Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Celtic 125

Default Re: Celtic 125

Dublin North-West - the leading constituency!

What a way to win! Watt took his goal brilliantly. To beat Barcelona in a week like this one is amazing. Great win, Well done Celtic!

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaadi View Post
    If they make you happy, that's nice and good luck to you. ABMU will do me, dirty ref buying fkers.

Now horseracing, that's more my style, I've been a huge fan of the Sadlers Wells bloodline for decades. He was a constant interest for me and I was very sorry to to see him die after such a long and distinguished career. So I suppose I see where you're coming from. None of his replacements give me that same sense of satisfaction at seeing them prosper.
    ABMU is right! Add Liverpool into that too!..

Quote Originally Posted by goatstoe View Post
    They are a business same as any other professional football club and a very well run business at that. They don't spend beyond their means and still manage to produce a team that can compete at Champions League level, where they need to be in order to access the funding that isn't available to them domestically.

They still maintain a good community ethic and strong links with their Irish heritage, all of which helps them to maintain the support they have within Scotland, Ireland and globally. They have also made strides to widen their appeal by tackling some of the sectarian issues that can be present within a minority of their support.

The people organising "The Gathering" could learn a thing or two from the way Celtic manage to maintain real tangible links with their heritage and with their global support base, in conjunction with accessing monetary support from them.
    Of course they maintain links with Ireland, its one of their biggest markets for jersies. On top of all this brand Ireland they have developed, Ireland is one of their biggest markets for selling organising trips to Parkhead its no surprise at all. Why does secterianism exist after all these years? I dont understand , I really dont. There is a lot of LoI clubs that have lost out as people falsely believe that Celtic are some sort of Irish club...

Apart from that fair play to them beating Barca , no mean feat and young Watts is a revelation. Lennon took a chance and it paid off
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybiscuits View Post
    ABMU is right! Add Liverpool into that too!..

Of course they maintain links with Ireland, its one of their biggest markets for jersies. On top of all this brand Ireland they have developed, Ireland is one of their biggest markets for selling organising trips to Parkhead its no surprise at all. Why does secterianism exist after all these years? I dont understand , I really dont. There is a lot of LoI clubs that have lost out as people falsely believe that Celtic are some sort of Irish club...

Apart from that fair play to them beating Barca , no mean feat and young Watts is a revelation. Lennon took a chance and it paid off

I suggest, fluffy, you read a decent history of the Celtic Football Club and acquaint yourself with the history and its founding and then it will become easier to understand why the Irish flag flies above Parkhead, why they play in green and white, why many celtic symbols are used inside the club and why the sod in the centre circle is brought over from Donegal before each season starts. The club was founded by a Sligoman from Ballymote. Its history and tradition are both intensely Irish as well as being Scottish and really, there is no amount of *revisionism" that can change that. Accept it, it won't change.

"The Glory and the Dream" by McKenna and Woods is good on this and the earlier decades of Glasgow Celtic

As for LOI clubs losing out, I think LOI clubs should ask if the FAI wasn't paying Delaney more than his Spanish and Italian counterparts combined, they might have money to instigate improvements.

The story of Delaney is the story of Ireland, Massive overpayment for **** poor results.

Celtic are making a GAA acquisition

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gael...b-3287865.html
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Buddha View Post
    I suggest, fluffy, you read a decent history of the Celtic Football Club and acquaint yourself with the history and its founding and then it will become easier to understand why the Irish flag flies above Parkhead, why they play in green and white, why many celtic symbols are used inside the club and why the sod in the centre circle is brought over from Donegal before each season starts. The club was founded by a Sligoman from Ballymote. Its history and tradition are both intensely Irish as well as being Scottish and really, there is no amount of *revisionism" that can change that. Accept it, it won't change.

"The Glory and the Dream" by McKenna and Woods is good on this and the earlier decades of Glasgow Celtic

As for LOI clubs losing out, I think LOI clubs should ask if the FAI wasn't paying Delaney more than his Spanish and Italian counterparts combined, they might have money to instigate improvements.

The story of Delaney is the story of Ireland, Massive overpayment for **** poor results.
    He wont listen, or read that book. Its already been explained to him the unique history and links between Celtic and Ireland. It doesnt seem to fit into his acceptable world view therefore the information is ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    Celtic are making a GAA acquisition

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gael...b-3287865.html
    Sad day for Dún na nGall CLG. There will never be a manager like him again anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Ogiol View Post
    Sad day for Dún na nGall CLG. There will never be a manager like him again anytime soon
    he is going to double job
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    he is going to double job
    I wonder has that actually been confirmed. It doesnt seem logical considering the amount of work he has and puts in for the county team.

But, i supose, its better having Jim half the time that anyone else all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Buddha View Post

Im aware of the good work done by the founder and its links to helping the poor Irish in Glasgow . Its the arrogance of Celtic fans over here slating the LoI at every turn "I wouldnt watch that *****" is something I hear often from Celtic fans when you discuss LoI football. Look my apologies Im probably not the best person to criticise Scottish football, Im just perplexed by it that is all. They do good work, I will acknowledge that.!
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Quote Originally Posted by Ogiol View Post
    Well he has the experience, lot of principles in GAA that apply in football , he should do well

Im aware of the good work done by the founder and its links to helping the poor Irish in Glasgow . Its the arrogance of Celtic fans over here slating the LoI at every turn "I wouldnt watch that *****" is something I hear often from Celtic fans when you discuss LoI football. Look my apologies Im probably not the best person to criticise Scottish football, Im just perplexed by it that is all. They do good work, I will acknowledge that.!
    Maybe there are some people who follow Celtic who dismiss LOI football just as there are Celtic fans who go to LOI matches and enjoy them. I often went to Estadio de Luz in Inchicore to watch Pats in the Dolan years could appreciate what Dolan was trying to achieve with the resources available to him.

Celtic is a huge club with supporters from all walks of life. But if you are perplexed, a bit of reading on the subject could be very illuminating.

Of course they maintain links with Ireland, its one of their biggest markets for jersies. On top of all this brand Ireland they have developed, Ireland is one of their biggest markets for selling organising trips to Parkhead its no surprise at all.
    It's not just about branding or selling jerseys, although there's nothing wrong with tapping into those revenue streams is there? There are real tangible cultural links between Celtic and Ireland which means the revenue streams are authentic and not merely marketing exercises.

Why does secterianism exist after all these years? I dont understand , I really dont.
    The sectarian thing is present in Scottish society and still present in The North as well and this manifests itself in Scottish football grounds still from time to time. As a Celtic supporter I hate seeing people advocating extremist or sectarian views while denigrating the Celtic jersey, like when some were wearing it at that "Love Ulster" riot in Dublin a few years back.

There is a lot of LoI clubs that have lost out as people falsely believe that Celtic are some sort of Irish club...
    The LOI clubs need to get their own house in order. There's nothing to stop someone supporting an LOI club as well as support clubs like Celtic for example. As another poster said what's the story with John Delaney being paid twice as much as FA Chief Executives of countries like Spain and Italy? What's the story with thousands of fans traveling to Poland and singing the Fields of Athenry when the Irish team are getting beat out the gate, where is their support in the domestic soccer game? Why is taking the FAI and IFA so long to create an All Ireland league? The LOI need to stop making excuses and trying to blame others for their failure to develop a viable professional domestic league set up.

More to come from that hopefully, big test away to Benfica next. If they can win that qualification out of the Group will be assured.

Read a book a couple of years ago about how football explains the world. Often whats on the terraces and on the pitch is a reflection on what is happening in the world around it as football is entrenched in the working classes in most countries and all the money being pumped in is so at odds with the fans of the game. We dont need an All Ireland soccer league, bar Cliftonville,Portadown and Linfield NI soccer died a death years ago. Delany is in receipt of a ridiculous amount of money as head of the FAI, he gets more than some heads of state FFS! This is the man charged with and tasked with running our domestic league. Celtic have that leg up the other clubs here dont, that Republican history . There is a very valid excuse in blaming a Scottish club claiming to be Irish for the state of this game, if it was not here along with the Premiership clubs our league would be healthy alas this is not the state of the world. As football explains the world, Irish soccer fans are entranced with English culture and by extension of that English football...

More ***** from you fluffy, they arent pretending to be Irish.

The reason why so many people like to slate the LOI is because fanboys come out with high horse, holier than thou verbal diarrhoea, it's nice to wind them up.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast