Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

Default Re: John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybiscuits View Post
    +1 and lets be honest and put it into context. There is Monaghan Utd whom have just gone to the wall and now apparently one other club (forget who)
    That would prob be Dundalk, who are in serious financial difficulty ... period of 2-3 weeks being bandied about the place it seems

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3942/...-difficulties-
    Last edited by Ah Well; 06-07-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Buddha View Post
    Ireland has an incredibly high tolerance for BS. If we could bottle and export BS, we could bail out the entire Eurozone.
    This is a good point. Told today in work by 2 smart arses after I said I thought Ulsterbank should be closed due to its sheer stupidity in response to a question on what I thought about them, that don't be stupid a bank is not a business it's a financial institution and 'savings and investments would be lost' before the same two stupid bitches laughed to themselves, one of whom should know better as she has a degree in business so she must have passed an economics exam at some stage(god knows how) and the other who is a typical know all. An English literature student who spends her whole day correcting mine and other people's English, slagging off those who don't limit themselves to wishing they were more English, and when something that she knows nothing about comes up she and the other genius dabble in the usual BS that banks 'must be bailed out'.

Bullsh1te prevails at all levels of Irish society. Wading through it requires a big stick and a safety raft to get to better waters asap.

Quote Originally Posted by culmore View Post
    If the FAI can affort to pay one man that amount of money, then in the present circumstances all Grants to the FAI should be stopped and given to a more deserving cause.
    Yeah you fcukers can talk. what more deserving cause? The banks? Another spin doctoring Harvard student for Enda?

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    Yeah you fcukers can talk. what more deserving cause? The banks? Another spin doctoring Harvard student for Enda?
    You on the gargle Apjp? A tad aggressive there ... no?
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    You on the gargle Apjp? A tad aggressive there ... no?
    No. Haven't drank in a few weeks actually.. Well to be fair if anyone deserves agression its a thick headed FG supporter. FG supporters are hypocrites when they lecture others on how to spend money. Besides we all know what causes they consider 'deserving' of public money. Just like 12 arses O'Reilly earlier in the week saying he'll punish restaurants who don't get some new calory count up cos he needs to tackle obesity in Ireland. I'm happy to be as aggresive to those chancers as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    No. Haven't drank in a few weeks actually.. Well to be fair if anyone deserves agression its a thick headed FG supporter. FG supporters are hypocrites when they lecture others on how to spend money. Besides we all know what causes they consider 'deserving' of public money. Just like 12 arses O'Reilly earlier in the week saying he'll punish restaurants who don't get some new calory count up cos he needs to tackle obesity in Ireland. I'm happy to be as aggresive to those chancers as possible.
    The issue is: does Delaney deserve to be paid 400,000 euros a year.

I can't believe you think so.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

I'm very glad you put it as "does [he] deserve to be paid", because it sure isn't "earned".

IMHO €40,000 would still be too much of a pay-out.

Default Maidir Le: John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

I'm not convinced that having Denis O'Brien funding the Irish manager's salary is a good idea either.
    O'Brien added: “He was worth every penny,” in the wake of Ireland's disappointing Euro 2012 campaign where they lost all three group games.

The FAI have confirmed that O'Brien has agreed to provide support in financing the Ireland manager's two-year contract extension, estimated to be €1.5m, with the entrepreneur's contribution thought to be in the region of 50 per cent.

O'Brien said of the appointment of Trapattoni in 2008 that he was "a great believer if you hire the right people you get the right results." He told the Bloomberg news agency yesterday that who the FAI appointed as national manager was up to the governing body of Irish football and not him.
    http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3942/...obrien-praises

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Buddha View Post
    Two World Cups and Two European titles between them since 2006 but the two guys running these football associations are earning a combined figure which is almost €100,000 short of John Delaney's monster pay packet!!!

Quite, quite extraordinary...?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...s-3160384.html
    Quite, slim. I had no idea the FAI was so flush-gosh what a lucky fella that Delaney is.
    In case this all goes pear-shaped, I'll bid you adieu

Of course I don't. Just think its rich that someone in FG thinks they can comment on it without seeming a hypocrite. Not sure why someone like delaney exists tbh. What does he even do? Get drunk with the fans seems all.

Quote Originally Posted by musashi View Post
    I had no idea the FAI was so flush-gosh what a lucky fella that Delaney is.
    As the saying goes, you make your own luck.

JD is paid too much. If it is mainly financed by a state grant, the state should have some say about this.

Surprised that the like of Pat Kenny and Joe Duffy have not been critical of this - I know they get more but they are really really really worth it, or so they say.

Dublin North-West - the leading constituency!

Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    JD is paid too much. If it is mainly financed by a state grant, the state should have some say about this.

Surprised that the like of Pat Kenny and Joe Duffy have not been critical of this - I know they get more but they are really really really worth it, or so they say.
    Kenny, Duffy, Delaney and God knows how many others...............suckling on the teat of the taxpayer and their overweaning sense of entitlement is indeed profound.

I keep misreading this as "John Delaney's Extraordinary Rendition"

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    I keep misreading this as "John Delaney's Extraordinary Rendition"
    Given his exploits in Poland getting him on the plane home probably resembled an extraordinary rendition

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast