Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Denis O'Brien Single-Handedly Brings Ireland Down the Corruption Index

Red face Denis O'Brien Single-Handedly Brings Ireland Down the Corruption Index

Amazing what one man can do...

...this morning, he is mentioned twice in the release which accompanies the publication of the annual Corruption Perceptions Index by Transparency International, an index which tracks countries worldwide in making their countries more honest. The 2011 Index has Ireland falling a record 11 places to be the 25th cleanest, most honest country in the world – in 2010 we were regarded by Transparency International as being the 14th most honest country in the world, six places ABOVE our neighbours in the UK; today, the UK has leapfrogged us and we are today one place BELOW the UK. Our deterioration is blamed on what Transparency International’s Irish chief executive, John Devitt, says is “our failure to hold people to account for wrong doing”.
    http://namawinelake.wordpress.com/20...ruption-index/
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Default Re: Denis O'Brien Single-Handedly Brings Ireland Down the Corruption Index

You can add Mick Lowry and the O'Reilly clan to that list of troublemakers for this country.

Default Re: Denis O'Brien Single-Handedly Brings Ireland Down the Corruption Index

http://namawinelake.wordpress.com/20...ruption-index/

You can't clean up your image, with suing Irish Journos, with things like this. Look at all those connected with this, some are serving at the moment.
    "I have never killed a man but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure". Clarence Darrow

Dublin North-West - the leading constituency!

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post

I find it amazing that Ireland is as high as 25. That rating is quite, quite extraordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Buddha View Post
    I find it amazing that Ireland is as high as 25. That rating is quite, quite extraordinary.
    These Transparency International rankings are nothing but a bad joke.

Be great craic if it ever transpired that the individuals responsible for rating Ireland on this daft index were in receipt of FF pork. It's the only plausible explanation in my opinion.
    Last edited by Sidewinder; 05-12-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Transparency Ireland are run out of Trinners I think and have an advisory panel of the usual suspects including one of our fragrant former Presidents.

Their reports between 2006 and 2009 were interesting in that they pointed to the exact areas where there were 'governance' issues in the state of the Irish Republic but I think it was a sort of catholic thing- a kind of institutional confession, hints at darkness and then the report was published and spun and sweet FA changed as the government roundly ignored the reports.

Ireland is hugely corrupt from local government level right up to the Council of State by way of the Attorney General's office. But we have a system, which you can quite plainly see in the capers of posters like Baron Biffo, of retreating to the appearance and surface of things and ignoring the blatant corruption.

It is all very catholic. Behave like shysters all week and put a tie on for the Sunday Transparency Index ranking.

Ireland is closer to most African nations in terms of corruption than anything else.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

It is very telling that Noonan refers to the system of paying every unsecured creditor of Irish debt in sight as vital for 'our reputation'.

I don't know who he thinks he's kidding but the local dunce in any town doesn't get to influence his own reputation.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

'sides reputation should be defined by one's actions, not the scope of one's power or how many media outlets one controls.
    O'Brien's reputation was profoundly sullied by his acts to suppress discussion of it (Sam Smyth, Moriarty)
    Oook.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    I don't know who he thinks he's kidding but the local dunce in any town doesn't get to influence his own reputation.
    That's what you get when Natural Selection backfires. Survival of the unfittest and government by the stupid.

Regards...jmcc

*****! I really thought we were going to beat Chile this year

http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2012/results/#myAnchor1

Greetings from Country Number 5 by the way

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Quote Originally Posted by simonj View Post
    *****! I really thought we were going to beat Chile this year

http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2012/results/#myAnchor1

Greetings from Country Number 5 by the way
    Connemara !
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

From Elaine Byrne, hope she doesn't mind.

He hasn't gone away you know.

https://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQ...1q7MXmTHoMt0s8
    "I have never killed a man but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure". Clarence Darrow

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Tully View Post
    From Elaine Byrne, hope she doesn't mind.

He hasn't gone away you know.

https://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQ...1q7MXmTHoMt0s8
    And the same via the Broadsheet.

wtf ???

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/12/06/cosy-2/
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

He wasn't available for comment on Colm Keena's story yesterday that the State is seeking to have him made liable for any damages that might arise relating to legal action on the 1995 mobile license award.
    Wonder did any enterprising journo ask him about it today?
    Sorry, silly question.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyJoe View Post
    He wasn't available for comment on Colm Keena's story yesterday that the State is seeking to have him made liable for any damages that might arise relating to legal action on the 1995 mobile license award.
    Wonder did any enterprising journo ask him about it today?
    Sorry, silly question.
    Story a few weeks back, in the Sunday papers, where it was reported that he signed his house here in Dublin over to his wife. Forward planning for things to come maybe.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast