Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In Britain Jimmy Saville's name is poison; in Ireland the Christian Brothers get to celebrate!

I'm afraid I see the parallels rather than the differences. How the hell did Savile manage to get away with hundreds of abuses over 40 odd years? The various prolific abusers within the Church were attributed to the respect with which that organisation was held in the past and the exalted status of priests in the past. The BBC for all its merits is a secular organisation without the cloak of worship, Savile was an entertainer and not supposed to be regarded with unquestioning respect. Yet still, people just seemed to wash away the rumours. Until it all got too big to ignore.

I'm beginning to wonder if every large institution is harbouring a few...

And just wait until someone does a job on the UK public schools. I am reliably informed..... See that 4 weddings and a funeral clip. "...buggered me senseless, taught me an awful lot about life"....

The latest on Savile is the solo visits to the hospital morgue. According to this morning's Metro-Herald
    "The floggings will continue until morale improves "

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Default Re: In Britain Jimmy Saville's name is poison; in Ireland the Christian Brothers get to celebrate!

http://entertainment.ie/celebrity-go...ate/147276.htm

's come to light that British Police, who last week said they had zero record of complaints against Jimmy Savile, actually had complaints ranging back as far as the 1980s, and failed at seven opportunities to investigate and arrest the former BBC television presenter
    Coppers failed to interview him on a number of occasions. This is the tip of the iceberg. The documentary the other night spoke about Gary Glitter in the same breath and GG appeared on Jim'll Fix it...

But this is not the first time they had a child abuser in their ranks, remember Jonathan King?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012...-jonathan-king

There was also another actor that appeared in a BBC series recently convicted of something if I remember rightly...

How far does it go?...
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

It appears that outing the concealed paedos in secular society may be years behind outing the church.

What's worse is that Savile comprehensively got away with it; he's beyond punishment now. Earthly punishment at least.

Our society, everywhere, seems reluctant to ask searching questions of alpha males, even when the evidence is overwhelming. This needs to change.

On a final note, it was reported last week that the unsavoury Savile used to threaten victims with "friends in the IRA" I find it hard to believe that these actually existed, but can you imagine ???? Why weren't the cops onto that? In the middle of the 1980s bombing campaigns and all.

Default Re: In Britain Jimmy Saville's name is poison; in Ireland the Christian Brothers get to celebrate!

Paedophilia seems to be about a confusion of authority with sex- same as rape which it in reality happens to be.

Judges. Senior policemen. Priests. All people with authority in society. Unsurprising that paedophilia should also appear in the showbiz world. Narcissism is a driver in that world.

I would say that in most professions with a certain degree of authority in society beyond the workplace either attracts paedophiles or helps to create them with an added impulse of arrested adolescent development.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    Paedophilia seems to be about a confusion of authority with sex- same as rape which it in reality happens to be.

Judges. Senior policemen. Priests. All people with authority in society. Unsurprising that paedophilia should also appear in the showbiz world. Narcissism is a driver in that world.

I would say that in most professions with a certain degree of authority in society beyond the workplace either attracts paedophiles or helps to create them with an added impulse of arrested adolescent development.
    Paedos also seemed to be people whom were either abused as kids themselves and the cycle of violence is being perpetuated or/and they dont see anything wrong with what they are doing are impervious to the hurt caused to others. A lot of people who were paedophiles being not aware of the hurt caused to others might be the same whom would go into high level finance and banking in certain sectors (like vulture funds etc!)
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybiscuits View Post
    Paedos also seemed to be people whom were either abused as kids themselves and the cycle of violence is being perpetuated or/and they dont see anything wrong with what they are doing are impervious to the hurt caused to others. A lot of people who were paedophiles being not aware of the hurt caused to others might be the same whom would go into high level finance and banking in certain sectors (like vulture funds etc!)
    Fluffy, not all paedos were abused as ex priest now lacisied Oliver O Grady was one of them. He thinks it's fine to hurt but the problem was that he lacked empathy and understanding of what caused it in the first place. The more he do would make him a huge monster as his mindset was something else more shocking when i watched a video of him.

In high level where protection and secrecy are paramount as that's where some Judges thrived and bankers as well. In the past where high level sex ring have captured high ranking officials such as the Judge et al.

Quote Originally Posted by disability student View Post
    Fluffy, not all paedos were abused as Oliver O Grady was one of them. He thinks it's fine to hurt but the problem was that he lacked empathy and understanding of what caused it in the first place.

In high level where protection and secrecy are paramount as that's where some Judges thrived and bankers as well. In the past where high level sex ring have captured high ranking officials such as the Judge et al.
    Ah I understand that, that is why I mentioned and/or have psychological issues...

Default Maidir Le: In Britain Jimmy Saville's name is poison; in Ireland the Christian Brothers get to celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by morticia View Post
    I'm afraid I see the parallels rather than the differences. How the hell did Savile manage to get away with hundreds of abuses over 40 odd years? The various prolific abusers within the Church were attributed to the respect with which that organisation was held in the past and the exalted status of priests in the past. The BBC for all its merits is a secular organisation without the cloak of worship, Savile was an entertainer and not supposed to be regarded with unquestioning respect. Yet still, people just seemed to wash away the rumours. Until it all got too big to ignore.

I'm beginning to wonder if every large institution is harbouring a few...

And just wait until someone does a job on the UK public schools. I am reliably informed..... See that 4 weddings and a funeral clip. "...buggered me senseless, taught me an awful lot about life"....

The latest on Savile is the solo visits to the hospital morgue. According to this morning's Metro-Herald
    The UK police were able to nab Jonathon King so it's suspicious that Saville was able to go to his grave without being made accountable. Turns out Saville had access to children in care and had plans to open a holiday home for deprived children!!!

Some of the Religious Orders managing the Industrial Schools also ran fee-paying Boarding Schools and there was abuse going on in both! Sir Anthony O'Reilly disagrees with me on that but he's wrong:
    "I went through my entire schooling in Belvedere and I never heard of a single case of sex abuse and I never heard any of my companions talk about it. So I have to say that it was probably in special enclosed situations like orphanages or reformatory schools, but certainly in day schools it was not something that I was aware of. I heard about it for the first time much later in life.
    Link The O’Reilly Gazette ... I Kid You Not

One of the Orders - the Rosminians - had a Boarding School close to the Irish border - and they used children from two Institutions to skivvy in the Boarding school. At one time the School had two abusers running loose. The children 'seconded' from the Industrial Schools (one in Cork and one in Tipperary) were abused by these two clergy and it beggars belief that it was just the children from the Industrial schools who were abused.

And this is for Sir Tony: The Rosminians also doled out their charges to Religious societies like the Jesuits. A few of these children skivvied for the Jesuits in Dublin - specifically SFX in Gardiner St - and more than a handful of these children had occasion to enter Belvedere college to do specific jobs for specific Jesuits. It beggars belief that these children from the Institutions were the only ones used for these jobs.
    Give me a misty day, pearly gray, silver, silky faced, wide-awake crescent-shaped smile

Default Re: Maidir Le: In Britain Jimmy Saville's name is poison; in Ireland the Christian Brothers get to celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew49 View Post
    The UK police were able to nab Jonathon King so it's suspicious that Saville was able to go to his grave without being made accountable. Turns out Saville had access to children in care and had plans to open a holiday home for deprived children!!!

Some of the Religious Orders managing the Industrial Schools also ran fee-paying Boarding Schools and there was abuse going on in both! Sir Anthony O'Reilly disagrees with me on that but he's wrong:

Link The O’Reilly Gazette ... I Kid You Not

One of the Orders - the Rosminians - had a Boarding School close to the Irish border - and they used children from two Institutions to skivvy in the Boarding school. At one time the School had two abusers running loose. The children 'seconded' from the Industrial Schools (one in Cork and one in Tipperary) were abused by these two clergy and it beggars belief that it was just the children from the Industrial schools who were abused.

And this is for Sir Tony: The Rosminians also doled out their charges to Religious societies like the Jesuits. A few of these children skivvied for the Jesuits in Dublin - specifically SFX in Gardiner St - and more than a handful of these children had occasion to enter Belvedere college to do specific jobs for specific Jesuits. It beggars belief that these children from the Institutions were the only ones used for these jobs.
    Andrew, the problem with O Reilly as he lived in a bubble world so seluded and so remote from the real world. He doesn't have the understanding of what's like to be poor.

My memory of him in Wexford at the time of the Opera when i was down for the wedding. Then i saw a huge massive car... Bentley with 8/9 different types of mobiles inside that Bentley (that was ten years ago before it became a public commodity). We pondered the question? who owned that Bentley car?

Then few hours later,we saw O Reilly depressed with a Glass of Brandy along with Havana cigar (especially ordered for him by a barman there) walking into Bentley car. When i saw him first time as he looked depressed with huge weight pressing on his shoulders on that Friday afternoon. It struck me home that if you want to be super wealthy, be prepared to suffer mental ills of the mind.

