Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ryanair 'unexpected landings', Spanish fines and alleged tax evasion in Italy

Default Maidir Le: Ryanair 'unexpected landings', Spanish fines and alleged tax evasion in Italy

I usually don't have much time for most, but not all, complaints about service on LCC's. Generally, you get what you pay for, and if you want better, you pay more.

But there's so much wrong with that disability policy, both from a discrimination perspective, and from a stupid corporate policy perspective. I'm glad you stood your ground.
    Causes me to wonder what might be different about, for example, pilgrimage flights to Lourdes that are heavy on disabled passengers?

You're right to be concerned about rising prices, at least on certain routes, that has happened with Southwest (the model for Ryanair) in the US, but they're still lower than the alternatives. I don't think you need worry about Ryanair becoming a monopoly. There are still a lot of airlines in the EU, at least compared to the US.
    The US is down to four large national airlines, and maybe six smaller ones, plus a bunch of regional airlines that feed into the bigger hubs.The EU still has about fifty airlines.

Over a two week period last year I flew WOW, Vueling, Easyjet (first time), and Ryanair. While none were excellent, I found all satisfactory, for the fares I paid. Average was about E75 booked six weeks in advance. Ryanair impressed by the speed with which they turned the aircraft around, by unloading and then reloading at both ends of the aircraft. Not always possible.

As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Default Re: Ryanair 'unexpected landings', Spanish fines and alleged tax evasion in Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    I usually don't have much time for most, but not all, complaints about service on LCC's. Generally, you get what you pay for, and if you want better, you pay more.

I agree with what you have said there.

But there's so much wrong with that disability policy, both from a discrimination perspective, and from a stupid corporate policy perspective. I'm glad you stood your ground.
    Causes me to wonder what might be different about, for example, pilgrimage flights to Lourdes that are heavy on disabled passengers?

It's usually Aer lingus or some charter flight that does the pilgrimage flights as no other airline would take them on cos lot of work and man handling these disabled passengers and also their company policy as well. Last year i heard from someone close to a group who went to Holy land pilgrimage as some airline (cant rem name) won't take whole lot of them something to do with their company policy or insurance (usually their lame excuse- get out of jail card which isn't true)

You're right to be concerned about rising prices, at least on certain routes, that has happened with Southwest (the model for Ryanair) in the US, but they're still lower than the alternatives. I don't think you need worry about Ryanair becoming a monopoly. There are still a lot of airlines in the EU, at least compared to the US.
    The US is down to four large national airlines, and maybe six smaller ones, plus a bunch of regional airlines that feed into the bigger hubs.The EU still has about fifty airlines.

Rising prices due to oil prices which have increased slowly. Usually all oil prices are priced in term of American dollar not Saudi or Iran or whatever. It's down to derivatives as any company finance division, who plan to hedge the oil prices to eliminate or offset any losses in 1 year time or 6 months time. Derivatives is a ticking time bomb as its very hard to predict correctly as they are bound to derivate contracts. That applies to mortgages lending as well in various banks.

Over a two week period last year I flew WOW, Vueling, Easyjet (first time), and Ryanair. While none were excellent, I found all satisfactory, for the fares I paid. Average was about E75 booked six weeks in advance. Ryanair impressed by the speed with which they turned the aircraft around, by unloading and then reloading at both ends of the aircraft. Not always possible.
    [FONT=arial]

Fair play to you re average €75 well done as ryanair might hire you for your skills only joking .Yes i have heard about southwest as a business model for Ryanair. You right re fewer airlines companies in usa which might be a concern. I'm surprised re 50 airlines in EU which is a good sign for competition.

Did you know that Ryanair have 1bn in their cash pile as the reason for monopoly concerns that i have had re Ryanair??? They bought out some other airlines like they did Lauda airlline (austria). Did you know that Ryanair tactics which i noticed that when they barged into their competitor area say aer arann or easy jet on some unknown routes say kerry or Faroe island. Hence the competition which Ryanair deloberately lowered their price than aer arann or Easy jet air fare price thus pricing them out. Then they leave which leaves Ryanair only on that particular route. After that they will raise their prices as to maximise their profits. That's monopoly style of profiteering etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123