Thread: Face Book Graph Search

Default Face Book Graph Search

Any thoughts ?

Sounds intrusive, to say the least.

http://www.herald.ie/news/facebook-t...s-3355022.html
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Default Maidir Le: Face Book Graph Search

No information safe on Facebook in their battle for supremacy.

Amusingly, all the 'customised' ads on my page are now for Canadian businesses. So not only intrusive but wrong.

Default Re: Maidir Le: Face Book Graph Search

Quote Originally Posted by Spectabilis View Post
    No information safe on Facebook in their battle for supremacy.

Amusingly, all the 'customised' ads on my page are now for Canadian businesses. So not only intrusive but wrong.
    LOL

In a desperate gasp to shore up its vacillating share price, FB implements a page out of Google's playbook. SEO is a proven way of generating cash, the FB engine will optimize paying customers' FB presence. Expect further imitative implementations from FB to eek a dollar from their users.

Me, I've been thinking about closing my a/c there for a while now: only thing stopping me is a vestigial attachment to my 'real-life' online presence.
    In case this all goes pear-shaped, I'll bid you adieu

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Default Re: Maidir Le: Face Book Graph Search

Quote Originally Posted by musashi View Post
    LOL

In a desperate gasp to shore up its vacillating share price, FB implements a page out of Google's playbook. SEO is a proven way of generating cash, the FB engine will optimize paying customers' FB presence. Expect further imitative implementations from FB to eek a dollar from their users.

Me, I've been thinking about closing my a/c there for a while now: only thing stopping me is a vestigial attachment to my 'real-life' online presence.
    I never click on the adds, there is a way of backing up all your pics and stuff to your hard drive, remind me tonight to get the link to do it and I will get it up here. My account is used for sharing stories from thew news, rants, keeping up with friends but that is it. I never put anything up I wouldnt say in public (bar once which did cause a stir)....
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg