Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadey Síochána

Default Re: Shadey Síochána

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    RTE say they have evidence of 90,000 deleted fixed charge offences
    The language of the claims was quite cautious and emphasised that the alleged evidence 'purported' to come from Pulse.

Daly and Wallace are peculiar choices for a serious whistle-blower to contact.

Clare Daly claims that senio garda officers had the info in January and that the Taoiseach and Minister for Justice have had the info 'for months'.

There was a judge that kicked in the door of a hotel some time back, when refused entry because he was locked, he arrived in his own car. Surly you cannot expect the judiciary, politicians and respected members of our society to be treated like the ordinary plebs in our society. Fair play to the gallant members of the Gardai for quashing their penalty's. It is more of this that is needed to protect our leaders.
    "I have never killed a man but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure". Clarence Darrow

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    Daly and Wallace are peculiar choices for a serious whistle-blower to contact.
    I suppose they went for public representatives who they felt weren't compromised in some way or another in this matter, wouldn't be many to choose from given the alleged numbers involved. Who would you recommend for a whistle-blower to contact?

Quote Originally Posted by goatstoe View Post
    I suppose they went for public representatives who they felt weren't compromised in some way or another in this matter, wouldn't be many to choose from given the alleged numbers involved. Who would you recommend for a whistle-blower to contact?
    A self confessed tax dodger and a dingbat wouldn't be my first choices.

The Indo had these files on Wednesday last week and the Times on Friday. Interesting to know who got what from whom. Maybe a pre-emptive leak to the papers when official sources realised that it was going to come out anyway?

Aye, I know that's what you think of them, but who would you recommend?

Aye, I know that's what you think of them, but who would you recommend?
    With Shatter as Justice minister I'd be wary of telling anyone in FG and with Lab entirely subservient to their masters they wouldn't be a good choice either. If the situation arose I suppose I'd contact FF and/or SF.

If it turns out that TD's were a link between the person given points and the Gardai deleting the files, it could explain going to TD's outside of the main parties
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Would you consider Jim Hiigins as a dingbat? He was,nt believed either when he blew the whistle on the Donegal Garda scandal in the Mc Brearty case, that led to the Morris Tribunal.

The Judge mentioned in the Dail was also mentioned on Newstalk by the way. Mary Devins was the name mentioned on Newstalk. I did,nt hear what she was supposed to have done or not done.

there were allegations of abuse of the PULSE system last year

THE DATA PROTECTION Commissioner is investigating allegations that gardaí have been accessing the Pulse database to check up on their daughters boyfriends, among other things.
    The Commissioner’s annual report for 2010 detailed that a Code of Practice for garda use of the Pulse system which was agreed in 2007 was not being implemented.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-use-...96134-Aug2011/
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Just has a look back at the ST's story by John Mooney:
    One of the two whistle-blowers has previously made allegations of corruption and malpractice against colleagues, and of assault by a senior detective, but his claims were not substantiated. The second whistle-blower was previously disciplined for a minor matter by a senior officer.
    Mary Devins, a District Court judge whose name supposedly features on the list, declined to make any comment yesterday. Marty Morrissey, an RTE sports presenter, said he knew nothing about any reports that his name was suppposedly to be included on.
    ST is behind a paywall but this story appeared on page one and continued on page two of last Sunday's print edition.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyJoe View Post
    Just has a look back at the ST's story by John Mooney:

ST is behind a paywall but this story appeared on page one and continued on page two of last Sunday's print edition.
    Judge Devins reckoned that Polish people were basically social welfare abusers.

If the allegations made against her today are correct, she is no better.

At this rate, their may be a shortage of District Court Judges.

Just looking at Oireachtas Report there. Clare Daly named Devins. Walllace, Joan Colllins and Ming Flanagan also raised the whistleblower issue.

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast