Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 82

Thread: John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dublin North-West - the leading constituency!
    Posts
    5,881

    Default John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

    Two World Cups and Two European titles between them since 2006 but the two guys running these football associations are earning a combined figure which is almost €100,000 short of John Delaney's monster pay packet!!!

    Quite, quite extraordinary. ******** to austerity, eh, John?

    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...s-3160384.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,664

    Default Re: John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

    "You'll never beat his wages"

    This was discussed on the Euros 2012 thread. it is an obscenity.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,664

    Default Re: John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

    The Irish state apparently gives the FAI a grant of some 4 million every year. So discuss this with your TD"s.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dublin North-West - the leading constituency!
    Posts
    5,881

    Default Re: John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    "You'll never beat his wages"

    This was discussed on the Euros 2012 thread. it is an obscenity.
    Such an obscenity, Sam, that it really deserves a thread of its own

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dublin North-West - the leading constituency!
    Posts
    5,881

    Default Re: John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    The Irish state apparently gives the FAI a grant of some 4 million every year. So discuss this with your TD"s.
    ......and 10% of that is trousered by Delaney! This really merits a lot more discussion!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,653

    Default Re: John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

    The fans and clubs should rebel, go on strike. Delaney's ridiculous wage is coming from the same pot that whatever limited funds that go into Irish football come from. He's literally taking the bite from the mouths of clubs that say they're starved for funding.

    It's like the political scene, people get this kind of crap because they're willing to tolerate it.

    Fans out drinking with him in Poland when they should be kicking his arse instead.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dublin North-West - the leading constituency!
    Posts
    5,881

    Default Re: John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaadi View Post
    The fans and clubs should rebel, go on strike. Delaney's ridiculous wage is coming from the same pot that whatever limited funds that go into Irish football come from. He's literally taking the bite from the mouths of clubs that say they're starved for funding.

    It's like the political scene, people get this kind of crap because they're willing to tolerate it.
    Fans out drinking with him in Poland when they should be kicking his arse instead.
    Ireland has an incredibly high tolerance for BS. If we could bottle and export BS, we could bail out the entire Eurozone.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,410

    Default Re: John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

    Absolutely shocking. I dont understand how this can be maintained/justified with it being in the public eye. So hopefully itll be reduced to an average industrial wage,,,for the new boy coming in!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    555

    Default Re: John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

    If the FAI can affort to pay one man that amount of money, then in the present circumstances all Grants to the FAI should be stopped and given to a more deserving cause.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    22,431

    Default Re: John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

    Interesting comparison:
    FAI chief John Delaney earns €250,000 more than the soccer chiefs in Euro 2012 championship winners Spain and the runners-up Italy, it has emerged.

    Angel Maria Villar, who is Spain’s football boss, earns €152,000 a year and the FA boss in Italy , Antonello Valentini is on a salary of €150,000, the Irish Daily Star reports today.

    Combined their annual salaries come to €302,000 – that’s €98,000 less than Mr Delaney (44) who earns €400,000 a year.
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...s-3160384.html

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    627

    Default Re: John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

    Delaney claims he left a high paid job when he took over in 2005, anyone know what it was, he used to be the volunteer Treasurer to FAI before he and others shafted then CEO, Fran Rooney, who was highly paid at Baltimore an experienced businessman.

    Delaney got the board to double the wages and now on 430k + expenses + travel allowances, very nice, what is he qualified as and what real experience has he.

    Top German guy is on 300k but like Itl and Spa guys they run real professional leagues on a scale of 10/20 times of what Delaney does, is Delaney a dictator his latest upgraded contract runs to 2015, IRFU guy, Browne, runs a bigger org on way less money

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dublin North-West - the leading constituency!
    Posts
    5,881

    Default Re: John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley 2 View Post
    Delaney claims he left a high paid job when he took over in 2005, anyone know what it was, he used to be the volunteer Treasurer to FAI before he and others shafted then CEO, Fran Rooney, who was highly paid at Baltimore an experienced businessman.

    Delaney got the board to double the wages and now on 430k + expenses + travel allowances, very nice, what is he qualified as and what real experience has he.

    Top German guy is on 300k but like Itl and Spa guys they run real professional leagues on a scale of 10/20 times of what Delaney does, is Delaney a dictator his latest upgraded contract runs to 2015, IRFU guy, Browne, runs a bigger org on way less money
    I believe Delaney is some class of an accountant and worked for some cash and carry outfit before landing his current hobby job.

    The German organisation (DFB) is huge and run on really professional lines. It also ensures that the finances of German football clubs are properly managed with the result that games are affordable for the average fan, unlike some cases in England.

    Coaching is a central part of the DFB's remit and a lot of money goes into this.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    627

    Default Re: John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Buddha View Post
    I believe Delaney is some class of an accountant and worked for some cash and carry outfit before landing his current hobby job.

    The German organisation (DFB) is huge and run on really professional lines. It also ensures that the finances of German football clubs are properly managed with the result that games are affordable for the average fan, unlike some cases in England.

    Coaching is a central part of the DFB's remit and a lot of money goes into this.




    The Finance Director at Musgraves would be on about 200k and probably have 20 accountants underneath him, think Delaney might be spoofing a little, he does seem to be from the FFer cute hoor camp.

    FAI should subcontract their Aviva end to IRFU and stick Delaney on a reality 40k per annum.

    FAI job does look ideal material for Bertie but instead of a salary put him on performance only related pay.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...
    Posts
    13,555

    Default Re: John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaadi View Post
    The fans and clubs should rebel, go on strike. Delaney's ridiculous wage is coming from the same pot that whatever limited funds that go into Irish football come from. He's literally taking the bite from the mouths of clubs that say they're starved for funding.

    It's like the political scene, people get this kind of crap because they're willing to tolerate it.

    Fans out drinking with him in Poland when they should be kicking his arse instead.
    +1 and lets be honest and put it into context. There is Monaghan Utd whom have just gone to the wall and now apparently one other club (forget who)

    http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakin...ue-555767.html

    The money is not being spent properly. We have to ensure the future of Irish football. 400k a year is ridiculous....
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    627

    Default Re: John Delaney's quite extraordinary remuneration.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Buddha View Post
    Two World Cups and Two European titles between them since 2006 but the two guys running these football associations are earning a combined figure which is almost €100,000 short of John Delaney's monster pay packet!!!

    Quite, quite extraordinary. ******** to austerity, eh, John?

    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...s-3160384.html


    Sure is an avalanche of anti JD comments in the Indo below the article but his contract runs to 2015, he will just keep his head down and avoid the Press, someone from outside the FAI has to push this and a good start would be the 4m Sports Council grant.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Share us
Follow Us