Thread: Words on Thatcher - New Blog Post by Kev Bar

Default Words on Thatcher - New Blog Post by Kev Bar

Fitting for the day that's in it. Comments welcome either here or on the blogsite.

http://itsapoeticalworld.com/
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Default Re: Words on Thatcher - New Blog Post by Kev Bar

How Thatcher wanted to straighten the border and drive Catholics south, in emulation of Cromwell, how Thatcher said "all Irish are liars" and etc.

http://ansionnachfionn.com/2013/04/0...aw-she-failed/
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    How Thatcher wanted to straighten the border and drive Catholics south, in emulation of Cromwell, how Thatcher said "all Irish are liars" and etc.

http://ansionnachfionn.com/2013/04/0...aw-she-failed/
    Considering she was talking to Mandy and given the history of Perfidious Albion, we should take it as a compliment.
    Last edited by Shaadi; 17-04-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Attempt 3. Neo-liberal MI6 cyber gremlins seem to be messing with my attempts to upload a hammy but possibly jammy webcammy version. Another six hours now. And what are the chances of post vulture capitalist Eircom keeping a signal up for that long? Bout as slim as meeting a Christian in Iona.

Excellent as usual Kev.

Because I was MIA for the last two weeks I missed the opportunity for comment, so apols for the tardiness.
    Many thanks also to those who publicly and privately expressed their condolences on the passing of my da.

Back in the day, as the scramble to replace T was heating up among her cabinet (Howe, Heseltine, Tebbit , even Cecil Parkinson) the Independent ran a competition for the best epitaph for her gravestone. I don’t remember the winning entry, I much preferred the #2 and that’s probably why it has stuck with me.

Here I lie, The Iron Lady,
    in this graveyard cool and shady,
    who shall wield the power that once was mine,
    please lord please not Heseltine.
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    Excellent as usual Kev.

Because I was MIA for the last two weeks I missed the opportunity for comment, so apols for the tardiness.
    Many thanks also to those who publicly and privately expressed their condolences on the passing of my da.

Back in the day, as the scramble to replace T was heating up among her cabinet (Howe, Heseltine, Tebbit , even Cecil Parkinson) the Independent ran a competition for the best epitaph for her gravestone. I don’t remember the winning entry, I much preferred the #2 and that’s probably why it has stuck with me.

Here I lie, The Iron Lady,
    in this graveyard cool and shady,
    who shall wield the power that once was mine,
    please lord please not Heseltine.
    Thanks.
    Am sorry to hear about yr father.
    Thanks a good one on Maggie.
    if you're home May 8th, let us know and I'll send you an invite to the launch.