Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone out there interested in forming a NEW political Party??....and I'm being quite serious....

Question Anyone out there interested in forming a NEW political Party??....and I'm being quite serious....

Greetings Y'all,
    having ground my teeth down to almost nothing, I was just wondering if there was any REAL interest in some like minded souls meeting to set up a new Political Party?? The basis of this party would be as follows
    * Jail Bertie as a perjurer and remove his pension
    * Have Fingers return the €1m "handshake" he received....plus interest
    * NAME the Bondholders
    * Take Michael O'Leary up on his offer to sort out the HSE...I know he's offered to do it for free, but he can have 10% of what he saves to do with as he sees fit....he can burn it for all I care, after all that's what we're doing with the money
    * Build a train service from the Airport to the City Centre.....it's absurd that Dame Edna wants us to be taken seriously when we're one of the few capital cities in the WORLD that doesn't have a rail link to its City Centre....and NO, DAA and Taxi drivers will receive absolutely zero "compensation"
    * Remove VRT AT ONCE...the concept of the EEC/EU or whatever it's called this week, was a "duty free" zone between member states....Ireland is the only member state which has VRT, making cars 40% dearer here than ANYWHERE else in Europe (Poland have a vrt of sorts, but that's to protect their native automotive industry, SKODA. Since Ford left Ireland last century, we can't use that as an excuse)
    * Abolish the property tax, as there are going to be 3 classes of people in the country, those who haven't registered or paid, those who registered and paid this year, but wont pay the €1,100 they receive next year and those who have the loot to pay no matter WHAT it is......
    * Replace it with a 0.25% charge on all transactions that happen in the IFSC. The alleged Government can't get tough with individuals for non payment of tax while it encourages International Corporations to locate in the IFSC SPECIFICALLY to avoid & evade paing taxes in their home country
    * Very simple idea...we set up a "job scoreboard" which shows very simply
    Jobs created this week (in green) Businesses created this week (in green) Net job figure for week (in green or red, depending on whether there were more lost than created)

Jobs lost this week (in red) Businesses lost this week(in red) Net Businesses for week (again, in red or green, depending on whether more lost or created)
    and from week 2 and onwards........

Net jobs created since adaption of this simple scoreboard (in red or green) Net Businesses created since adaption (in red or green)

we could see very quickly whether /how much ,we were up or down weekly and on an ongoing basis, no B/S, assurances that "everything was being done" blah blah blah
    * Cap bank managers /officials pay @ €120,000.we OWN the bast%£&s after all.....or do we?
    * Cap ALL Civil Servants pay at €120,000.......TO HAVE A POXY RAIN SODDEN DUMP WHERE IT IS PROHIBITIVELY EXPENSIVE TO LIVE, YET WHOSE KEY CIVIL SERVANTS ARE PAID MORE THAN THE PRESIDENT OF USA IS QUITE FRANKLY A FARCE....no wonder no one takes U seriously, Dame Edna, minister for rictus grins and flatulent warblings

That's just for starters.I've a a few more ideas too which WILL save money , make 95% of people better off,and begin to get us taken seriously ....any comments??

Default Re: Anyone out there interested in forming a NEW political Party??....and I'm being quite serious....

Skoda is Czech, no?

And what about Fingers' 26M pension, paid for by the tax payer? The "handshake" is peanuts...
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Default Re: Anyone out there interested in forming a NEW political Party??....and I'm being quite serious....

Who are the candidates for Taoiseach?? Cannot decide to join until I know who will be running this great new party, pledged to do all the things I want.

Thank U 4 Ur comments.......Total, or Mayhem, or perhaps Total Mayhem, I'm afraid U're typical of what is in existing parties at the moment.......latch onto a minor piece of detail, start a query about that, before long we've ANOTHER tribunal, costing €250,000,000 which determines that the company is Czech/Polish, but closed down during year 8 of our 15 year tribunal to ascertain its' nationality..result - another 15 years of the Fiannas (Fianna Fail, Fianna Gael & Fianna Labour) in power, nothing done and more loot burned.......and of course, a tribunal has no standing in law, so its' outcome is totally irrelevant...As for Fingers pension,having worked in Financial Services for 30 years , specifically Pensions,,I'm afraid Fingers pension is airtight and it'd take a LOT more than €1Billion to unwravel where it is ...exactly, in the meantime, he croaks.how about we introduce a tax on Pension investments over, say, €2million, and tax them at arate of 50% for €2 -€3 million, 60% for next €1million and so on??
    BarryM, I'm afraid we need to see if we A) have a party B)how many are in it C) see how many agree with the basis of it BEFORE we even discuss who's Taoiseach...
    Just a few points of "clarification" by the way.
    * We need to identify the Bondholders ......so we can hit the Conniving Underhand Nasty Temporal Scum with a 95% Betting tax
    * The Dail will henceforth work 10 months of the year, and the TD's will be expected to be in attendance 40 hours per week ......no attendance, no pay, on a pro rata basis, so U work 10 hours in Dail, U receive 25% of Ur pay....and most importantly of all, ALL the proceedings will be conducted in English...If U want them in Irish, find an interpreter, and no , U can't claim that as an expense......to have the wank stains that we presently have appear for 20 hours a week is bad enough, but to then insist on spending half of that time translating the little they do say into Irish, is a farce.....no wonder shag all is done, first we'll TALK about it , then we'll TRANSLATE it into Irish for the fir/mna brigade, then we'll..what was we were going to do again??I know, let's TALK about what we were going to do(and translate that into Irish too)..............wake Up, and don't dare attetmpt to say that I'm being non national/have no pride in language or country..........I am, but I'm NOT going to hide behide it to do nothing so I can secure my TD's pension after many years of doing nothing...............Jeeeeeeeez, i'M FUMING NOW!!!! Time for some music.......keep the faith, and thak U for reading & taking the time to reply!! And remember.......if it's too loud then U're too old!!

Have enjoyed these posts, in spite of the reference to Michael O'Leary, as it is a refreshing change to see someone spending the time to pull together their personal programme.

All the privilege and waste is in my opinion there for a reason, to do with power, and the very unequal situation that comes about when the economy is based on profit, not production.

Do you see a contradiction between wanting to cap top salaries, and wanting to pay Michael O'Leary a fortune to run the HSE ?

Angry Re: Anyone out there interested in forming a NEW political Party??....and I'm being quite serious....

Hi C.Flower, if U read Micahal O'Leerays offer to what passes for agovernment, he said he'd run the HSE for a year..............for nothing. I'd say the managerial arses of the HSE heavyw8 management made some very interesting noises @the prospect of O'Leary running the show for a year!!! Can U imagine.........he'd want to know WHAT the fu$K, they were doing, why it took so long to do it and why nothing was actually happening......except, of course, ludicrous levels of pay being taken out , week in, week out, no accountability, just more of the same.The ratio of admin to medical staff in our illustrious Health service is 3.2:1....ie for every 1 medical person, doctor , nurse, consultant etc,who can actually treat U, there are 3.2 hangers on, while it should be the other way around.
    I was admitted to hospital 3 weeks ago in an ambulance and had to sit ouside the hospital (Beaumont)for 3 hours IN the ambulance, because there was no trolly for me to be admitted on.......I effectively tied up an emergency ambulance for 3 hours, while the staff had to play musical beds...........Last year in Spain, I was admitted to hospital too as an emergency case..........after being put into a coma for 4 days so my signs could be regulated, and a further 3 days in ICU, a group of consultants appeared at my bedside and wanted to know

Why are U on so many branded medicines???The ones we're giving U do the same job, at about a tenth of the cost and secondly
    Why do U not have Ur perscription with U??In Spain, if U're on long term medication, U go to the chemist, hand over Ur prescription , have it filled and they then give it back to U. I explained that if that happened here, the Doctors and chemists cant charge U to have the same prescription "renewed" every 3 months, thus making out like bandits for the cost of Ur visit to the GP.and of course , the Chemists are being paid a fortune to give U branded drugs.....they were horrified

Quote Originally Posted by Berties car on fire-again View Post
    Hi C.Flower, if U read Micahal O'Leerays offer to what passes for agovernment, he said he'd run the HSE for a year..............for nothing. I'd say the managerial arses of the HSE heavyw8 management made some very interesting noises @the prospect of O'Leary running the show for a year!!! Can U imagine.........he'd want to know WHAT the fu$K, they were doing, why it took so long to do it and why nothing was actually happening......except, of course, ludicrous levels of pay being taken out , week in, week out, no accountability, just more of the same.The ratio of admin to medical staff in our illustrious Health service is 3.2:1....ie for every 1 medical person, doctor , nurse, consultant etc,who can actually treat U, there are 3.2 hangers on, while it should be the other way around.
    I was admitted to hospital 3 weeks ago in an ambulance and had to sit ouside the hospital (Beaumont)for 3 hours IN the ambulance, because there was no trolly for me to be admitted on.......I effectively tied up an emergency ambulance for 3 hours, while the staff had to play musical beds...........Last year in Spain, I was admitted to hospital too as an emergency case..........after being put into a coma for 4 days so my signs could be regulated, and a further 3 days in ICU, a group of consultants appeared at my bedside and wanted to know

Why are U on so many branded medicines???The ones we're giving U do the same job, at about a tenth of the cost and secondly
    Why do U not have Ur perscription with U??In Spain, if U're on long term medication, U go to the chemist, hand over Ur prescription , have it filled and they then give it back to U. I explained that if that happened here, the Doctors and chemists cant charge U to have the same prescription "renewed" every 3 months, thus making out like bandits for the cost of Ur visit to the GP.and of course , the Chemists are being paid a fortune to give U branded drugs.....they were horrified
    Hospitals need admin - when they don't have good administrative systems, patients don't get properly referred and seen by the right doctor, the building would not be maintained, bills paid, etc. etc.
    I had a holiday job once in a hospital which was just getting requests for a repair from ward staff to the maintenance yard and making sure the repairs were completed. That was full time, and it was needed.

We have a thread on why we pay far too much for pharma - Mary Harney's name comes up in it.

