View Poll Results: Should the Law Be Changed So Bankers' Pensions Can Be Cut ?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 82.61%
  • No

2 4.35%
  • The issue should be dealt with by means of tax

6 13.04%
  • Don't know / don't care

0 0%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Poll: Should the Law be Changed to Recoup Bank Pensions ?

Default Re: Poll: Should the Law be Changed to Recoup Bank Pensions ?

Quote Originally Posted by jpc View Post
    Still waiting for an answer I see!
    And he will be. Sullivan is on my Ignore List.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    And he will be. Sullivan is on my Ignore List.
    Here now.

David Drum on RTE 1 now.
    In case this all goes pear-shaped, I'll bid you adieu

I'm not surprised to be on Biffo's 'ignore' list, along with my friend 'Reality' who is also on Biffo's' 'ignore' list along with our joint acquaintance 'the 21st century'.

Let's see Biffo and his ilk ignore the next set of demands from the Troika. Horrible I know and counterintuitive to be looking forward to a decimation in jobs and conditions in Ireland but I find whenever I think of the Irish civil and public service and the bloated nonsense attached to it I can't help noticing that dark cloud comes with a potential silver lining.

Clearly no Irish Government has the balls nor the political will to attack the bedrock of expensive patronage in Ireland so the Troika in this regard may come in handy. It may take an externally led crisis to get the burden of that dead weight off the Irish exchequer for good.

The Gobshyte brigade marching ever onwards towards the their Sum and a ludicrous final pension arrangement may find their march halted. And they'll whinge like hell for public support when it comes. And they should get the same answer they gave when private sector decimation was imposed- silence.

Ignore away, Biffo. Try ignoring the reality of the austerity policies of the Troika on your damp solitary rock.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

I see in today's Sunday Times that Mike Aynesley was paid over €600,000 in expenses to make the relocation from Australia to Ireland, 2009-11.

Also that Simon Carswell, in the IT yesterday (page 2) claims there is nothing we can do about excessive pay and expenses apart from "exerting moral pressure."

Tax is a word apparently not in Simon's vocabulary.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    I see in today's Sunday Times that Mike Aynesley was paid over €600,000 in expenses to make the relocation from Australia to Ireland, 2009-11.

Also that Simon Carswell, in the IT yesterday (page 2) claims there is nothing we can do about excessive pay and expenses apart from "exerting moral pressure."

Tax is a word apparently not in Simon's vocabulary.
    It's not open to the government to bring in taxes that just target a few individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    It's not open to the government to bring in taxes that just target a few individuals.
    This point was echoed by a law lecturer on TWIP just now.

Actually it is very much open to the Minister for Finance to be able to do so. The only problem being, and a rather sensitive one in Irish affairs, is that all such large pensions would have to be Super-Levied.

Which means the Backscratcher Crew which at all times supports each others right to be responsible for nothing and yet highly paid and pensioned would have to see its up members caught up in the Super-Levy.

Awkward suggestion for the corrupt nexus on the gravy train between TD Junction, Civil Service Crossing and Quango City.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456