Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Irish Comedian Would You Vote For ?

Default Re: Which Irish Comedian Would You Vote For ?

John F Kennedy.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

Arena, with Abie Philbin Bowman, is doing an item on this at the moment. An Irish Stand Up government.

Everyone wants Daragh O Brian as Min Ed.

Mentioning an Icelandic comedian who stood with a promise of "working towards a drug free Parliament by 2020."
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

If we could get PJ Gallagher and get him to his Jake Stevens ego to be Taoiseach everything would be sorted with whistles

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Well if we cna imagine someone akin to Pearse Doherty, Born in Scotland of Irish descent would have to be Frankie Boyle. Pure satire and would rip the opposition a whole new one given half a chance

Saw him in December and people walked out of his gig
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Tommy Tiernan interview

30 minute interview about mental health, insensitive jokes, his childhood and helping his kids with their homework

Sunday With Miriam; RTE Radio 1 on 14.12.14
    Sss-hh. Don’t mention the lack of sovereignty in the Irish state.
    The acknowledgement of the 1916 Rising by the Establishment and its nauseating, craven lackeys is simply a political convenience devoid of any real meaning!

Dublin North-West - the leading constituency!

Even though he is dead, I would still vote for Dave Allen.

Des Bishop by a Country Mile.

The only Irish Comedian I know of even capable of learning a language(Irish and Chinese, possibly the two hardest for an English speaker to learn!), a principled leftwinger anyways(!), and a Man with Youth, wit, cross-continental cultural appeal(from Irish America, to Australia and China itself) and ideas as well as informed opinions behind his gags and in so many of his jokes.

He'd make a brilliant Minister for Foreign Affairs.

If we're getting into dead comedians it has to be Spike Milligan.

The lads in Apres Match would be worth a preference purely for their impersonations of Dunphomania and Gaybo.

Mario down the bottom of the list as he got Bertie spot on brilliantly. Can't find a clip but the Costume etc. and the grabbing Money off of everyone from Inuits in Greenland to Nigerians was tragically true. Not to mention his eerily accurate impression of Dear Leader Enda around the time the Garda scandals broke.

Oliver Callan should be proscribed. A Gutter Pig who has gone for the absolutely most vile impressions and anti-personifications of Michael D.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephilant View Post
    Don't we always end up voting in a bunch of comedians anyway? Politics is just another reality show that got out a hand and it's high time somebody re-writes the script...
    I agree ... Leo Vardkar always makes me laugh.
    Give me a misty day, pearly gray, silver, silky faced, wide-awake crescent-shaped smile

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew49 View Post
    I agree ... Leo Vardkar always makes me laugh.
    C J Haughey. My son got me the RTE series as a Christmas prezzie. Not watched it yet. It's a labour of love I tell you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12