I'm not for one minute doubting that hospitals DON'T need admin staff, C (no [email protected] to U as "C", OK??!!) but a ratio of 3:1??? Can U imagine running a garage where there were 3:1 admin staff to mechanics?? It's the build up and acceptance of leaving things as they are/were that have things this bad.....I'd settle for a ratio of 1:1.....and that's NOT taking from the admin staff, the workers, who DO fantastic work, its the layers of managers that need stripping out and removing.....apparently a few nights after my experience in hospital, 3 ambulances were tied up for hours for the same reason............were any of the HSE Management losing sleep or worried sick about that?? Doubt it.............

it will, unfortunately, take a number of people who will die in crashes/fires as a result of no ambulances being available because they're tied up with patients outside of hospitals to bring the message home.............and their families need to sue the state for "exemplary damages"in excess ogf €100 million to focus their minds on the problem. It takes MONEY and the loss of a lot of it, to get this shower to act, but til then,U'll get a pat on the head and be told its being looked at......and that even an inquiry will be set up to review the situation.......cue Barristers, Solicitors rubbing hands and more money being squandered..........and nothing to happen!!!
    Last edited by Spectabilis; 29-08-2012 at 06:31 PM.

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Thinking about this the othe day! Im meeting the SWP tommorrow with a view to joining them but am fairly open about other new parties!

More things

-Gay marriage
    -Abortion for women as an option
    -Tougher hate laws
    -Job creation schemes
    -Mutuality co-ops
    -More accountability in the army
    -More open FOI
    -Specific schools that teach languages at second level
    -Further intergration into Europe culturally, socially and with a view to resolving economic differences
    -Some codified laws to deal with serious matters
    -Tougher laws on gangs
    -Legalising cannabis
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................given that every cent that the supposed government can get their paws on is being shovelled to Germany with undignified haste, I'm afraid a lot of what U're proposing is at best a theoretical exercise old bean!!

Accountability in the army??? Are U on drugs??!!! Given that we're supposedly a neutral counrty, but one corner of which is part of the UK, what happens if Iran decides to nuke/chemically attack Belfast? What do we do? Get out with our white flags and wave them furiously at the prevailing wind, chanting we're neutral?? The other thing about neutrality is that its fine .IF U CAN DEFEND IT. We can't, plain and simple..........and all the while we're bleating on about our "neutrality", we've allowed over 1,000,000 american servicemen to land in shannon, on their way to whatever war they're fighting this week.

More laws, given that the former head of the Government stood in a court and LIED under oath?? We've had €250,000,000 squandered over 15 years in a non legally binding tribunal to be told that Birthy (De man wot put the " D" in "owndlee", or only as us civilized folk pronounce it) walks like a liar, talks like a liar, eats like a liar, shit£s like a liar, lies like a liar....the list goes on, but is in fact NOT a liar?,As Birthy has shown, U don't get justice in Irish courts, U get LAW, and the more money U have, the more Law U can buy.

Abortion for women??No, won't ever happen here, we just convienently export the "problem" to the godless Brits........AND we can charge them exit tax as they take the plane to have their "problem" dealt with......I'm surprised the DAA haven't installed scanners in the airport so women can be scanned on their way for their abortion .....and then charged for 2 people and double the exit tax.

Gay marriage is like gays "fighting for the right to have children"......and needs to listed along with banning smoking in Public places....it's like re-arranging the deck-chairs on the Titanic, and gives the self abusers in the various Fiannas the excuse to divert time and attention away from dealing with the very serious issues facing the country.........more time and loot wasted........every day getting them closer to their td's pension.

And we HAVE language taught in our schools.......stuck with Irish, so we can read the place names and bus destinations that have been translated and that .....well, how many people CAN and actually DO bother with it?? Peig sayers for popeLOL!!!!!

Now must dash, sum eejit set the car on fire again, and I told him that was NEXT WEEK, the wrong stuff's in it...................'scuse me

Hi BertiesCarIsOnFireAgain (BCIOFA)

Thanks for taking the time to set out your preferred policies. Theyre all pretty sensible policies. However, Im sorry to break this to you, but good policies dont win elections. Politics nowadays is almost pure marketing, salesmanship, and brand management.

Most voters arent interested "good policies". They want free handouts. In order to get elected you have to trick the selfish voters into thinking that you can deliver the handouts, while picking their pockets in order to pay for the handouts.

My own solution is to move to a system of fiscally sovereign communities, similar to Switzerland but I have no idea how to get from here to there, other than a chaotic and messy collapse of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWedge View Post
    My own solution is to move to a system of fiscally sovereign communities, similar to Switzerland but I have no idea how to get from here to there, other than a chaotic and messy collapse of the state.
    Dear God, the Toblerones are multiplying.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWedge View Post
    similar to Switzerland but I have no idea how to get from here to there
    For starters, sell some CDs with bank account details of German tax evaders to the Gestapo.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    For starters, sell some CDs with bank account details of German tax evaders to the Gestapo.
    The Gestapo had a lot of Swiss bank accounts.

They still do... the organisation may have vanished, the money has not.
    Last edited by TotalMayhem; 29-08-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast