Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Quinn defense -some valid questions

Default The Quinn defense -some valid questions

Here's the leaflet that was distributed at the Quinn rally in Ballyconnell today.
    There's some good points made there that could do with more scrutiny.

Default Re: The Quinn defense -some valid questions

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyJoe View Post
    Here's the leaflet that was distributed at the Quinn rally in Ballyconnell today.
    There's some good points made there that could do with more scrutiny.
    I can't read it PaddyJoe. Any chance of getting it up in some other form?
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Plausible that there is a hope in some quarters that Quinn will take the fall and mask the mountain of failure that taints everyone connected to Anglo. From Govt and Civil Service to Central bank to E&Y and even parts of the press there are a lot of insiders who it would suit for the focus to be elsewhere. Lot of complicity for the banking collapse still about and most involved have no shortage of power and resources

There are plenty of valid questions going unanswered but the Ballyconnell brigade are getting us no closer to the truth by playing down Quinn's considerable responsibility in all of it.
    Someone of Quinn's wealth just doesn't get shafted or feel the force of the law he currently is without there being a massive degree of **** up on his part

The moneybags section Phoenix a few weeks back paints a bleak picture of all sides walking away largely unscathed and us picking up the tab
    Last edited by Dr. FIVE; 14-10-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. FIVE View Post
    Plausible that there is a hope in some quarters that Quinn will take the fall and mask the mountain of failure that taints everyone connected to Anglo. From Govt and Civil Service to Central bank to E&Y and even parts of the press there are a lot of insiders who it would suit for the focus to be elsewhere. Lot of complicity for the banking collapse still about and most involved have no shortage of power and resources
    Yeah.... and that complicity continues ... in the courts.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

One question that comes to mind is, will Paul Gallagher have anything to say about the content of that pamphlet?

Later still, the new board of Anglo tried to get the Quinn family to sign documents stating they had received
    legal advice prior to signing the original loan documentation, up to two years earlier. Does this not prove
    Anglo’s new board knew the loans were illegal?
    Not in the eyes of the law, I'd wager
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. FIVE View Post
    I see that version differs from the leaflet. Statements versus questions. I'm guessing that there's legal issues there.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    One question that comes to mind is, will Paul Gallagher have anything to say about the content of that pamphlet?
    There's a very serious allegation there. I'd like to see the actual leaflet that was handed out today.

Simple fact here. The Quinns were running a company that was insolvent after it made poor investments in Anglo. The Quinns tried to defraud the Irish people of money after their company was found to be insolvent.

Anglo Irish Bank used the Quinns to facilitate a criminal action and now they plead the holier than thou argument.

Both should be liquidated and to hell with the losses.

I really cannot see how it would affect the ordinary Irish citizen or business.

I have yet to see a genuine argument as to why saving banks was to the benefit of ordinary people/99% of us

Dublin North-West - the leading constituency!

Quote Originally Posted by MPB View Post
    Simple fact here. The Quinns were running a company that was insolvent after it made poor investments in Anglo. The Quinns tried to defraud the Irish people of money after their company was found to be insolvent.

Anglo Irish Bank used the Quinns to facilitate a criminal action and now they plead the holier than thou argument.

Both should be liquidated and to hell with the losses.

I really cannot see how it would affect the ordinary Irish citizen or business.

I have yet to see a genuine argument as to why saving banks was to the benefit of ordinary people/99% of us

+1. If company law applied to banks when they were profitable, why is it not applied when they become insolvent? Anglo, BOI and AIB should all have been subject to insolvency proceedings as soon as they became insolvent. Had company law been properly followed, the country would have benefitted enormously.

However, non-enforcement of the law is something of a tradition in Ireland.

Default Maidir Le: The Quinn defense -some valid questions

The law, like taxes in New York, is only for the little people. Maybe Anglo, BOI, AIB and INBS all come from 'good Garda families'.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

Fintan O'Toole seems to have been singled out at the rally as an example of media bias against the Quinns:
    WITH SO many big lies abounding, the small ones perhaps hardly matter. But since one of the lies at the Quinn family rally in Ballyconnell on Sunday evening concerns this column, it cannot go unchecked.
    Peter Quinn set the tone by calling journalists “bastards”.

Just one particular bastard was mentioned in the speeches, however – myself. Patricia Gilheaney, who speaks for the pro-Quinn campaign, told those at the rally that I had called them horrible names: “The people who attend these rallies have been called morons, culchies, idiots by the likes of Fintan O’Toole and co.”
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...325297655.html

Kev Bar Guest

Oh to be singled out!

Hunted by culchies.

Cornered by crooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Bar View Post
    Oh to be singled out!

Hunted by culchies.

Cornered by crooks.
    Hung by the Baloobas.