The BBC must have been complicit in the coverup of some of Saviles crimes. I think that's obvious, anyone found to have been part of the cover up should be named and face charges. Many/most will be dead or retired but those living should know they have been caught and shamed.

The Christian Brothers like the Nuns etc. were the same and yet very different. The BBC was trusted but not to the extent of the RCC, nor was or is it respected in the same way. The BBC did not rule the RCC did, and its an important difference if only because however perverted someone was they knew there was a limit. The RCC knew no such limit.

There appears to be one, or more, high level paedophile ring in the UK but if one of their members is caught that member is dumped so quickly and thoroughly as to leave no apparent trace of connection to the ring. The only way around that if the ring still exists is for a member when caught to name names.

Quote Originally Posted by morticia View Post
    It appears that outing the concealed paedos in secular society may be years behind outing the church.

What's worse is that Savile comprehensively got away with it; he's beyond punishment now. Earthly punishment at least.

Our society, everywhere, seems reluctant to ask searching questions of alpha males, even when the evidence is overwhelming. This needs to change.

On a final note, it was reported last week that the unsavoury Savile used to threaten victims with "friends in the IRA" I find it hard to believe that these actually existed, but can you imagine ???? Why weren't the cops onto that? In the middle of the 1980s bombing campaigns and all.
    Today's papers are reporting that the police let Saville off 7 times. On one occasion the allegation involved a boy in Jersey, others were young girls.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Apparently a former senior advisor at Downing Street is being mentioned as being part of a paedophile ring.

He is still alive. The interesting thing there is that today I noticed a case where a man of 78 I think was sentenced to 11 years for offences between 1949 and something like 1978. I don't think there is a statute of limitations in the UK for that kind of crime although I am not sure.

I don't care what people do for a living-priest. celebrity, politician, police, whoever- there should be no quarter for these animals. As I've said before I believe in the death penalty on conviction for child abuse/child rape.

I doubt very much whether we'll see that any day soon. But I couldn't care less who or what position they are at in society. They need to be excised out of it.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

Quote Originally Posted by captain con o'sullivan View Post
    apparently a former senior advisor at downing street is being mentioned as being part of a paedophile ring.

He is still alive. The interesting thing there is that today i noticed a case where a man of 78 i think was sentenced to 11 years for offences between 1949 and something like 1978. I don't think there is a statute of limitations in the uk for that kind of crime although i am not sure.

I don't care what people do for a living-priest. Celebrity, politician, police, whoever- there should be no quarter for these animals. As i've said before i believe in the death penalty on conviction for child abuse/child rape.

I doubt very much whether we'll see that any day soon. But i couldn't care less who or what position they are at in society. They need to be excised out of it.
    +10000000000

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    Apparently a former senior advisor at Downing Street is being mentioned as being part of a paedophile ring.

He is still alive. The interesting thing there is that today I noticed a case where a man of 78 I think was sentenced to 11 years for offences between 1949 and something like 1978. I don't think there is a statute of limitations in the UK for that kind of crime although I am not sure.

I don't care what people do for a living-priest. celebrity, politician, police, whoever- there should be no quarter for these animals. As I've said before I believe in the death penalty on conviction for child abuse/child rape.

I doubt very much whether we'll see that any day soon. But I couldn't care less who or what position they are at in society. They need to be excised out of it.
    That would all pass by as time goes on unless there is more to come in the story. The public would forget all about it just like Sky/Murdoch case. Mary Harney had said ' the public have short memories' such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan;

Indeed. I'm not sure the death penalty allows for false accusations or for reflection on the enormity of one's crimes. However, there should be a "three strikes and you're out" rule such that anyone convicted of three separate sex offences of a serious nature ( rape, paedophilia etc) should be incarcerated for life on the grounds that they're a danger to society. I'd be inclined to think anyone who is innocent is unlikely to get 3 unlinked accusations of the sort Savile would be facing, were he still alive.
    Police also need to keep a record of accusations where there is insufficient evidence to prosecute. There were 7 separate accusations against the Soham murderer, none of the separate police forces involved had kept adequate records, so the guy got a job a a school caretaker.
    Unfortunately, the law as it stands at present plays into the abusers' hands. While I accept that false accusations can be made, the prolific abusers offend so often that the multiple accusations from dozens of unconnected victims should be sufficient to raise a red flag. If it still can't be proven, at the very least, could the accused not be kept away from children? The more kids that get abused, the more paedos there are in the next generation and so it goes on and on and on

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast