enda but she knows that there are those who would love to see Enda go and there is no real stand out figures for the leadership of the parties. Might as well show your hand now as one paper said but not reveal some of the cards...
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybiscuits View Post
    Her language is pandering to the non religious and the religious conservative element of the party. Creighton cuts a Tatcher like figure with her language. Tatcher was not very popular lest we forget but Im thinking she is angling for Endas job. As others have said the body language might seem somewhat arkward around Enda but she knows that there are those who would love to see Enda go and there is no real stand out figures for the leadership of the parties. Might as well show your hand now as one paper said but not reveal some of the cards...
    I think you meant Thatcher.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

Quote Originally Posted by riposte View Post
    I think you meant Thatcher.
    Thank you...my spelling and grammar is not fantastic, I will freely admit that!
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Thank you...my spelling and grammar is not fantastic, I will freely admit that!
    You're doing Ok...... now....if you could only get your mind right ... lol !!

Quote Originally Posted by riposte View Post
    You're doing Ok...... now....if you could only get your mind right ... lol !!

All the noise coming from her over the new abortion bill is marking her stand out from the party isnt it? At the forefront of those voting for the bill is Lucinda and any media opportunity she further consolidates her position. Aside from her random mutterings her latest drivel on the topic is her musing that the abortion debate is not a religious issue but that of human rights.

http://www.lucindacreighton.ie/2013/...-second-stage/

Look at the choice of language

That very stance appeases all of the members of the party. The non religious or agnostics see the religious element being omitted and the anti choicers see her taking a principaled stance. Now that Enda may take over from Barroso and FG will be as popular as a dose of the clap is she angling for the leadership of FG?

There was a reported attempted to apparently give Enda the heave years ago, of which Creighton denies she was a part...

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/...-26690568.html

Walking the tightrope,using the right language...
    In political parties, there is always a heave against the leadership, but in FG the people that cause these sort of things, they are better known as Mongrel Foxes. She can never be called foxy.
    "I have never killed a man but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure". Clarence Darrow

Olivia Mitchell says she was offended by Lucinda's speech and "many" in Fine Gael were offended by it
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Dublin North-West - the leading constituency!

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    Olivia Mitchell says she was offended by Lucinda's speech and "many" in Fine Gael were offended by it
    I find most of Fine Gael, members, policies and representatives, highly offensive so I can understand Olivia.

She is a popular figure in FG circles is she not?

In some FG circles, perhaps, but not amongst the more socially liberal members. Anyway, her continued or future membership of the party is at the mercy of the party hierarchy, so her popularity amongst the membership is of little relevance if she is not a member of the Party herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceannaire View Post
    In some FG circles, perhaps, but not amongst the more socially liberal members. Anyway, her continued or future membership of the party is at the mercy of the party hierarchy, so her popularity amongst the membership is of little relevance if she is not a member of the Party herself.
    Socially liberal members of FG? Liberal FG , is that not an oxymoron She made fade into the shadows on a back bench somewhere but something strikes me that she wont be quiet for long and will be back as Arnie might say...

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Buddha View Post
    I find most of Fine Gael, members, policies and representatives, highly offensive so I can understand Olivia.
    and I find most of Fine Gael, members, policies and representatives, highly offensive so I can understand Lucinda.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast