Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Press the green button .... It's That Time Again

Thumbs up Press the green button .... It's That Time Again

... please.

I would like to draw members attention to the not very prominently displayed DONATE button about half way down on right hand side of the portal.

And I would encourage you to use it.

CF has for some years now singlehandedly shouldered the burden of the (not insubstantial) cost of keeping this forum, that we all get so much enjoyment from, afloat.

It is high time that the burden was shared. From each according to his/her wallet to each according ...(you get the picture)

No contribution would be, I'm sure, too small. Neither any too large ...

Step up, step up ...
    Last edited by C. Flower; 06-11-2015 at 07:10 PM.

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Default Re: Press the button ....

Done it yesterday but agree with you!
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Indeed.

Cass has not only contributed financially but also the tremendous workload that is involved in maintaining the site is also unpaid.
    Thomas Jefferson : Banking Establishments are More Dangerous to our Liberties than Standing Armies.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybiscuits View Post
    Done it yesterday but agree with you!
    My clenched teeth are not an indication that I'm unhappy with your positive news.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    My clenched teeth are not an indication that I'm unhappy with your positive news.
    Someone needs a hug...
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Thanks very much to those that have and also those who would like to but are strapped for cash, hate Paypal or are just shy.

Every little, and not so little, helps.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    ... please.

I would like to draw members attention to the not very prominently displayed DONATE button about half way down on right hand side of the portal.

And I would encourage you to use it.

CF has for some years now singlehandedly shouldered the burden of the (not insubstantial) cost of keeping this forum, that we all get so much enjoyment from, afloat.

It is high time that the burden was shared. From each according to his/her wallet to each according ...(you get the picture)

No contribution would be, I'm sure, too small. Neither any too large ...

Step up, step up ...

Seconded. I have to say that when this site was down for a couple of days it felt like there was a huge hole in the Irish online world that isn't filled by anything else.
    Speaking for myself I'm happy to donate a few quid to keep a great online resource going.
    Now when it come to the Indo and the Irish Times.....hmm

consider this a warning to any skinflints

When the overdraft is paid off... you're first on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. FIVE View Post
    consider this a warning to any skinflints
    Looks familiar that place.,..

Thumbs up Re: Press the button ....

Thanks very much indeed to all of you who have contributed to PW since the button appeared. Your generosity is much appreciated.

Commiserations to all who can find nothing down the back of the sofa. I feel your pain. If things improve, you know what to do with the extra readies.

I'm very happy that after quite a few difficulties, our new hosting is settling down very nicely, and with Cue's help the upgraded software is being made more watertight.

We have also moved the writing blog itsapoeticalworld to its own .com home.

There is still a lot to do here: I don't want to give too much away in advance but anything you can throw in the hat will go towards providing a better and more functional site for you to use (and of course to keep our hosting providers happy).

The price of a cup of coffee, or of a glass of Veuve Cliquot, would do nicely
    Last edited by C. Flower; 18-04-2013 at 08:44 PM.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

No Lady would know the price of a glass of Veuve Clicquot. Sniff. Gentlemen provide that for one.

i sent my dirty dollars your way the day i figured out paypal with Eliphant' advice..

now.. I think you should consider fundraising seriously, like they do here in the US in radio stations...twice a year a membership $$ is suggested and a goal is set (for example we need XX,000 to keep our operations going for the next 6 months so folks chip in etc etc) then you have a meter on the right tab so people can see their contributions reaching up to your set goal.

i know it may sound a little annoying but people need to understand the value of the service you provide and for your sake dont just trust people generosity, you need to be a little more proactive... (just a suggestion)

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    i sent my dirty dollars your way the day i figured out paypal with Eliphant' advice..

now.. I think you should consider fundraising seriously, like they do here in the US in radio stations...twice a year a membership $$ is suggested and a goal is set (for example we need XX,000 to keep our operations going for the next 6 months so folks chip in etc etc) then you have a meter on the right tab so people can see their contributions reaching up to your set goal.

i know it may sound a little annoying but people need to understand the value of the service you provide and for your sake dont just trust people generosity, you need to be a little more proactive... (just a suggestion)
    Thank you very much for your dirty dollars

Perhaps we could think of some appealing visuals that would incentivise donations: e.g. your least favourite politicians head on a stake at the top of the portal for a fixed fee ?

I may take you advice on this as you seem full of good ideas.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Thank you very much for your dirty dollars

Perhaps we could think of some appealing visuals that would incentivise donations: e.g. your least favourite politicians head on a stake at the top of the portal for a fixed fee ?

I may take you advice on this as you seem full of good ideas.
    YES! there's plenty other people here with much better imagination to come up with ideas to help you out.. i do like the idea of the politician head but hey they might sue you for defamation

I am just giving you couple ideas I see work VERY well here, basically people need to be "accountable" for their needs too...

it actually comes easy when people assign a dollar value to what they get here...is it the same as a cup of starbucks coffee a day:

3$/day x 365 ~1000$/year

and now I am blushing dying embarrassed at the thought of the miserable amount of dollars i sent your way

(count your members and do your math and fund raise please)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast