Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Its A Poetical World - Update: New Post "Broken Boat" By Enhedduanna

Default Re: Its A Poetical World - Blog Launch II for PW

After much too long a wait, (entirely my own fault) we finally have a new piece on our literary blog and hope you'll agree that 'Broken Boat' by Enhedduanna was woth waiting for.

http://itsapoeticalworld.com/2014/09/24/broken-boat/

Please feel free to comment or share.

I'll be trying to get itsapoeticalworld going again on a more regular basis so if any of you have anything of a creative kind which you'd be willing to share with us, please do submit.
    http://ancruiskeenlawnmower.wordpress.com/

If dreams were lightning, thunder was desire, this whole place would have burned down, a long time ago.

Default Re: Its A Poetical World - Blog Launch II for PW

Quote Originally Posted by 5intheface View Post
    After much too long a wait, (entirely my own fault) we finally have a new piece on our literary blog and hope you'll agree that 'Broken Boat' by Enhedduanna was woth waiting for.

http://itsapoeticalworld.com/2014/09/24/broken-boat/

Please feel free to comment or share.

I'll be trying to get itsapoeticalworld going again on a more regular basis so if any of you have anything of a creative kind which you'd be willing to share with us, please do submit.
    That's a good solid quality piece there by Enhedduanna.

Default Re: Its A Poetical World - Update: New Post "Broken Boat" By Enhedduanna

Lovely.

Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Default Re: Its A Poetical World - Update: New Post "Broken Boat" By Enhedduanna

@ Enhedduanna:

The animated Internet is showing in Alberta as part of the city's Wordfest festival. Not quite sure how it happened. But it seems we are all on the billing. If any diligent nerds were to go and look.
    As the blog url has mmade it onto the billing.
    I think I may have offered them the link to the ebook and some of the address got lost.
    Anyhow don't forget me when you all get rich and famous.

EMMEDIA
    TEXT(E)/IMAGE/BEAT

EMMEDIA presents
    TEXT(E)/IMAGE/BEAT
    A program of videopoetry curated by Daniel H. Dugas and Valerie LeBlanc
    As part of Wordfest 2015

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 (Time TBA)
    Motel, Arts Commons – 205 8 Avenue SE
    FREE

Join us for a free screening of Text(e)/Image/Beat, a program of videopoetry curated by Daniel H. Dugas and Valerie LeBlanc, as part of Wordfest 2015. The program was originally commissioned by the Galerie Sans Nom, Moncton, NB for the Northrop Frye Literary Festival, March 20th to May 1st, 2015.

“Videopoetry is a genre that is increasingly drawing the attention of both audiences and creators. […] Creators are now presenting their texts visually and / or performing their poems. Many have realized that messages can be effectively conveyed using the multimodal character of videopoetry. […] The videos in this program have been chosen for their content as well as for the techniques that each creator uses to portray the meaning and aesthetic sense of the content. […] In spite of the fact that the videos originate from many distinct locations, ideas of awaiting / finding miracles and mysteries of living, are frequent. Each work exhibits innovation and imagination, calling upon a wide range of skills to layer meaning. Slam poetry, rants, softly spoken words, hand written notes, and remixes are all used to articulate.”.

- Excerpt from curator’s commentary

About the curators:

Valerie LeBlanc (b. Halifax, NS) is a pluridisciplinary artist, writer and educator. She has presented her work throughout Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia and Brazil. Launching the MediaPackBoard (MPB) portable screening/performance device in 2005 facilitated the subsequent presentation of a wide range of projects in locations across Canada and in France.

http://valerie.basicbruegel.com

Daniel H. Dugas (b. Montréal, QC) is a poet, musician and videographer. He has participated in solo and group exhibitions as well as festivals and literary events in North America, Europe, Mexico and Australia. His ninth book of poetry L’esprit du temps / The Spirit of the Time will be published in November 2015 by Les Éditions Prise de parole.

http://daniel.basicbruegel.com

In July 2014, Valerie LeBlanc and Daniel H. Dugas were invited by the Artists in Residence in Everglades (AIRIE) and the Everglades National Park to work on their FLOW: BIG WATERS. This ongoing project is a video, soundwalk and photographic investigation based on the Everglades. A series of video poems from their project to date was screened during the Miami Book Fair International (2014), in AnthropoScene: Art and Nature in a Manufactured Era at the University of Miami (2015), Subtropics Marathon concert, Audiotheque studios, Miami Beach (2015) and at the FILE 2015 – Electronic Language International Festival, Sao Paulo, Brazil.

SCREENING PROGRAM:

I Love the Internet
    Kevin Barrington & Bruce Ryder

Synopsis:
    I love The Internet is a digidelic love song delivered with subversive wit and a touch of passion.

Bio:
    Kevin Barrington is an Irish poet, writer and multimedia artist. www.itsapoeticalworld.com

Bruce Ryder is an artist and illustrator living in Wicklow, Ireland.
    Last edited by C. Flower; 06-10-2015 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Bar View Post
    The animated Internet is showing in Alberta as part of the city's Wordfest festival. Not quite sure how it happened. But it seems we are all on the billing. If any diligent nerds were to go and look.
    As the blog url has mmade it onto the billing.
    I think I may have offered them the link to the ebook and some of the address got lost.
    Anyhow don't forget me when you all get rich and famous.

EMMEDIA
    TEXT(E)/IMAGE/BEAT

EMMEDIA presents
    TEXT(E)/IMAGE/BEAT
    A program of videopoetry curated by Daniel H. Dugas and Valerie LeBlanc
    As part of Wordfest 2015

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 (Time TBA)
    Motel, Arts Commons – 205 8 Avenue SE
    FREE

Join us for a free screening of Text(e)/Image/Beat, a program of videopoetry curated by Daniel H. Dugas and Valerie LeBlanc, as part of Wordfest 2015. The program was originally commissioned by the Galerie Sans Nom, Moncton, NB for the Northrop Frye Literary Festival, March 20th to May 1st, 2015.

“Videopoetry is a genre that is increasingly drawing the attention of both audiences and creators. […] Creators are now presenting their texts visually and / or performing their poems. Many have realized that messages can be effectively conveyed using the multimodal character of videopoetry. […] The videos in this program have been chosen for their content as well as for the techniques that each creator uses to portray the meaning and aesthetic sense of the content. […] In spite of the fact that the videos originate from many distinct locations, ideas of awaiting / finding miracles and mysteries of living, are frequent. Each work exhibits innovation and imagination, calling upon a wide range of skills to layer meaning. Slam poetry, rants, softly spoken words, hand written notes, and remixes are all used to articulate.”.

- Excerpt from curator’s commentary

About the curators:

Valerie LeBlanc (b. Halifax, NS) is a pluridisciplinary artist, writer and educator. She has presented her work throughout Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia and Brazil. Launching the MediaPackBoard (MPB) portable screening/performance device in 2005 facilitated the subsequent presentation of a wide range of projects in locations across Canada and in France.

http://valerie.basicbruegel.com

Daniel H. Dugas (b. Montréal, QC) is a poet, musician and videographer. He has participated in solo and group exhibitions as well as festivals and literary events in North America, Europe, Mexico and Australia. His ninth book of poetry L’esprit du temps / The Spirit of the Time will be published in November 2015 by Les Éditions Prise de parole.

http://daniel.basicbruegel.com

In July 2014, Valerie LeBlanc and Daniel H. Dugas were invited by the Artists in Residence in Everglades (AIRIE) and the Everglades National Park to work on their FLOW: BIG WATERS. This ongoing project is a video, soundwalk and photographic investigation based on the Everglades. A series of video poems from their project to date was screened during the Miami Book Fair International (2014), in AnthropoScene: Art and Nature in a Manufactured Era at the University of Miami (2015), Subtropics Marathon concert, Audiotheque studios, Miami Beach (2015) and at the FILE 2015 – Electronic Language International Festival, Sao Paulo, Brazil.

SCREENING PROGRAM:

I Love the Internet
    Kevin Barrington & Bruce Ryder

Synopsis:
    I love The Internet is a digidelic love song delivered with subversive wit and a touch of passion.

Bio:
    Kevin Barrington is an Irish poet, writer and multimedia artist. www.itsapoeticalworld.com

Bruce Ryder is an artist and illustrator living in Wicklow, Ireland.

Well done Kev.

A reminder also to get the poetry site moving again.

And a reminder to Enhedduana to get that boat fixed.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

The boat is fixed.

Itsapoeticalworld poetry site has become Poeticalworld.org. Online now, but may not be easily searched for online for a few more hours.

http://poeticalworld.org/

Please forward you work to me by pm if you would like to publish on the site.

It will take some time to change the links on this thread to the new domain name, asking your patience and in the mean time go direct to the new site.

Thanks.

C. Flower
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

We have a new work for Poeticalworld.org, by Kev Bar.
    In the finest tradition of kitchen sink drama.

TWO MIK ARTISTIC'S EGO TRIP TEA TOWELS

I just took
    fish and chips
    -the very best of
    Donegal Catch -
    Fine fish
    From
    the filing cabinets
    of the Atlantic Ocean
    And Angela Merkel Aldi's
    Best
    Thin
    Slim
    Cut
    Oven chips
    Oh yeah
    Oh yeah
    Oh yeah
    Ah such greedy thrill
    And I took em
    straight outta
    straight outta
    straight outta
    the oven
    Protecting my hands
    from the heat of it all
    All the potential
    the potential
    culinary pain
    Cu-culinary - as the poet said-
    pain
    But not for me
    Cos I was protected
    prophylacticed
    by ...
    not just one
    but two
    two tea towels
    And not your ordinary
    one tea towel
    Not your common garden
    two tea towels
    But Mik Artistic's Ego Trip
    Two Tea Towels
    Purchased at the very end
    of the Mik Artisitic's Ego Trip
    Gig
    @ The Grand Social
    In Dublin town
    And boy was it grand
    And boy was it social
    And boy was I happy
    Happy
    To have
    Not just one
    Mik Artistik's Ego Trip
    Tea Towel
    But two
    Mik Artisitic's Ego Trip
    Tea Towels
    Protecting my hands
    My delicate hands
    From
    The heat
    The heat
    The heat
    Of
    It
    All
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627